How to Get Over Turning 40

freddyandeddy

Really Experienced
OK, I'm drunk off my ass as I write this, so I'd like to know...

How the heck did you handle turning 40? I tried to treat it as no big deal, but my wife and friends insisted on making a big deal of it. What were YOU'RE emotions upon hitting the big four-oh? How did you handle it? Did you throw a big bash? Low-key affair? Did you and your SO/wife fuck like you were 21?

Last edited:
I turned 40 over 6 years ago, it wasn't any big deal to me. Ignore the 'over the hill' stuff, it's just another day in your life.

I was single when I turned 40, so there was no birthday sex. But, I've found sex over 40 to be much better than in the 20s and 30s. Although divorced almost 10 years now, I don't worry about finding a mate, making babies, or deciding on a career. I found someone very special that compliments my life, and makes me feel as I never had the chance to when younger.

Getting older has it's benefits. Knowing that nearly half of your life is behind you, you have the opportunity to live life and love to it's fullest, as if there is no tomorrow. Cherish what you have today, in the present.

And don't forget the black balloons and cake when SHE turns 40, lol.

:D

DITTO

You ain't dead 'till yo DEAD! 40 ain't no big thang. Neither is 50! I suspect 60 and 70 - 80 - is about the same. If you're with somebody and the spark's still there things just get better and better as the years flip past. There's more trust. There's more willingness to explore. There are places like LIT where even us old farts can read about new stuff or post a thread and get the most amazing results because you discovered some li'll "trick" that few others know about.

Naw...waste of good booze, I think, getting ripped just 'cause ya turned 40 but then again who needs a good excuse to get ripped?

O and (not sure wheter you're freddy or deddy) So ...
HAPPY BOITHDAY 2 U
HAPPY BOITHDAY 2 U
HAPPY BOITHDAY
HAPPY BOITHDAY
HAPPY BOITHDAY 2 U
(u know the tune)

One other thing

RE: ""Did you and your SO/wife fuck like you were 21?""

I would NEVER, at my age, insult a lady by fucking her like I was 21.

...Was almost 6 years ago for me as well, no big deal, was kinda suprised/thrilled that i actually made it.
.....Look at it this way...Turning 40......

............SURE beats the alternative...

snake1500 said:
...Was almost 6 years ago for me as well, no big deal, was kinda suprised/thrilled that i actually made it.
.....Look at it this way...Turning 40......

............SURE beats the alternative...

I am so in agreement with you snake. There were people who seriously doubted that I would ever make 30, let alone 40.

Think of it this way, at our age, we are old enough to know what we want, young enough to get it, and mature enough to know how to really enjoy it.

Congrats Freddy.

Me? I had a huge party with all my family and friends around me. I don't usually go all out with birthday parties but it was a bit of a reward...since I'd changed careers and had been working hard for 2 years to become a chartered accountant. It felt great to have everyone that mattered to me there. I'm not big on being the centre of attention but for that short period I enjoyed it...ok ok I shared it a bit with my son whose birthday is the day before mine. :)

Never understood why people get so out of whack about getting older.

Mr. G thanks for the chuckle :D

Don't get over it, enjoy it. Like they say... life begins at 40.

Wolfgar and cool folks,

Life may begin at 40, but (ugh) hangovers sure feel worse!!! ;)

So give me some "how to" tips for sex after 40... you know, words of wisdom or things you've learned in your "old age."

I never did turn 40. Instead I celebrated the 25th anniversary of my 20th birthday. :D

Age is not a state of mind. As much as people would like to claim it is, the sad fact is at 45, I cannot do the things I did at 20 and not suffer consequences for them.

However, turning 40 isn't and shouldn't be a burden. You're turning 40, not dying.

You may not be able to bang the wife like you did at 20, but you make up for quantity with quality. And maybe you're turning into an old fart like me, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying things. So what if you have to go a little slower, or be a little more careful? Enjoy it. :)

For me it also helps a little that my wife is 13yrs younger than I am. Unfortunately there are still mornings when I stumble out of bed feeling like I'm 80. :D

ps
Happy Birthday! :nana:

Last edited:
freddyandeddy said:
How the heck did you handle turning 40? I tried to treat it as no big deal, but my wife and friends insisted on making a big deal of it. What were YOU'RE emotions upon hitting the big four-oh? How did you handle it? Did you throw a big bash? Low-key affair? Did you and your SO/wife fuck like you were 21?

