All Comments on 'The Devil's Dog'

by geronimo_appleby

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
very powerful writing

g_a, congratulations for creating such a stark and twisted vision of depraved horror.

janeyljaneylover 9 years ago
Unmistakably GA...

Chillingly good, unmistakable style and command of the vernacular with a welcome detour from the usual filth...nice one...

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
AND READERS THINK POE AND MACK O LANTERNS ARE SCARY

have yet to view the macabre. TK U MLJ LV NV

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 9 years ago

Yup, that's pretty messed up right there. And endless downward spiral for our poor fellow. Well done!

AutumnWriterAutumnWriterover 9 years ago
Well done

Very patient and skillful authorship. Excellent use of imagery and language. I knew something was coming at the end, but I didn't know what until I was there. Nice job!

bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago

And what would you do to save yourself from imminent death. Excellent story

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 9 years ago
Poor fellow. He made a deal with the Devil.

He must have been desperate, but that in stories is always how the Devil works. He makes you an offer that you can't refuse. Then, of course, you're stuck. Mind you, I don't believe in a literal Devil, so to me, it's just a meme, albeit an interesting one.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

Sounds like a great twilight zone episode. You should write a screenplay.

Five Stars

Spanky1372Spanky1372over 9 years ago
Excellent

You Sir, have a twisted imagination and a talent for writing; more please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Interesting Story

Interesting and thought provoking story. A minor historical mistake, long drop hanging was not used in 1829. In fact you described a short drop hanging, which was used. If done properly long drop results in instant unconsciousness, short drop hanging does not.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergeronimo_appleby@geronimo_appleby
6065 Followers
Walking the earth, having adventures and shit. Not looking for any hook-ups, I just want to get me stories out there and have a chat on the forums.