Northern IL/Southern WI Litogether?

G

I'm still pretty new to the Rockford area, so I'm not sure which cities/towns to include and exclude for the "local area"...but I know Beloit, WI is only about 20 minutes away so I know the state line isn't far. :)

After a brief scan (I'll admit it, my search wasn't very thorough) I didn't see a thread for a Northern IL Litogether, so I figured why not make one?

Now, I'm not talking about a "dirty" Litogether. At least, not quite yet. ;) But, how about something at a restaurant or quiet(er) bar? Some place where people from Lit can come together in person and say HI? I know many other states are doing it. (Or, well, working on it. I'm not sure if they've succeeded or not.) So, why not us now?

C'mon Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin...! Speak your mind! Let your voice be heard! :D

I have NO clue where it would be yet. Majority rules on the location of people who post here. Maybe Aurora will luck out? ;)

Thatd be sweet. Does I-88 go all the way out to Rockford?

How are you ding by the way, BlessedBe

dwd316 said:

Thatd be sweet. Does I-88 go all the way out to Rockford?

I have no idea. I know we took some tollway down to Aurora at Christmas.

How are you doing by the way, BlessedBe

I'm hanging in there. Getting back into the swing of things in the home life and even at Lit. Talking with friends. Working on writing again even. Things are looking up. :)

Chances are it was I-88 you took. How long of a drive was it to Aurora and where in Aurora were you.

Great to see things are looking up for you. Like I might have said before, Im here if u ever wanna talk

dwd316 said:

Chances are it was I-88 you took. How long of a drive was it to Aurora and where in Aurora were you.

You expect me to know where in Aurora I was?!!? :eek: I was in a house, on a residential street. There was a gas station down the street a few blocks. lol

I know it took over an hour to get there, but beyond that I'm not sure. I know my man said we could get into Chicago from Rockford in an hour, hour and a half if there's traffic. So, since Aurora is south of that, I guess it was just a little bit more.

We drove past a McDonald's Oasis if that helps. ;) It wasn't an overpass one, but one set to the (west) side of the interstate like a rest area.

Great to see things are looking up for you. Like I might have said before, Im here if u ever wanna talk

Thank you. :)

I was just curious to see if u were by where I live.

And theres no need to thank me, just being a friend

Well Blessed Im turning in for the night. Great talking with you and my offer to talk will be there for you whenever you want to. I'll try to get back on here in a couple of days so we can see if we can get this thing rolling

BTW, my name is Dennis. Yours? You may have told be before but I forgot it if you did

Litogether

A gathering would be fun - I'm in Crystal Lake, about an hour from Rockford, Beloit, Janesville. I think Aurora might be a bit far, depending on how big an area you include. I did buy a new car last month, so I'm feeling more comfortable on driving farther.

Hello BurbsGuy. :) We almost moved to Crystal Lake. That's where my man was working for a while, in fact. So, he's made the drive several times.

Like I said already, I have no idea where we'd hold the Litogether yet. It depends if any Southern Wisconsin folk wish to come or not. :)

~Lindsay

All I need is the location and the date, and if its possible I will be there

Sounds good to me! Hopefully we have more than us three, though. ;)

hahaha um well...

I'd rather not. Some how I just don't think he'd understand....hehe

;)

P.S.
Great sig. I loved Dazed & Confused! (And Matthew McConaughey for that matter!)

finally!

someone who gets it!!! (my sig) hehe...time to find another one haha :p

so whatcha doin tomorrow? i dont have to work....and am free all day...

mmm

the naughty things that go through my head sometimes.
hehe.

btw, i saw your pic on your author profile here--i would defintely be soooo turned on by you

hmmm

Hey im reallly really close to that 100 post mark...hopefully i can get it today so I can start searching for an av :)

oooooooh starrlet and BlessedBe...sounds like the three of us could have a real good time together

Re: hmmm

starrlet said:
Hey im reallly really close to that 100 post mark...hopefully i can get it today so I can start searching for an av :)

If you want Id love to help you get to 100 posts

Back