The Best Erotic Stories.

My Secret Love Ch. 2
by Deann Laws
©

This story was split into 2 parts. Jump to any of the segments from here:
1|2
Note: This story was originally submitted as one long story
and it was only broken into 2 parts for faster page loading.


Warning: This does contain material involving same sex relations, if you are offended by this in any way then don't read it. This is only for fun, and not meant for anything else.

"Dental department, how can I help you?" the secretary answered.

"Hi, I'm calling from St. Joseph's hospital. A student of yours has been in a serious accident and has been brought into St. Joseph's. We need any information that you may have so we can contact her family." The nurse stated.

"Let me put Lauri on, she runs the department here. She may be able to help you. One moment." the secretary said.

The secretary relayed the information to Lauri. Lauri answered the phone.

"Hello, this is Lauri Richmond speaking, how can I help you?"

"Hi Lauri, do you have any family information on a student named Samantha Pearson? She was brought in not long ago and we need to let her family know of her condition." Lauri took a sharp intake of breath and asked the nurse Samantha's condition and what had happened.

The nurse stated. "Well she was in a serious car accident and is undergoing surgery now. The seriousness of her condition is really unknown right now, but we need to get a hold of her family."

Lauri held back her tears and was numb as she fumbled through Samantha's file.

"Let me check in her file, it says she has an older brother here." Lauri paused for a few minutes as she read on. She cleared her throat before talking. "It seems that her brother is her only living family member. It says he's in the Navy out of the Country but she did list a phone number here of his in case of an emergency. His name is John Pearson." Lauri continued to give the nurse the information and number. "Thanks, Lauri, we'll try giving him a call now." The nurse hung up, and Lauri stood there dumbfounded for a few moments.

"Oh Samantha what did you do? Is this my fault?" Lauri pondered. Lauri signed deeply feeling guilty that maybe in some way this was her fault. Her nerves were shattered. She never knew too much about Samantha's personal life, nor that her brother was the only one in her family left alive which only added more fuel to Lauri's guilt. Heck she never even knew that Samantha had a brother. "What if they can't reach him. I need to get to the hospital and find out what's going on," Lauri thought to herself while still standing there with the receiver in her hand. Her hands shaking in shock, or was it something more, but she felt she needed to be at the hospital for Samantha.

"Is everything all right?" the secretary said as she took the phone from Lauri's hand.

Lauri straightened herself up, she didn't want to lose it right there in front of everyone. "Kathy, I'm taking the rest of the afternoon off. Let Joan and the others know. Samantha Pearson was the one in the car accident the nurse was talking about. I want to head on over to the hospital and find out more about her condition. I'll let you guys know about her condition when I can."

"Sure Lauri, I'll let Joan and the others know. We'll keep Samantha in our prayers. I hope it's nothing too serious."

"Thanks, Kathy. I hope it's nothing too serious either."

Lauri felt that even as she said those words she knew that it was. Lauri walked out of the clinic, grabbed her things, and barely made it to her car before she felt herself break down and cry. "Please be okay Samantha," Lauri said under her breath as she drove away out of the clinic's parking lot.

Lauri drove into the hospital's lot and parked her car. She wiped her eyes before leaving her car. She straightened her clothes and herself and then she walked uneasily to the administration area of the hospital. "Okay Lauri get yourself together here." She took a deep breath and walked through the doors. Lauri walked up to the desk. "Hi I enquiring about a patient that was brought in not long ago, can you tell me any information on her condition?"

"Who are you asking for?" the nurse at the receptions counter asked.

"Her name is Samantha Pearson, she's a student of mine at the clinic here at the college."

"Oh yes, Samantha. We're still trying to locate her brother. I think I talked with you on the phone. Are you Lauri Richmond from the dental clinic?"

"Yes, I am. Do you know any more information on her condition?"

"Well they just brought her out of surgery a few minutes ago and she's been brought upstairs to the intensive ward. As far as her condition you would have to ask the doctor who operated on her. All I know is that she was brought in with some serious injuries, and it will take alot of prayers for her to come out of this one. We're all surprised that she even survived the surgery. Why don't you talk to doctor Sou, he'll be out soon. I'll let him know that you are inquiring about her. Since we haven't located her brother yet I don't think the doctor will mind her having some support here, but just wait a few minutes and I'll let the doctor know your here."

"Thanks," Lauri said as she walked over to the waiting area and took a seat. She couldn't stand this waiting and her nerves were all shot. She couldn't stop thinking of Samantha and how she had affected her life so dramatically the past year, and then how the past few days had come about. How they kissed yesterday, and then her telling Samantha basically to get out of her life and leave her alone like nothing had even happened.

Lauri did feel something for her, but that day she was scared and ran from those feelings, and the only way she knew was to push Samantha away, and now Lauri wondered what she had done. "Oh Samantha, did I do this to you?" Lauri was in horror of it all. "Please, Samantha," Lauri prayed silently, "Please, hang in there, and fight."

