All Comments on 'I Am Not What You Think I Am'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
That was real nice...

Will there be a sequel to this? It stands alone

as such, but I liked these two characters and

would not mind reading more of their adventures.

T'was also nice to read about Montréal, my home town.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
RCMP

Just a little hint: the streets of Montreal are patrolled by the Montreal Police. There is no visible presence of the RCMP out on patrol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wonderful read

yes this story does stand alone

but I also agree this story could continue

thank you

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

After all the mess Professor Lawrence caused why was she still getting paid by the university? I understand the Dean felt some responsibility for her but she commited a crime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
excellent

simply superb

James UK

john1946john1946over 9 years ago
Wonderful

You have certainly done it again with a wonderful story. Interesting subject, great characters and as always precise writing. Well told...Thank you

northlandernorthlanderover 9 years ago
Yes, another home run

Thanks for another great story, about two really likeable people. Kudos for knowing that the RCMP working uniform is not the red serge, and while I agree that the RCMP don't patrol the streets of Montreal, they definitely work there, as they do in all major Canadian cities. As far as the prof still being paid, the reason is Tenure. to get rid of a teacher who has tenure is almost impossible, as I found when I complained about a teacher my son had in High School who took a dislike to him, and marked all his work accordingly. The teacher in question had to take regular mental health breaks, and was known to climb up on her desk, and bark like a dog, yet they could not get rid of her.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
a fun read

and just a bit over the top. If anything, the many references to his reputation soon became repetitious, redundant and over done. I very much enjoyed the number of times the "local" idioms reflected roots in the Commonwealth rather than Texas.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

That's a good story. I enjoyed it very much. A nice ending to boot, moi Cherie. LOL! Most of your work is appreciated. Cheers!

tabbymidnitetabbymidniteover 9 years ago
highly enjoyed the whole story over all

Great read. well detail. You have a wonderful way tell a great story. Lots of drama fun, good sex. Great characters that you can believe. just a happy romantic read with an interesting stalker, nut job teacher.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it

I have nothing to add to the other comments so all I can say is with 5 stars.

Thank you again.

Storm113Storm113over 9 years ago
funny

i liked the story and gave it a 5. but, if you had not claimed it was in the us i would never have considered it to be there. the only thing that made me think it was the us was the term quarterback. up until then i figured soccer. lol. sorry this character just did not fit. not even as a lit major. still liked the story though.

dapidapiover 9 years ago
Good story

I like the fact that you got him out of that corrupt 3rd World Country and someplace properly civilized-even if it is Quebec and not tax exempt Alberta. And FYI McGill is a very good university, much better, scholastically speaking, than Harvard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

The main Character should have been named Mary Sue instead of Kris. This story is a one dimensional mess that is far too self-congratulatory to be enjoyable. I get the feeling that the author is nearly as self-involved as his characters. 2/10 would not read again

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Strange but interesting story

In terms of plot, this story is intriguing. Interesting to have a female professor villain. Interesting premise. Something is off, though, in terms of character development and voice - it is almost like the protagonist is a robot. I think the problem is the dialogue - it is too stilted somehow. That said, still an interesting read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dialect?

The only issue that I personally have with the story is that you have an American young man speaking in an Aussie dialect.I don't know if others have noticed that or not. I know most times you are speaking from an Aussies stand point and the speach reflects that and before in stories that were from an American's you used the American dialect but this time you missed doing that.Just something to look for in the future. I am constantly looking for your new stories and like most of them regardless of what others may say about them,even those that others have hated I have liked ,which goes to show that you can't please everyone so write to please yourself and I think that most you follow your stories will like them too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One of your Best

An excellent story, well-told and compact, with a beginning, a middle and an end.

The verbal stuff went very well, and the logic inescapable.

Thank You

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent story!

Actually, not really very sexy at all, but just a nice story. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Do more.

wargameronewargameroneover 9 years ago
Very good story.

