Success with Magic Shave!

DuckLover

Literotica Guru
Wow! I've been hearing about Magic for months on the boards as a recommended alternative to blade shaving. I bought some, but left it sitting in the drawer for weeks. Today I pulled it out and tested it on my inner forearm. (Rather be burnt there than on my balls!) The test was fine so I coated my balls and waited nervously for the minimum 5 minutes before rinsing off.

The results so far are great! I have far fewer missed hairs than shaving and slightly less stubble. I haven't experienced any discomfort or burning. I'll let you all know how my gf likes it after tonight... ;)

On a side note, I hadn't noticed anybody mention that it came as a powder in a can. At least around here, that is the only form in which it comes. Add a little water, stir, and apply. I actually found that applying it was the hardest part! I used a spoon, which worked ok, but watch out for drips.

For next time, I plan to apply it a little bit thicker and leave it on for 7 minutes. (Directions give a range of 5-7 minutes.) I figure that should take care of the strays and stubble. I'll also report back on those results.

Thanks for the great suggestion everybody!

<loving my nice smooth balls...>

Somewhat offtopic, but I did find this when trying to find out if its available in the UK. Seems to come in either powder or cream here (with 25% cocoa butter no less, can I resist the coconut gag? mebbe not ;)).

DuckLover said:
Wow! I've been hearing about Magic for months on the boards as a recommended alternative to blade shaving. I bought some, but left it sitting in the drawer for weeks. Today I pulled it out and tested it on my inner forearm. (Rather be burnt there than on my balls!) The test was fine so I coated my balls and waited nervously for the minimum 5 minutes before rinsing off.

The results so far are great! I have far fewer missed hairs than shaving and slightly less stubble. I haven't experienced any discomfort or burning. I'll let you all know how my gf likes it after tonight... ;)

On a side note, I hadn't noticed anybody mention that it came as a powder in a can. At least around here, that is the only form in which it comes. Add a little water, stir, and apply. I actually found that applying it was the hardest part! I used a spoon, which worked ok, but watch out for drips.

For next time, I plan to apply it a little bit thicker and leave it on for 7 minutes. (Directions give a range of 5-7 minutes.) I figure that should take care of the strays and stubble. I'll also report back on those results.

Thanks for the great suggestion everybody!

<loving my nice smooth balls...>

OH SHIT DUCK LOL! I just used that shit myself and I LOVE IT! I went balls out, so to speak and smeared it on the whole works!! Took my Blockbuster card (cuz them fuckers can lick my balls) and took it right off then shaved the strays!!!! Works like .....damn good LOL!!!

gotcha;)

Italian Goddess said:
I'd love to try that, but think I might prefer waxing....

something about the pain associated with waxing
that makes it so very erotic ~

'Nother waxer (waxist?) here, but mostly because I'm very afraid of what Magic would do to my tender mucous membrane in those hard-to-reach areas that definitely need to be hairless. Tender me.

But I'm glad it worked so well for you. Gives me pause for thought, at least.

I just trim but if i do decide to shave I will keep it in mind

i've used it, found it wonderful on my legs but my other areas had to put up with a burning itching sensation for two three days so i quit using it.

there again i get similar problems with arazor which is why in the spring i am going for lazer hair removal

sexylilmissie said:
i've used it, found it wonderful on my legs but my other areas had to put up with a burning itching sensation for two three days so i quit using it.

there again i get similar problems with arazor which is why in the spring i am going for lazer hair removal

Did you try leaving it on for less time? It's possible the irritation came from overexposure. The itching is normal regardless of how you remove the hair, but the burning is not. I hope the laser treatment works well for you!

My gf loved the results of the Magic Shave. She said it was definitely smoother and softer than after shaving. I also loved the fact that it was quicker and easier.

One other warning that I hadn't seen anyone else post-- once the mixture is made, it emits a moderate sulfur smell. (Like rotten eggs.) It's not overpowering, but is noticable. Be sure to turn on the bathroom fan.

that was with the bare minimum time stated. unfortunatly anything less didn't remove the hair.

i still have yet to try the stuff for sensitive skin, i have to find another supplier as the one place i have found it no longer carries it up here

The cream version is much easier to use, rather than mixing the powder.

