Make it more comfortable after you shave

Another Shy One

Really Experienced
Ok, here's the situation: I shaved for the first time in my life (hehe ..what a strange feeling!) and I feel a little uncomfortable when I move...

I'd like to know what those of you who shave your pubic hair do in order to feel less unconfortable...? (I'd like to have also the opinions of those who exercise and who shave...)

Moreover, I would like to know how the guys shave their testicles as well. I tried to use shaving cream and a razor. But, not only it didn't seem to be efficient, but it seemed also dangerous... :eek:

:)

Thank you

You'll find that a bit of Aloe Vera gel will help keep the rashing cool, and the skin not so sensetive.

You might want to try a little talcum powder too.

If you wear briefs, switch to boxers. Briefs will only cause you undue hell.

And, finally:

You have my sympathies.
Shaving for the first time down below is the biggest son-of-a-bitch when stubble reforms.

Itch city.

Moreover, I would like to know how the guys shave their testicles as well.

VERY carefully, with a brand new razor. Smooth the skin when you shave. Actually I find the area above the biggest pain from a comfort point of view, ball hair for want of a better description is a lot softer so its easier to shave and doesnt seem to razor rash. First couple of times are a nightmare itch wise.

From starting, each sucessive shave becomes easier imo, you tend to pick up the stragglers that you inevitably missed first time around and the itching doesnt become a problem.

Immediately post shave I find a moisturising soap of some description helps.

Don't forget to trim it down nice and short too.
For the love of GOD, don't forget to trim.

*eye twitch*

VSE suggests a moisturiser soap, which I agree with.
But for some people soap, of any sorts, can be too harsh on softer skin.
Simple shaving gel conditioned for sensetive skin is perfect for shaving anywhere. Though if you're unsure, you can always invest in gel that is specifically made for shaving your pubic region.

Might want to invest in a Gillette Mach-3.
Rubber trim and moisturising strip work wonders, as do the three blades.

Simply taking the same steps as you would shaving your face are necessary - Pull the skin if shaving becomes delicate (by the base of the phallic shaft), and shave away - Easy.

Also, shaving after a nice, hot shower helps greatly in softening hair and sterilising the area..

A little product called Bump Stopper

It is found usually in the same isle as the magic products as it is another thing developed for black males, but when i use it imeadiatly after shaving, and again first thing in the morning for the next couple days, i get little to no itch.

As for the shaving itself, soak for a while first, to soften the hairs, a brand new razor everytime (big stress on that one) choose a time you arent going to have any one walk into the bathroom and catch you with one leg up by your ear somewhere :D

Work in small sections, trying to pull the skin as flat as possiblefold it around your finger if you need to to draw it taught and Take Your Time!!

Vaseline after shaving also helps, it is very good for sensitive and dehydrated skin.

Make sure you go with the grain (but you knew that :) at least for the first pass.

The Mach3 is a good razor though expensive, I believe they have disposable ones now.

Not a lot of difference between the Mach 3 turbo and the turbo excel except for pice in my experience.

mystic_Arrival said:
A little product called Bump Stopper

It is found usually in the same isle as the magic products as it is another thing developed for black males, but when i use it imeadiatly after shaving, and again first thing in the morning for the next couple days, i get little to no itch.

As for the shaving itself, soak for a while first, to soften the hairs, a brand new razor everytime (big stress on that one) choose a time you arent going to have any one walk into the bathroom and catch you with one leg up by your ear somewhere :D

Work in small sections, trying to pull the skin as flat as possiblefold it around your finger if you need to to draw it taught and Take Your Time!!

I agree. I have used Bikini Zone too but nothing worked as well as Bump Stopper. There are also special razors in the black hbc sections that work really well but I can't always find them.

The first time I went in to clear the woods I used scissors, electric beard trimmer and then a blade. Scary to go in there with a blade. My sweetie loved the feel and look of the clear cut. In a few days, the scrub started to grow back and was itchy. Wooo...I was going to have to reconsider the pleasure/pain ratio.

