All Comments on 'Kallie'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
RebeccaCherieRebeccaCherieover 9 years ago
Gorgeous.

I disagree with Miss/Mr anonymous. It was lovely and very familiar to many that know that they are Kallie deep inside. I too understand te thrill of the transformation and am simply grateful that I can now live as I am. I hope Kallie might be able too as well.

Xxxx

Rebecca

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Spot on...

You get it and you got it! Great writing!

Dreamweaver594Dreamweaver594over 9 years ago
Refreshing and candid...

I enjoyed your prose and look forward to future works. A nicely written but sad portrait. A condemnation on a society that's closed mindedness makes the rest of us cringe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Suggestion

Turn it in to your creative writing professor and let us know what grade you get.

I know what grade I'd give it.

Joscelyn2tgJoscelyn2tgover 9 years ago
No, Not Very Interesting At All Unless...

...You are able - which means to either have lived these feelings, or to have had your eye's opened to those living with these feelings - to actually understand what this author has obviously experienced. To have told your closest and most trusted friend how you feel and how you really see yourself, and then have that person be suddenly repelled, thoroughly disgusted, and completely confused as to how... HOW you could have expected them to understand such perverse behavior. To have heard them say, "Man, you need help... that's some sick stuff going on in your head". Then slowly begin to understand you never should have said anything, and that only if you are very lucky will you convince them that they just heard you wrong so that they end up doing nothing in response to your admission. To understand that this hard, many times brutally HARD lesson was learned... usually at great expense, and it almost always costs friends and/or family members who no longer feel you are trustworthy.

Because society will never really provide such understanding. It has gradually been brought kicking and screaming into the harsh light of the 21st century, where the cost of this hatred towards everyone whose gender doesn't line up with their physical appearance has become obvious. 75% of those who feel their gender does not match their physical appearance will attempt suicide sometime in the next year. 75% of THOSE will be successful.

No, it's not very interesting at all... if you have no heart. I wonder who will be judged the sicker by the time society finally stops labeling gender in terms of A & B.

BrendaNWBrendaNWover 9 years ago
I understand

I fully understand what Cameron / Kallie is going through.. Joscelyn.. I understand.. I have been out in public but not to friends or family, though they may suspect and never say anything

angiquesophieangiquesophieover 9 years ago
good story, well written

thank you for allowing us a glimpse into cameron's split and hopeless life.

the story is written with empathy and well-chosen words. i only wish we as a society will one day allow all camerons to always be kallies.

HeisenhugHeisenhugover 9 years ago

This feels a touch too close to home for my taste, yet I would rather like to read a part two.

This "story" (is it a story if it's true life events?) can be summed up in three words...

You. Nailed. It.

griffin57griffin57over 9 years ago
Whats it like to walk in these shoes?

Something tells me that this will be very informative. It is already a great read. And Anon, try being a little more vague. Those that can; write. Those who can't critique.

MsKaceyMsKaceyover 9 years ago
Stands on its own..

I guess low ranking likely due to lack of sex here :/ .

I know some want a continuation..but it pretty much stands on its own.

And it is accurate. With some variances to match my case. I've got 49 years living alone with the social anxieties all now realized to be caused from my Gender Dysphoria. Unable to really be social. In my case however, just dressing myself up and going out isn't really changing that, even temporarily. Thought it might, but no. It's helped me realize some things and yes, take action for the GD which will start soon with HRT.. But the social issues are too ingrained for even hormones to be any 'magic pill' for the anxiety.

But the story is great on its own in showing the deeper truth about the illness and how far one has to go sometimes for a little relief from an unfriendly society.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Touching Story

First off I have to apologize to all the other great authors here.

I have never before rated or commented on a story in my 6 or so years of visiting here, this was my first.

It brought a tear to my eye. I didn't take it as a fictional story, I read it as the story of a torn person reaching out and sharing their life with us, and it was very touching to read.

Too real, and oh so unfinished. Please tell more of your story, i'm sure it will touch the hearts of many readers.

And thankyou too for sharing. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
2503 Followers
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...