Make sure you pay attention to all the warnings on the Magic, the one time i experienced some burning, my skin was not completely dry when i applied the Magic.

i have tried both at times, and i have discovered that i would agree-cream is much better than powder. as for the burning, i followed all the directions carefully and completely, but i have a mixed blessing or curse depending on the viewpoint.

my skin is ultra sensitive to the point of almost clitoral sensitivity so anything that brushes against it causes extreme sensation depending on my mood (getting dressed can sometimes be interesting)

unfortunatly we are now talking about the most sensitive area of my body. add something to it that i know will amke me feel better and that superheats it so then it is so sensitive it burns i have tried not thinking about what i am doing but it doesnt work

I suppose my problem is unique and for the most part if people use the directions properly they should expirience no problems using it

okay so where do you get this wonderful stuff at anyways? your local wal-mart..I want some!!I want some!!!:p

I'd like to know where to find it also. I've looked everywhere in my small town. Walmart, Kmart, small beauty shops and no one has ever heard of it.

I just got a container of the powder. I tried a little spot on my inner forearm and upper thigh. The arm cleaned up really smooth in five minutes so I left the thigh patch on for a couple more. I mixed the stuff 1:1 and its a little thin. the thigh patch drained down a little so I have a sperm shaped skin patch on my thigh.

The directions say to wait 24 hours for the test. I'm anxious to clean up my balls for my sweetie. This is an LDR so we haven't been together for a few weeks. I want to surprise her when she slips her hand into my shorts.

She said that she was going to trim herself but I asked if I could do the trimming. She said yes :) This should be a fun week together.

She is very adventerous. I suggested trimming our hair and she did last summer. She liked how I looked and she really liked how it felt for her to have short hair. Having her in my mouth is so nice with short hair. I don't know if I want her to go completely bare. I'm going to clean up my balls and the sides of my penis. I'm going to trim my patch down too.

My digi cam is in for repairs. Bummer, I'd like to have pics for my sweetie :)

Treeview

Did try going completely bare, and must admit I didnt really like it a whole deal and not just because of the extra shaving. No objection to the sensation, its just a bit odd seeing the old chap bald like that and to be honest it creeped me out a bit. (not a huge fan of the ladies going totally bald either tbh).

Where to find Magic

Most places with a full pharmacy are likely to have Magic. Something like Wal-mart or Rite-Aid would be likely possibilities. Look in the hair care section, especially in the ethnic section. (Magic is often marketed to black men for staying bald.)

Magic Shaving Cream is marketed to black men for shaving purposes. You should be able to find it in any large drug store or WalMart in the men's shaving area. However, if you live in a smaller community or one that does not have a presence of African-Americans, the store may not stock it. If not, you can speak to the manager of the drug store, and ask if s/he can order it for you.

Magic Shave comes in both a cream and in a powder. I've heard the original formula has a smell that is horrid, but they have other types where odor is not that bad. The cream, if you can get it, is much easier to use.

Be certain to do a patch test first! Many folks here have tried it only to get burned badly. And do a patch test every time you use it. There are stories from folks here at Lit who used Magic Shave sucessfully quite a number of times, and then were burned badly.

Finally an answer! Thanks so much, both of you. Never thought to look in the mens section, I've been looking in the beauty section. Will go check again. Anything has to be better than daily shaving. :p

VSE said:
Did try going completely bare, and must admit I didnt really like it a whole deal and not just because of the extra shaving. No objection to the sensation, its just a bit odd seeing the old chap bald like that and to be honest it creeped me out a bit. (not a huge fan of the ladies going totally bald either tbh).

Same here. i like my women with a bit of bush.

Last night I used Magic to clean up. The first time I used it on my sack and along my inner thighs. Left it on for about 5 imnutes. Cleaned up nice. Next I added some around the base of my penis and up the shaft a little. That worked good but I got sloppy with the goo and now I have a bald spot just above the shaft. Next time I'll be more careful :)

Next I went back for a second dose underneath. Wrong! Had to clean up quickly becaues the burn started. After washing I put on some baby oil. That calmed things down. This morning it feels a little tender underneath.

I hope that sweetie isn't creeped out by the bald patch. I think she'll get a chuckle and then check things out closer...at least that's what I'm hoping :)

I might bring along a film container of Magic in case she wants to clean up after I get done with trimming her.

Tomorrow night will be fun :)

Treeview

Back