All Comments on 'That Was Then - This is Now Pt. 01'

by Wasted_Raven

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Good Story Line

Good writing, some unique twists that were different in a positive way and a nice varied pace, continue please!

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Wow...

What an unbelievable 2nd story in Lit. This is a great chapter and very easily worth 5 stars. I can't wait to read the rest. Thank you for sharing.

markellymarkellyover 9 years ago
Great.

A damn good read. I look forward to the next chapter. A worthy five by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great!

This story really flows well. I eagerly await more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Loved this story, and can hardly wait to read more. Very well written, congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good

So far so good , keep the chapters coming so people don't forget your storyline and have to keep going back and scan the previous chapters. A lot of writers on here do that and it gets old having to do that.

KInd of have an idea where you're headed but that's all good if you make the getting there interesting .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

great start to the story, hope you come out with the next chapter quickly

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

Did he ever receive any counseling? Being that he is still having a hard time talking or hearing about his ex I'm guessing he didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hell yea!!

NOW this is a great story,well worth my 5stars. Would like a ch. On her thoughts after she was found out and Brad died. Did she cheat on him in high school when they were apart.She was nothing more then a self serving whore. Does she live in fear of her life ?Hope we hear from you soon .Dagoatmandavid said it cya later!!

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
very entertaining

I'm eagerly expecting more chapters...an excellent start!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN ALL THAT RAIN FALLS---AFTER SUNNY TIMES

make plans and be prepared for the deluge. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Fine Opener

Good story line and full of interesting detail.

Wow! Over half the comments come from a nony mouse and still no trolling.

Perhaps because you put it in Romance rather than LW where people foam at their mouths.

seekerazseekerazover 9 years ago
A real strong start...

I was sucked into the story from the very first. The protagonist is a sympathetic character as is his buddy Jim. Nicely written.

I'm looking forward to the next installments with some trepidation. Fearing that somehow Erica will get her hooks in him and betray him again. Then a story of hope becomes nothing more than another Lusting Wives piece.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Excellent first chapters

I didn't see the shotgun thing with the perp coming - that was a real twist in the story. Great that he was able to hire Jim when he got out. Like our protagonist, I don't want to know what happened to the bitch (although my bet is that either he or the perp knocked her up and she has a kid).

Frankcheng123Frankcheng123over 9 years ago
Waiting for the next chapter....

Good start. Makes me look forward to see what happens to Erica as well as Frannie...

ramonbrookramonbrookover 9 years ago
Love the story

And hope the next installment doesn't take too long because I'm on the edge of my seat!

Kind of of a weird and abrubt ending, but 5* none the less!

Storm113Storm113over 9 years ago
5* Really Enjoyed It

please hurry with the next installments!! One thing though, this installment is definately not Romance! Liked it anyway!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
a bit dark and depressing

but an interesting beginning. So many obstacles have been put in front of him, yet he seems almost charmed during the just out of prison and starting back into society phase.

Help me understand just how he is financing all this start-up. We are told he begins with $5,000, buys a Ford Ranger, rents a two bedroom apartment, leases a business location, acquires parts and software. The pick up would not be cheap, both the apartment and shop would require first and last month rents and deposits. Most utilities require a deposit to start service, and he would be dealing with both residential and commercial rates. He is paying wages for three employees. He would also have to eat. But still has money left over.

Not bad for a guy with no job, no credit history, and a murder conviction.

One more question, why, if he served the full term, is he on parole?

gemman1gemman1over 9 years ago
Great start to the story.

Great start to the story, I can't wait for the rest.. Keep writing, you are a good story teller, just don't be in a hurry to finish. Keep fleshing out the details, that is what makes reading this so enjoyable.

JounarJounarover 9 years ago

A cracking start but some things just don't add up. As others have mentioned, how can he be on parole after serving his full sentence? Where is the money coming from for setting up the business?

Looking forward to chapter 2 but please no getting back with Erica or her having his kid bullshit.

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 9 years ago
A little disappointed

Really good writing. Great story, but I would like to have seen a little more caring for the man he killed. Sure he cheated with his girlfriend, but that isn't a death sentence, unless you are a radical muslim. The kids parents were destroyed also, and yet this guy acts like oh well it sucks to be them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
OK I GIVE UP

YOU JUST STOPPED THE STORY WHEN IT WAS GETTING GOOD.

DO YOU HAVE A SEQUEL IF SO WHAT IS IT CALLED.

RON TEXAS

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great plot twist.

I hope the sequels do not reward Erica in any way! Our protagonist should find someone better than Erica...let her rot in hell--does not deserve not love...not only cheating but 7 years were lost...I don't see how that injury could ever heal.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Start****

Very interesting story line and a very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing looking forward to Pt. 02.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
chp 2 page 3

gremlins ate page 3 of chapter 2. can u repost please. tkx

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
chp 2 page 3

this page is missing please reup

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
put this after birth tale

in the wimp writers auto-bio category

1/2 of pg1 1 iis all I can stomach without puking.

this is then ultimate in a wimp for a man author on the earth.

stick ur head in ur ass and suffocate and don't drivel write any more.

1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story!

Your part 2 is good too, but the last page (3) doesn't load?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoying it

very well written. Five stars.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
good work

A bit rough in parts but overall a very enjoyable read. I sincerely hope the followup chapters are as good; so many writers start well but gradually their standards begin to slip as they continue the tale.

Boy, some commentators ( Anon of course, they don't seem to have the courage of their convictions to have a proper login name ) must have read this story through opaque glasses, this certainly didn't deserve the vitriol 1 person heaped on you. Just sick minds.

5 *****

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE MISSING LINK

is in all equations. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
so far good story

A gut wrenching story finding the love of your life in bed with another than killing him. It seems Erica gave up on Evan. 5 stars. I have read it before . In my favorites

RON TEXAS cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow. Spot on.....

...the depression and spiral to suicide justification. Succinct but well done.

Excellent bit of writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Horrible story

This is literature asshole, your story sucks

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

Very good

Even though I skimmed some paragraphs yet I did enjoyed it

Thanks Wasted_Raven.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So he killed a college aged kid for sleeping with his GIRLFRIEND? Anything after that he's the antagonist. What kind of simp needs to commit murder to handle his hurt feelings?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Honest. I haven't peeked ahead but I certainly hope the author doesn't drag Erica back into the story in part two. It looks like there are hints being thrown that way.. What about Fran? Just a throwaway character or a happy ever after ending? Hope Hallmark stays out of the ending. 4 so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your "protagonist" is a school shooter? This is deranged.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

I sort of like it but you have spent a lot of time talking about nothing, I am looking forward for some substance to it from now on

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWasted_Raven@Wasted_Raven
173 Followers
I'm Canadian and retired. I write for my own pleasure. If others find the stories enjoyable, that's good. If not, so be it.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES