How do I become a Volunteer Editor?

Literotica Editors are volunteers who offer their time to help improve the writing quality in the Literotica community. Being a volunteer editor can be fun, rewarding, and sometimes challenging!

If you’re interested in becoming a Literotica Volunteer Editor, it’s as simple as filling out your Literotica Volunteer Editor Profile and flipping the switch that says “Turn Editor Profile” to “On” (don’t forget to click “Save Changes”). As simple as that is, the actual process of matching up with authors and working together may be a little more complicated, so please read on.

Do you want to help writers improve their upcoming stories - as a beta reader, structural/grammar editor, fact checker, or just making sure the work reads well? Fill out and turn “On” your “Editor Profile”, letting Lit writers know what sort of stories you’e willing to edit and what sort of editing you would like to do (i.e. beta reading, grammar and structural editing, continuity, etc.). Once approved, your name will be added to the Editors List. Authors will contact you via an email form describing what they need and when they need the editing completed, to which you reply to either accept or (politely) decline the project.

If you accept, the writer sends the work to you via email in the format you specify on your Editor’s Profile (.txt, .doc, etc.). After reading and editing the story, you send it back within the agreed upon time frame. The author then submits the story to Literotica. If you wish to be credited as an editor when the story is published on Literotica, please let the author know this before they submit the story to the site. Some editors prefer to remain anonymous, and that is fine as well.

Please try to respond to editing requests within seven days, even if to say that you are too busy at that time to take the project. If at any time you are unable to take on new editing projects or need a break for any reason, please take a moment to turn off your Editing Profile. We’re grateful for any time you donate to helping the writers, and understand that schedules can get busy.

Before you sign on as an editor, please read our Content Guidelines and Submission Guidelines so that you’re familiar with Literotica’s content and formatting standards. Also, feel free to skim our Writer’s Resources - as you may want to direct your author(s) to how-to essays to give them help in specific areas.

Volunteer Editors must be Literotica Members. If you aren’t already a member, Signup Now to get started.

Once you have an account, you can easily create your Editor Profile. From the same page, you can turn your Editor Profile on an off, and update it, as needed.

If you need any help with the Editor Program, or you have suggestions to improve it, please visit the Literotica Editor Support Forum.