Sex and headaches

restlessnights

Beauty Rest
I don't mean the "not tonight, I have a headache" variety.

Does anyone else get headaches and/or blood sugar dips immediately after sex? It's been happening very often lately, whether or not I have an orgasm.

Anyone know why?

I have a feeling BlueSugar would know the answer, but I haven't seen her around in a while.

You know, I hadn't really thought about it til just now, but I have had my hypoglycemia kick in a couple of times after having sex....I've had to get up and get something to eat because I could feel my blood sugar drop. Wonder why that happens?

ultimate_cin said:
You know, I hadn't really thought about it til just now, but I have had my hypoglycemia kick in a couple of times after having sex....I've had to get up and get something to eat because I could feel my blood sugar drop. Wonder why that happens?
I have no idea, but it happens to both my boyfriend and myself.

I've never seen anything written about this topic.

I just saw this via your link in that other thread....

Makes sense to me. Sex=adrenaline release=glycogen mobilisation=low blood sugar. I know a lot of people who get up and eat something right afterwards, especially, in the words of one lovely waif, when she "comes really hard."

Ben and Jerry's immediately afterwards. It's the only way.

Makes sense to me, I mean you are burning calories, and if your blood sugar is low to begin with, this might be enough to trigger a headache.

Though in all honesty, I get mine when I don't have sex! :D

This isn't what you're talking about, but my ex-wife often used to get excruciating headaches after orgasm.
Painful enough to make her cry. She went to various doctors who ran exhaustive tests, without finding any obvious cause.
Anybody else ever heard of this problem?

This is more common than many realize!

Over the summer, while school was out, I was masturbating 4 or 5 times a day. After a few weeks I started to have a stabbing headache just at the point of orgasm (yes-frustrating to say the least! orgasm and feel that pain or stop). My 'net search pointed me towards the chemicals that are released when orgasm is imminent. There was no solution listed. So I regrettably stopped masturbating for almost a week. They stopped and havent returned. Go figure!

To be safe, it might be good to be checked out. Sudden onset of headaches is linked to a lot of health conditions from high blood pressure to embolisms.

On a good note-I am masturbating regularly and orgasming with no sign of headaches.

Good luck!!
:)

Peregrinator said:
I just saw this via your link in that other thread....

Makes sense to me. Sex=adrenaline release=glycogen mobilisation=low blood sugar. I know a lot of people who get up and eat something right afterwards, especially, in the words of one lovely waif, when she "comes really hard."

Ben and Jerry's immediately afterwards. It's the only way.
You're back in my good graces now.

Yesterday I had a huge orgasm and about 5 seconds afterwards a massive, throbbing headache. It went away quickly and then I just needed to eat.

INeedLove said:
This is more common than many realize!

Over the summer, while school was out, I was masturbating 4 or 5 times a day. After a few weeks I started to have a stabbing headache just at the point of orgasm (yes-frustrating to say the least! orgasm and feel that pain or stop). My 'net search pointed me towards the chemicals that are released when orgasm is imminent. There was no solution listed. So I regrettably stopped masturbating for almost a week. They stopped and havent returned. Go figure!

To be safe, it might be good to be checked out. Sudden onset of headaches is linked to a lot of health conditions from high blood pressure to embolisms.

On a good note-I am masturbating regularly and orgasming with no sign of headaches.

Good luck!!
:)
Glad to hear you're back in the saddle, so to speak.

Scepter said:
This isn't what you're talking about, but my ex-wife often used to get excruciating headaches after orgasm.
Painful enough to make her cry. She went to various doctors who ran exhaustive tests, without finding any obvious cause.

This happened to me a couple years ago. Excruciating headaches that would drop me to the floor for about ten minutes after orgasm. All the onformation I could find was blood pressure related. I did one of those 25 cent do-it-yourself blood pressure tests at the drugstore, registering a tad into the high range. Not being the most in shape, I addressed that from diet changes and more exercise. Whether that did the trick or it was coincidental, the headaches went away.

Scepter said:
Yep, there have been a couple of good threads on this. The one that's sticking out in my mind may be called "post-coital headaches" and is possibly in The Blank Manual.

OK here's another wierd thought on this. I recently started having vertigo problems. It only happened when I was in bed and sat up or rolled over. I went to my chiropractor thinking it was probably my neck, but he said nothign was wrong there. I had been under a lot of stress and he suggested that it might be an adrenal problem. Stress can make your adrenal glands shut down, and if you have an adrenal problem, your blood pressure doesn't adjust as quick when you change from a sitting-laying-standing position. He prescribed an adrenal suplement which really worked well. I could easily see this being something similar, where after a huge release your adrenal glands jsut overload, causing your headache.

Just a thought.

SweetErika said:
Yep, there have been a couple of good threads on this. The one that's sticking out in my mind may be called "post-coital headaches" and is possibly in The Blank Manual.
I looked in the blank manual before I posted the thread. I didn't see anything like it.

If I masturbate with a headache, the headache goes away. After I come, thats when my headache comes back and is even worse.

i heard that the endorphines released during sex helped cure a headache..... good excuse too HAVE sex!

I'm hypoglicemic, and I've had this happen many times before. Naturally low blood sugar trigers certian reaction, hunger and headaches are among them. When adrinalin levels raise your sugar will drop, which will cause the headaches. My tips would be to eat something high in protien before sex. Fish is great. Or something right after. My ex and I would sometimes keep a jar of peanut butter by the bed. That got fun sometimes when I needed a quick snack. :cathappy:

Ice cream/sorbet is nice

My ex and I used to keep a thing of sorbet in the freezer and we would eat a couple of spoonfuls each after sex.

It was a nice treat, sometimes we would feed each other for the fun of it.

Kinksville said:
My ex and I used to keep a thing of sorbet in the freezer and we would eat a couple of spoonfuls each after sex.

It was a nice treat, sometimes we would feed each other for the fun of it.

OOooo I like this idea. I'm gonna try that. ;)

headaches from enzyte & sinus problems?

First time I ever experienced headaches was after experimenting with enzyte for 2 weeks. Upon the culmination of a fantastic oral session with my wife, I suffered from a sharp headache right at the base of my skull. These sex related headaches continued for a few days. I stopped taking Enzyte and my headache issues soon passed.

6 months or so later, the piercing pain cropped up again. No enzyte in my system, but I was having sinus problems. I'm certainly no physician, but I figure enzyte and sinus issues affect blood flow and pressure in ones head, so headaches could crop up. I mentioned the bad headaches I recently experienced during sex to my ENT and he simply gave me a blank stare and proceeded with his analysis of my tests. Since sex typically plays such an enormous role in our lives, I wish doctors wouldn't be so squeamish in discussing it. Anyhow, my blood pressure is fine, so my headaches are still a mystery.

So, restlessnessnights, your headaches could simply be sinus pressure related? Not sure, but you're certainly not alone. cheers!

there are millions of plasubable explinations.
1 for both sexes, the high amounts of sexual chemicals released during sex begin wear off. (much like drugs) as the 'rewarding feeling' begins to fade, you have some what of a withdrawl from them, giving you a minor headache... you sex crazed fiend :D

2, generaly for guys, but can be for girls too. after sex the blood that was once in your sexual organs are then sent back to the body. this blood is also laced with sexualy linked chemicals,( testistrone estrogen adrenline what ever.)... the blood+chemical mix added back to the body can slightly incresse blood pressure giving some a headache.

but who knows, few people will go to a docter and say 'i get a head ache after any sexual activites' to try and find out any reason as to why.

oldmanwillow said:
First time I ever experienced headaches was after experimenting with enzyte for 2 weeks. Upon the culmination of a fantastic oral session with my wife, I suffered from a sharp headache right at the base of my skull. These sex related headaches continued for a few days. I stopped taking Enzyte and my headache issues soon passed.

6 months or so later, the piercing pain cropped up again. No enzyte in my system, but I was having sinus problems. I'm certainly no physician, but I figure enzyte and sinus issues affect blood flow and pressure in ones head, so headaches could crop up. I mentioned the bad headaches I recently experienced during sex to my ENT and he simply gave me a blank stare and proceeded with his analysis of my tests. Since sex typically plays such an enormous role in our lives, I wish doctors wouldn't be so squeamish in discussing it. Anyhow, my blood pressure is fine, so my headaches are still a mystery.

So, restlessnessnights, your headaches could simply be sinus pressure related? Not sure, but you're certainly not alone. cheers!
I don't think it's sinus pressure. It doesn't feel like that. And I've never had blood pressure problems. I've pretty much accepted that it's a blood sugar issue.

For me its the otherway around

If I can have sex (masturbation does not help) when I have headache, My headache simply vanishes, I dont have to wait for orgasm,a good blowjob releives my pain however severe it is. I thought since the blood rushes down to the groin area the pressure is off my head and I get relief (at least in this case we men are lucky that our heart cant pump blood to either the head or penis and not to both places at the same time)

i suffer from migraines. my doc says that this sensation is a type of migraine. if they start happening often, his advice was to take headace medicine a half-hour to an hour before sex. works for me! i know how excrutiating these headaches can be. mine come on if i cum too quickly, usually during oral. i was crying for three hours after my ex gave me oral once! wasn't great for the mood...

Back