After reading about Magic for hair removal I gave it a shot a few weeks ago. Much easier on my mind to use the paste instead of a blade. Magic got rid of the stubble, allowed me to get areas that I couldn't see very well and best of all, now, after three weeks the stubble is coming back but no itch.

I'll be seeing my sweetie again, LDR going on, so I'm going to Magic a couple of days before for her.

Treeview

I have always used baby powder after. Plus, doing it on a regular basis seems to help as well...

I got no itch the first time I shaved. Nor now, the second time. My secret? Moisturizer - lot's of it! First, before you shave, for a long time. Then: Hot bath! Then lots' of foam, and shave WITH the hairs first, and only THEN against. Cold water to rinse. And then cream. Lots and lots of it the first day after.
It works on me.

Ylvie said:
I got no itch the first time I shaved. Nor now, the second time. My secret? Moisturizer - lot's of it! First, before you shave, for a long time. Then: Hot bath! Then lots' of foam, and shave WITH the hairs first, and only THEN against. Cold water to rinse. And then cream. Lots and lots of it the first day after.
It works on me.

Ummm...yep. I agree totally. :)

Sit in that hot bath for a little while...that softens the hair, I guess, and makes it easier. And you can't use too much moisturizing lotion afterward. :)

S.

try geting some neiva after shve lotion and rub that on there. that always works for me and it smells good too ;)

ALSO.... i dont reccomend the shaver to the balls thing. that is dangerous :eek:

Electric

Try the Clean Cut electric razor by Seiko. It will not cut you even when using it on your balls. But you first have to trim down the hairs before you use it. It works great !!!! I have been using mine since I got it after Thanksgiving and I love the way I feel with hairless balls !!!

litma2 said:
try geting some neiva after shve lotion and rub that on there. that always works for me and it smells good too ;)

ALSO.... i dont reccomend the shaver to the balls thing. that is dangerous :eek:

I used to shave my ex on a regular basis and i would have to agree...a razor has a lot more control than a shaver does

I just shaved for the first time. I've been trimming, and everytime I get more and more carried away. I didn't go the whole lot just yet, but I think I'm going to be uncomfortable tomorrow!!!

I've shaved twice, but really didn't enjoy it, so don't think I will in the future. That said, yes, that first time was a pain, what with the itching...

I shave my penis and balls and it's scary the first time but as long as you are careful and soak in some warm water (either bath or shower) first you should be ok. For me the hard part is trackin' down the scraglers and the area right down the middle of my scrotum, but the feeling is awesome after. Itch does go away but it also got a bit more difficult for me as I used to get aroused when doing it, don't know. and that can make things a little harder.

just WAX everything.

lol just kidding. i use a gillette mach 3. and some gillette shaving cream for the top part. i usually just skim over my balls. cause yeah one slip and err lets not go there

Does anyone else use one of those little battery operated nose hair trimmers? The first time I trimmed as much as I could with scissors and then cleaned up the rest with one of these. And it was just recently. I'd never considered shaving myself until 2 years ago, now it's a regular ritual and I have to say I like it a LOT better!

I gave up. I tried to keep it up for a few days but it was waaay to sore and it wasn't getting any better any time soo. I'll just keep it trimmed for the time being. I'll probably look into waxing over the holidays :rolleyes:

Immedietely after shaving while still in the shower I put on a hefty amount of conditioner. Leave it there while you finish up with the rest of your shower and then rinse, I think it helps.
I don't have problems with bumps, probably because of shaving regularly, but I've been told deoderant works well for bumps. The white kind, not the gel.
Also, when I exercise, I just simply make sure I'm wearing underwear that's soft and doesn't have tight elastic. Boy shorts without elastic on the leg work perfectly.
Although I'm not a man, I can say something about my husband. He doesn't shave his testicles with a razor, just trims as close as he can with his electric one. He's done it both ways and honestly, I didn't notice any difference with the smoothness factor.

just a lil tip about to help with the exercise factor... my ex partner used to use talcum/baby powder rather than moisturizer when he exercised because it helped with the dampness, and he liked the extra smoothness, slipperiness of powder...balls like a baby's bottom! lol but you still need to moisturize!

Back