You can now call me the bionic single Dom

Richard49

The Gentleman Dom
In Dec I was rushed to the Ann Arbor VA hospital
They eventually installed some bionics that they hoped would help with my heart .... it has not

Tonight my SO ended our relationship

Richard49 said:
They eventually installed some bionics that they hoped would help with my heart .... it has not

I am hoping you will feel better soon, and I am so sorry to hear about your SO.

Re: Re: You can now call me the bionic single Dom

Ebonyfire said:
I am hoping you will feel better soon, and I am so sorry to hear about your SO.

Thank you for your care and concern.

The bionics are not helping
when they told me about the posiblites they said
it would only help about 70% of those with my condition

I figured better then shooting craps or flipping a coin

Re: Re: Re: You can now call me the bionic single Dom

Richard49 said:

It was indeed worth a try.

Richard49 said:

Hello, Richard,

Many hugs to you.

You know where my pm box is?

It is there if you want....

:rose:

Richard49 said:

aww! i sorry *huggleses* feel better!

Richard,

most likely all "cheery" words and advise to look at the bright side aren't really what is going to help - so just see that you are not alone (as "un-alone" as a cyber community can make you feel) and that there are a bunch of people caring for and about you!

Unfortunately life doesn't treat us fair or good all the time - and even wworse at others. But unless you are going to give up and despair - and I do not take you the man for that! - then there is only biting your teetha nd keep going like the energizer bunny (maybe not as obnoxiously pink and annoying *winks*)

So from my end a heartfelt "Get well" as much as your condition allows - and keep staying on the positive side of things ... well, you just don't have another choice since us Dommly types aren't surrendering easily, right!

*hug* Hecate

Richard:

I think you once said that you had been among us who 'vacationed' in SE Asia many years ago. All of us who returned and have lived through our memories, regrets, nightmares and questions...are SURVIVORS.

Hang in there, Bro...your best days may just lie ahead.

Hecate said:
Richard,

most likely all "cheery" words and advise to look at the bright side aren't really what is going to help - so just see that you are not alone (as "un-alone" as a cyber community can make you feel) and that there are a bunch of people caring for and about you!

*hug* Hecate

Thank you for not offering cheery words.
I want to scream when people do.

Hecate said:
Richard,

Unfortunately life doesn't treat us fair or good all the time - and even wworse at others. But unless you are going to give up and despair - and I do not take you the man for that! - then there is only biting your teetha nd keep going like the energizer bunny (maybe not as obnoxiously pink and annoying *winks*)

*hug* Hecate

life on lifes terms can be terrible
yet that is reality
reality bites

Hecate said:
Richard,

So from my end a heartfelt "Get well" as much as your condition allows - and keep staying on the positive side of things ... well, you just don't have another choice since us Dommly types aren't surrendering easily, right!

*hug* Hecate

oooops
I think I failed the Dommly test .... again

Re: Richard:

Ricckk said:
I think you once said that you had been among us who 'vacationed' in SE Asia many years ago. All of us who returned and have lived through our memories, regrets, nightmares and questions...are SURVIVORS.

Hang in there, Bro...your best days may just lie ahead.

yup
I "vacationed" there for 13 months
much of what Iam going through physically and relationship wise
is the result of that vaction

and on top of all that "fighting" the VA is like another battle
there sure are not freindly forces

MissTaken said:
Hello, Richard,

Many hugs to you.

You know where my pm box is?

It is there if you want....

:rose:

Yes I know where it is
However I really have nothing much to say

Thank you for the hugs and reminder

Richard, I truly don't know what to say except that I am sorry and I do hope your condition improves. You have proven yourself to be a true gentleman on these boards and for that, you are appreciated.

You are in my thoughts.

Richard49 said:

Sorry the bionics aren't doing what was hoped. I am also sad that your SO is no longer with you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Richard49 said:
Thank you for not offering cheery words.
I want to scream when people do.

That response of yours did hit home with me. I think any of us with a chronic condition get so tired of hearing, the cheerful words, the 'you look so good, I would never have known' ... I would love to throttle them sometimes. :) Especially when heard from the medical profession.

SexyChele said:
Richard, I truly don't know what to say except that I am sorry and I do hope your condition improves. You have proven yourself to be a true gentleman on these boards and for that, you are appreciated.

You are in my thoughts.

Think of me now as the bionic gentleman Dom :)

kayte said:

That response of yours did hit home with me. I think any of us with a chronic condition get so tired of hearing, the cheerful words, the 'you look so good, I would never have known' ... I would love to throttle them sometimes. :) Especially when heard from the medical profession.

Murder is considered uncivilized :D

Richard49 said:
Murder is considered uncivilized :D

Richard ~ Of course it is not considered proper. :) Doesn't mean I haven't wanted to. :D

Re: Re: Richard:

Richard49 said:
yup
I "vacationed" there for 13 months
much of what Iam going through physically and relationship wise
is the result of that vaction

and on top of all that "fighting" the VA is like another battle
there sure are not freindly forces

I am fortunate not to have physical injuries; we all have the emotional ones. Try www.vetslaw.com for legal help or the many links on the site where you may be able to obtain help getting the benefits that you earned.

Re: Re: Re: Re: You can now call me the bionic single Dom

kayte said:
Richard ~ Of course it is not considered proper. :) Doesn't mean I haven't wanted to. :D

Homacide and suicide are common thoughts to me

Re: Re: Re: Richard:

Ricckk said:
I am fortunate not to have physical injuries; we all have the emotional ones. Try www.vetslaw.com for legal help or the many links on the site where you may be able to obtain help getting the benefits that you earned.

No one has ever went to war
that did not leave part of themselves behind

Thanks for the heads up on th lawyer

Re: Re: Re: Re: You can now call me the bionic single Dom

kayte said:

God grant me the sernity to accept the things that I can not change
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to hide the bodies where they will not be found :cool:

Testing the bionics

Maybe I should find a voluntar and test the bionics
by the number of times I swing a flogger per minute :D

It's strange how sometimes lives run parallel. I have been away from the board for a while dealing with similar health and relationship issues. I don't have a heart problem, but I have another health problem that's been in issue lately, so I can relate to you there.

I got a breakup for a Christmas present...Dec. 23 was my happy day, so I also understand your pain there.

I won't offer you cheery words because quite frankly, I have none right now, not even for myself, but I want you to know that no matter how alone you feel right now, you are not. There are others going through the exact same thing right now. No, it doesn't make things better or easier, only time can do that (if it does it all), but know that when we suffer, our problems are very seldom unique to us and there is almost always at least one person that understands and empathizes.

Cirrus said:
It's strange how sometimes lives run parallel. I have been away from the board for a while dealing with similar health and relationship issues. I don't have a heart problem, but I have another health problem that's been in issue lately, so I can relate to you there.

I got a breakup for a Christmas present...Dec. 23 was my happy day, so I also understand your pain there.

I won't offer you cheery words because quite frankly, I have none right now, not even for myself, but I want you to know that no matter how alone you feel right now, you are not. There are others going through the exact same thing right now. No, it doesn't make things better or easier, only time can do that (if it does it all), but know that when we suffer, our problems are very seldom unique to us and there is almost always at least one person that understands and empathizes.

Thank you for sharing

I wish you were not in pain also

The only thing positive I can say about physical and/or emotional pain is that it lets you know you are alive

Back