Chain Stories: 2005 Directory

Lauren Hynde

Hitched
Just a little survivorphile public service! Here's a directory of links to what I gather are currently active Chain Stories' threads. Also included is a link to the Chain Story F.A.Q. if you have an idea for you own chain story.

How To Start A Chain Story

Active Chains:

Bare Bottom Resorts
It's Just Sex
Lord of the Rings
Magic In America
Superstitions
University of Life
Whispers in the Dark
The Worst Chain Story Ever

Possible Future Chains:

Corner of 9th and Main - started by PoliteSuccubus
Greek Myths - just started by simply_cyn
Possible Chain - just started by Colleen Thomas

Inactive but still open-ended Chains:

Blossoming Rose - last chapter posted on 06/21/04

If you know of any other chains that are active or are about to start, give me a PM or post here and I'll link in this post.

If you have a chain idea that you think other survivors might be interested in, please start a thread in the Author's Hangout and then post a link here.

One final note: Snippetsville Group's chain stories are ineligible for the Survivor Contest. Participation is fun, but since you cannot post your chain under your own name, you cannot use these stories for points.

Last edited:
I just put up one, my first ever, but I wanted to make something simple and not to complicated for folks to figure out so:

CHAIN STARTER: Corner of 9th and Main

Simple concept:

Hookers, Johns, Pimps, and assorted Nightlife in the heart of a cold, cold city (unspeified).

Setting:

A street corner with a fleabag motel (The Moore) with room by the hour rates, 24-Hour ToGo Mart, and Andy's Diner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Cloudy and Polite. I added links to the two chains to the first post of this thread. :)

Magic In America

Since this is a chain and we want to get as many people involved as we can- including illustrators who don't write, we have some illustrators who are willing to illustrat other's work. For survivor, I know tht stories included in the illustrated category must contain only your own illustration. Since this is a callaborative work, and 'chain story' category rather than illustrated, will chain stories illustrated by someone other than the author be allowed for the chain story category in Survivor? (note: please say yes)

Yes. :D

If the story ends up in the Chain Stories section under your name, it doesn't matter who illustrated it.

Hey Lauren. Just wanted to let you know that the chain story being run by MissLusty (or me when she's having computer trouble) has a title now. It's "Whispers in the Dark"

The chain doesn't currently have a title, but the first two chapters are written and being polished. The third is in process. The fourth is a sparkling idea. Will submit at least the first two chapters in the next day or so.

Earth Day Chain Story

Edit: Chain story now has a name. "Lustful Leeves"
Chapter 1 was submitted this afternoon by me. Chapter 2 will be submitted this evening by dreampilot79. Chapter 3 written by dndjsp. :nana:

Looking for more authors. Have a request in for a fourth writer, looking for others as well.

Last edited:
The "It's Just Sex" chain is pretty much closed. From what I understand, the way the last chapter is being written makes it so the story can't be continued.

Lauren Hynde said:
It appears that there is a new Chain Story being started, for all of you out there trying to find a new one: Bare Bottom Resorts

Yes, and it is geting off to a great start, feel free to join in the possabilities are endless! Pm lusciousBiWrite4U or my self and or post on this thread...
here's the link ...

Bare Bottom Resorts

thanks Lauren~

Lauren Hynde said:
It appears that there is a new Chain Story being started, for all of you out there trying to find a new one: Bare Bottom Resorts

Sorry Lauren...should have PMed you! LOL ... Since i wanted to start a chain but am so new to how things work at Literotica I had Art do all the hard stuff! LOL ;)
we have 9 chapters spoken for at the moment....so anyone else wants to join in PM me or My Erotic Tale (Art) ....
it's going to be a great chain ... we have myself, My Erotic tale, cloudy, Black Tulip, Goldeniangel, santin n lace and Sophia Jayne signed on so far! A lot of talented authors getting involved in this one... the story line is a very fun one!
thanx all,
LuciousBi :kiss:

Lauren Hynde said:
Lindiana is trying to start a new chain, for anyone interested: University of Life.

Check it out.

LAST CALL FOR AUTHORS! SUBMITTING SCHEDULE TOMORROW, 5/11, AND ALL INTERESTED AUTHORS MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE SCHEDULE! IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO JUMP IN, JUST POST ON THE THREAD, LINKED ABOVE!

Thanks, Lauren!

We have five authors, including myself, and aim to launch May 15th. Please check out my thread on it. We can use a couple more writers. Even if you are already in a chain, we can use you. Post on the thread if interested.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Colleen Thomas had an idea for a chain story - and started a thread about it only one hour ago. Check it out and see if you're interested in participating!

Lauren, the person who was supposed to have written chapter 10 of It's Just Sex never submitted her story (and I haven't seen her around much at all.)

If anyone wants to add to the chain, feel free. :) (and of course, you can add it back to the active chain list if you wish.)

Lauren Hynde said:
Cool! :D

So, for those of you looking for a chain to enter:

- Sexxy Vixen's It's Just Sex is open for one last(?) chapter;

- Colleen Thomas is trying to get something new going as well, here;

- and there may still be some life left on the Corner of 9th and Main chain. Check it out. :)

As long as whoever adds a chapter to It's Just Sex doesn't do anything to make it sound like the agency is closing, then anyone that wants can add one. :)

Adding a chapter to It's Just Sex

I'm still looking for a chain story to join and would like to add a chapter to It's Just Sex, if it's still open. What chapter number will it be and what is the time frame that I'm working with?

Oh, and I promise not to close the agency. :)

If you want to check my writing style first...my stories are at Missteez

Thanks

Sexxy Vixen said:
As long as whoever adds a chapter to It's Just Sex doesn't do anything to make it sound like the agency is closing, then anyone that wants can add one. :)

missteez said:
I'm still looking for a chain story to join and would like to add a chapter to It's Just Sex, if it's still open. What chapter number will it be and what is the time frame that I'm working with?

Oh, and I promise not to close the agency. :)

If you want to check my writing style first...my stories are at Missteez

Thanks

It's Chapter 10. Really not a schedule since it's been a bit ago that the last one was done.

Simply_cyn had an idea for a chain story based on Greek Myths, and seems like an interesting one. Check out the thread on the Author's Hangout and see for yourself-

Okay, I'll do chapter 10 and post within the next week.

Thanks again.

Sexxy Vixen said:
It's Chapter 10. Really not a schedule since it's been a bit ago that the last one was done.

Back