I had more problems w/ turning 30 than 40. Turned 50 2 years ago and that was no big deal either. The way that I look at it is that it's a hellava lot better than the alternative.

I didn't want any big deal made out of 40 so I just had the wife and kids around and it was just what I needed. That night my wife made me feel like I was 20 but we sure didn't fuck like we did back then. It's much, much better now because we we're both better lovers.

Enjoy the day

40? When was that? :D

For me, turning 40 was a quiet and almost unobserved affair. My hair had been a silvery color for three years at that point and we were expecting our third child.

Now, turning 50 was different. Since that marks what I hope is the 1/3 point in my life, I decided it was acceptable to have a little bit of party. So we did.

And Mr. G is right about the potential for insulting a woman with your techniques from age 21. About the only thing I miss about sex at 21 was being able to go again 7 minutes later. I can live with the added 15 minutes of rest I get now. ;)

freddyandeddy said:
. . . So give me some "how to" tips for sex after 40... you know, words of wisdom or things you've learned in your "old age."

Mr. G said it well: never insult your SO by fucking her like you're 21.

As for "How to"--well, just to reassure you, you'll still find your naughty bits located where you left them when you were 39, so the basic mechanics of the procedure are much the same as you remember.

And, presumably, since you were a 21-yr.-old, you've come to find out that sex doesn't have to be a 30-second sprint to the finish line.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I know that for me sex, like good wine, has always continued to get better and better with age.

Good luck.

Bobmi357 said:
I never did turn 40. Instead I celebrated the 25th anniversary of my 20th birthday. :D

Age is not a state of mind. As much as people would like to claim it is, the sad fact is at 45, I cannot do the things I did at 20 and not suffer consequences for them.

However, turning 40 isn't and shouldn't be a burden. You're turning 40, not dying.

You may not be able to bang the wife like you did at 20, but you make up for quantity with quality. And maybe you're turning into an old fart like me, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying things. So what if you have to go a little slower, or be a little more careful? Enjoy it. :)

For me it also helps a little that my wife is 13yrs younger than I am. Unfortunately there are still mornings when I stumble out of bed feeling like I'm 80. :D

ps
Happy Birthday! :nana:

Bobmi, I :heart: you! You just gave me a good memory for the day; I had a dear friend in college who used to say he was celebrating the whatever anniversary of his 21st birthday. He's no longer in my life, but what a great way to remember him for a minute.

Back on track, 40 ain't no big deal. Mine did last for three days though because I made the mistake of going to visit extended family and we had to have a party and then my hub set up a surprise party with some of my high school friends. Jeez, it went on and on and on... But then hub and I went on a trip to Niagara Falls and acted like honeymooners, so it was all good.

Sex is so much better now, as I rapidly approach birthday #50 (in six months). Kids are grown and gone, so no one to hear when Mr. Bobsgirl and I get rowdy!:eek:

Re: One other thing

Mr.G said:
RE: ""Did you and your SO/wife fuck like you were 21?""

I would NEVER, at my age, insult a lady by fucking her like I was 21.

ahhh - very nice. And us older ladies really appreciate that!

Mr. G you made me laugh with that one!

Get over turning 40?....gawd I have yet to get over turning 30 this year. It's like the line in that song Strawberry Wine,
I still remember when thirty was old

I've heard several times that men become better more patient lovers as they age tho, so that's gotta be a plus right!?

BTW...happy belated b-day!:D

Maybe it's different for women but... turning 40 was great! Like someone else said, turning 30 was much more stressful. Of course, the month I turned forty, we were so darn busy I barely had time to think -- we'd just sold our place and moved after almost 10 years, and that month our 2 and a half year old finally started sleeping thru the night, so there was a lot to celebrate. A couple of months later, our little one sleeping thru the night and what that inevitably led to, once we caught up on sleep a little, turned into a surprise miracle pregnancy.... Anyway, the forties have been full of happy surprises, and I wouldn't be under 30 again for anything.

One thing that helps is to do some of those things you thought you couldn't, or wouldn't try when younger. For instance, make changes in your body. I took up weight lifting at 42 and got the best body of my life (until things got too busy with the kids but now I know I can do it.) At 42 I could do 8 mens pushups, when up until then I couldn't even do 1! Silly but it felt great.