A very well written story. Loved the change of pace with a female protagonist. Don't really see this often. It was well paced and to a degree in step with some of the stereotypes we have become accustomed to seeing. Open ended so that we might see these characters again later in their lives.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Nice Work CM

To ask an Aussie to write with absolute precision about the US school system is asking too much. Read it in the context of the idea of very good students trying to avoid "nerding" by their colleagues. Giving equal time to a female stalker is interesting, though I would expect her to be far more subtle.

CM, I am curious. Do Australian Universities have scholarships for athletes? Where I live they have never heard of giving this emphasis to athletics. I wonder if athletic scholarships exist in Western Europe. My personal experience would suggest that an athlete would not be permitted,normally to stay on athletic support and carry a heavy major. Thank you CM

ttom76ttom76over 9 years ago
No

I look forward to reading your stories, they seldom disappoint. This one did.

Frankly, it was way over the top. There were way too many bizarre plot twists to be believable. I finally stopped with the insane TV interview.

The whole school seemed more like a throwback to the 1920s than a modern institution.

Thanks anyway, I will try your future writings

ttom

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thanks!

As an Aussie I second what Bruce22 said.

The level of detail and research into your writing is fantastic.

Love your work!

C

flodnarflodnarover 9 years ago
Great read

A work of fiction well written with a great del of understanding of the human psyche. I

would take any choice over Harvard as it is he hotbed of liberalism and not a training mecca. Remember the US POtuS is a "graduate" of Harvard.

I have read many of the stories that Cman has written and well continue to finish his current lot.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 9 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable story

I did enjoy this story, very tongue in cheek and completely different to the usually jock at college fare. Well done!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
AND THEY STILL SAY

Jocks are dumb and uncaring. TK U MLJ LV NV p/s can the mold stay broken. mlj

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Not typical of you at all

Quite the departure - we lived through years in the story and months of them being near eah other before they even meet - then a month to fall in live -

And then the whole sequence is so well played out - - somewhat predictable but well executed and the interest was held until the end.

Somewhere down the line one of them will have to decide on nationality issues but whatever -

LustKnightLustKnightabout 9 years ago
Couldn't finish...

...the dialogue was very clunky and unnatural to read. The long spiel on Tess of the D'Urbervilles was... distracting, and the story had issues getting to the point that weren't helped by the clumsy eriting. Disappointing.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
not sure why...

.,,,but I do like this story. I think it pushed my sympathy buttons Belaboring the character of Kris with extremely unfortunate circumstances. Cromagnon envisioned his protagonist to actually be a decent character.

It amuses me how many readers to this site are so terrified of intellectual exercise.

Perpetual adolescents unable to comprehend adult conversations and mature relationships.

And finally the racist commentator. So much in hate with POTUS Obama's pigmentation. So incapable of realizing their own hypocrisy.

That the corruption and incompetency of a half-century of Cheney/Bush league plutocracy, resulted in the collapse of the American and the Global economies.

All those White Anglo-Saxon Predator caste bunglers. With truckloads of degrees and awards and corporate bonuses, who were directly responsible for the last three recessions, each worst than the last.

And in the end, in the history books they will all be swept away with deserved contempt by the future.

As with his two predecessors, TR & FD Roosevelt, Barrack Obama will get the credit for saving the corporate morons of Capitalism from their own degeneracy.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 8 years ago
Well, it was different and a joy to read.

Not your usual college story with two nice students who both had good families. Thank you for writing.

SampkyangSampkyangalmost 8 years ago
???

in the end I decided this was a very silly story, not my usual opinion of this fine writer...

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
Second time reading this story

I again found it to be a fun and entertaining tale. It is just overall rather detached from reality.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 7 years ago

this was a pleasure to read

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgerover 6 years ago
the beauty of a 5 page story

ls that by the middle of the 2nd page you are self editing, you skip entire paragraphs that are laborious descriptions of that which you already know. Treat your readers better, they know what is going on. Those that are looking for a quickie have taken their lotion and moved on to greener pastures filled with DDD breasts and 12" cocks.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 4 years ago

I give this story an A for English and an F for Cliches.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A prolific writer with amazing skill, produced one of those stories you wish was novel length because it is so good.

I highly recommend it.

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
1281 Followers
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

SIMILAR Stories