Just then Lauri was interrupted by the nurse calling her to the desk. "Mrs. Richmond," the nurse said, " doctor Sou is here to talk to you."

Lauri approached doctor Sou and asked him how Samantha was.

"Well Mrs. Richmond we've done all we can for her, it's basically up to her and the Lord. She had some internal bleeding and some of her organs had been damaged in the accident. We were able to prepare as much as we could. She lost alot of blood so we had to give her a few tranfusions. Her ribs were broken, and she has a broken leg. Internally it was a mess though I wish I didn't have to say that but we were able to do as much as we could. Her spleen had been crushed, among other organs, so Mrs. Richmond it's amazing she even survived the surgery let alone even the crash. It's going to be touch and go for the next 24-48 hours. All we can do right now is hope and pray that she has the strength to pull through this. That is why it was pertinent we try and get ahold of any family for her. We really don't expect too much right now, just your prayers is all we can do."

The tears were flowing down Lauri's face as she heard all of this. Her voice crackled as she asked the doctor if she could see her.

"At this point I don't think it would hurt any." the doctor said. "I think she needs all the support and prayers she can get. Mrs. Richmond, I must warn you, she's hooked up to alot of machines, as well as a ventilator. She hasn't woke yet from the accident. I just want to prepare you before you go in." the doctor said as he walked away. The doctor turned back towards Lauri. "Oh yes, one more thing, even if she does make it through this Mrs. Richmond, she will need help to recover at home. I hope she can find someone or her brother to take care of her."

The doctor walked up to the receptionist. "Nurse, let Mrs. Richmond come and go as she pleases to see Samantha Pearson. And let me know when we contact her brother?"

"No, problem, doctor." the nurse said. "Mrs. Richmond, here's a visitor's pass for you to go into the intensive ward." the nurse handed Lauri the badge.

"Thank you so much," Lauri said as reached for the pass.

Lauri felt faint as she walked slowly down the corridor to Samantha's room. Her whole body trembled with dread, fear, and what she would find in that room. She couldn't believe how the day's events had taken place. One minute her and Samantha were arguing, and now here she finds herself in this hospital her nerves all shot, with all these feelings she's facing for this woman, and now having to face Samantha and feeling this guilt that somehow she was to blame for Samantha's accident. Lauri approached the door to the extensive ward and pushed the door open. She showed the nurse her pass and the nurse directed her to the room where Samantha was.

Lauri hesistated before opening the door to Samantha's room. She tried to gather her strength before entering, but she felt the tears welling up inside of her. She walked through the door and saw Samantha lying there on the bed unconscious. Machines were everywhere. Ivy's all hooked up over her body. Lauri slowly approached the bed. She could here the monitors monitoring Samantha's heart beat and breathing.

Samantha's face was all swollen with cuts and bruises. Bandages covered most of her cuts but still they were evident. Lauri felt her tears roll down her face as she gently stroked Samantha's cheek. Lauri tried to hold back her tears but soon she was sobbing into the side of the bed as she held Samantha's hand. For the longest time Lauri sat there holding Samantha's hand. It was approaching midnight but she still couldn't find the energy to leave Samantha's side. She had to be there for her when she woke up...if she woke up that is.

The nurses and doctors would come in every hour or so checking on her, still finding Lauri there at the side of the bed holding Samantha's hand. The tears would come and go as the night wore on. Lauri continued stroking Samantha's hand, talking to her, praying silently for her recovery all through the night. Lauri desperately tried to stay awake but soon sleep over took her.

The sunlight from early morning shone through the window. Lauri awoke finding herself still resting on Samantha's bed holding her hand. Doctor Sou walked in. "Good morning, Mrs. Richmond. I see you were here all night. Why don't you go home and get some rest, if there are any changes we can give you a call. I'm glad Samantha has a good friend like you here for her. It's good news that she made it through the night, it gives us more hope that her chances of recovery are higher. Anyway, you get some rest and we'll give you a call if anything changes." the doctor said as he patted Lauri on her back.

"I'd rather stay here Dr. Sou, but your right I do need a few hours sleep and a shower. I'll be back in a few hours. Please call me if something changes?" Lauri said as she gathered her things and slowly looked back at Samantha.

"We will do that, Mrs. Richmond." the doctor said as he turned and examined Samantha.

Lauri turned and hesistantly walked out looking back at Samantha. "I'll be back soon Samantha," Lauri said under her breath. She was afraid of leaving Samantha,but she needed to freshen up a little as well and call the school and let them know that she wouldn't be in. And then head back to the hospital as soon as she could. She didn't want to be away from Samantha any longer than she had to be. So Lauri rushed out of there to get her things done.

(next)

This story was split into 2 parts. Jump to any of the segments from here:
1|2
Note: This story was originally submitted as one long story
and it was only broken into 2 parts for faster page loading.

Another top quality story by Deann Laws.

Home | Story Index | Contact Us | Other Sites

All contents © Copyright 1999 by literotica.com.
No part may be reproduced in any form without explicit written permission.