It's also a good time to experiment with your sexuality... but I think I read you and your wife are doing that. I've read that women really bloom in their 40s and it's been true. Perhaps because of this, my husband (47), has been newly inspired. (the upside of a midlife crisis, if you do it right.) In fact, I'll probably stop posting on Literotica shortly, as we seem to be working that midlife lust crisis of mine out. :D

Age is nothing but a state of mind. I know that is a trite phrase that has been used a million times, but...it's TRUE.

Be thankful you made it through forty years in this big ole world. Considering all the hell the world throws at a person, forty years of strength, love and sharing is something to be proud of. :)

S.

I turned 21 while a patient at Fitsimmons army medical center in 1973. Every day after that has been a gift to me and my family.
Someone asked me if I minded turning 40 and I just said no, but to myself I thought "I'm just glad to be 40". I am now 53 and learning to forge knives. This "life" thing is great!

Old enough to know better...young enough to do most of it again:D

When I turned 40 (almost 9 years ago), I "came into my own"....accepting myself, faults and all. It was a wonderful process, and the calm and confidence I have now is awesome!

Sex now that the kids are grown and gone is incredible! We can be as loud as we want again, and are trying out every room in the house! We may not be able to bend the way we used to for long, but the skill and expertise we have in knowing what turns the other on more than makes up for it.

Enjoy!

Wow, such wonderful words of wisdom and encouragement. I just let the day pass without any fuss and the wife turns 38 next week. We're going to take a page from a friend's book and celebrate our 78th birthday together with all our friends. It was a bit disconcerting to have my 3rd grade students say, "Mr. Freddy, you're FORTY? Wow, that's SOOOO old!!!" And the gray hairs I'm now noticing are not attractive at all.

That said, I have lots to be thankful for; I'm running the LA Marathon in two weeks, can still bench a good 225, and can now appreciate Tolstoy as never before. And sex? WOW! Who'd have thought it could be this great after so many years with my hot wife?

So come on, folks, gimme some cool stuff to try now that I'm over the hill! I know you've got some sex wisdom hidden behind all these words - fess up!!! What should we try now that we've entered "middle age?"

freddyandeddy said:
Wow, such wonderful words of wisdom and encouragement. I just let the day pass without any fuss and the wife turns 38 next week. We're going to take a page from a friend's book and celebrate our 78th birthday together with all our friends. It was a bit disconcerting to have my 3rd grade students say, "Mr. Freddy, you're FORTY? Wow, that's SOOOO old!!!" And the gray hairs I'm now noticing are not attractive at all.

That said, I have lots to be thankful for; I'm running the LA Marathon in two weeks, can still bench a good 225, and can now appreciate Tolstoy as never before. And sex? WOW! Who'd have thought it could be this great after so many years with my hot wife?

So come on, folks, gimme some cool stuff to try now that I'm over the hill! I know you've got some sex wisdom hidden behind all these words - fess up!!! What should we try now that we've entered "middle age?"

Congrats on getting yourself ready for the LA marathon. As I understand it, that's a fairly interesting course. And if it's your first one, you will never feel so great as you do when you finish (emotionally, that is - the rest of you will no doubt feel like you were in a car wreck, but you knew that already, right?). And surely all the training has given you the same boost in the old stamina department as most other runners get, hasn't it?

turning 40

Turning 40 was no big deal for me.I was actually looking forward to it.Kind of like,OK now I am a grown up!As far as sex goes.Hell I didn't know how to have real sex till I hit 40.I am having the best sex of my entire life now that I am over 40.Plus I been having sex with the same woman for over 15 years and it is still very,very hot.Sure we don't go at it 3-4 times a night like we did years ago but we still manage to get after it every other night and what I have found is we do it for a lot longer now.When I was younger it was like let's hurry up and reach our climax,now it is like what is the hurry let's take our time explore and have fun getting there and slowly build up to it and then when it is time FUCK like bunnies.So 40 was nothing really.Now 50(I am not there yet) but that is already bothering me.Why?Because the way I see it the longest I may live is 100.Few people live that long.So at 50,I know half my life is probably over and I am on the downhill slide.I am slowly dying every day.Sure I may take a little blue pill to help me out having sex but I get a hard on like I did when I was 18 and I can last a lot longer than I ever could.So 40 is great.

Back