All Comments on 'Rumspringa: The Sequel'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Basic Grammar

Epilogue:

Life for Sandy and I is great.

D.G., you're far too accomplished a writer to make such an error. In any second-grade English handbook, check out the topic "object of a preposition." Would you ever say, "Life for I is great."? An issue of no consequence, you might respond, but it's like a grain of sand in the eye of your reader ... so annoying it distracts one from the content. Check out the subject and object form of personal pronouns, and then, perhaps, life for Sandy and me will truly be great.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
I enjoyed this.

It was a nice closure to the unfinished story in ch.1. The main character finally found love and happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice Read!

Good ending to the original.Always enjoy your postings.Look forward to more. Thanks

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
As Always a Good Read

But you seem to be falling down on expressing correctly what the people are doing.

Still stopping once in a while did not hurt the story.

Sounds like something that could have happened. I wonder if Brian realized he was kidnapping?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
would've

I would've really enjoyed this until the part about the good meal at Red Lobster. That was pushing it too far. There's no such thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Why a second chapter

The second chapter was the best for me thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not What I Expected

Was really expecting this sequel to stay focused on John with Mary,and how they maneuvered around their differences to end up together.

I enjoyed this story but John-Sandy-Johnny part could have been written as a 3rd separate story,unrelated to a different direction in finishing ,"Rumspringa: The Sequel".

(Just my opinion)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Mumps

First, this is a great story. I gave it five stars. Interesting that Brian's family didn't know that sterility from mumps is a concern if contracted after puberty. So they basically distance themselves from Brian and the child he loved due to a misconception. He most likely was fully capable of siring little ones. If he couldn't, mumps was not the culprit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Another great story even though it was a follow up from the original. I really do like your writing style!

ldlarry52ldlarry52about 3 years ago
Still Confused

Enjoyed the read and the happy ending, but the story had nothing to do with Rumspringa. 4

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I can't say that Mary used him, but it was humiliating to him when Eli's wedding, the whore really didn't give him the time of day, even though he defended he from those 2 assholes. Hope the bitch has a hard life...

Elgatoazul1944Elgatoazul1944about 2 years ago

Cracker jack good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent continuation of the story. From the start, I thought that Mary was phony. She might have been nice looking on the outside, but it was only skin deep and it required a lot of care and lotion. She had highly adaptable morals and principles. Thank God John escaped from her web of deception and manipulation.

Mary's insides were as dirty as can be and quite sinful based on her upbringing. She was one messed up broad, as much as any of the other girls partying hard in college and trying to get their rocks off. Did I say sinful based on her upbringing?

I love the good ending of the story. It is heart warming Thx

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Mary shouldn't have treated John like she did. As far as Mennonite law, she broke it when she ignored them, graduated high school and went off to college. Sounds like the bitch wanted it both ways. John was sorry when she hurt him. , like a kick in the balls, but now went back and met up with his real wife, the mother of his son. He should actually meet Mary and in a round about way, tell her to f-ck herself. It would be funny, if the condom leaked and she got knocked up with John's baby... This, in no way is a reflection on Amish or Mennonite people. They are good people. Mary was a self-centered POS...

Martyr2002Martyr20029 months ago

I really didn’t get this as a sequel. They are two separate stories that happen in the same universe with some of the same characters that’s all. As for Mary she’s a POS who needs to be badmouthed from here to forever. I wouldn’t take an animal to her or encourage anyone else to either. She’s faithless and untrustworthy.

ker63469ker6346910 days ago

Loved this story. Now Mary, that's another story. She's a selfish piece of work in her own right.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5708 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rumspringa Previous Part
Rumspringa Series Info

SIMILAR Stories