Need "Plan B" details ("Morning After" regime)

ReadyOne

Ready to Rock!
Daughter in law calls mom saying she forgot to take her birth control pills for 2.75 days.

Mom looks up the literature and tells her to take one immediately and then resume as normal. Then mom asks if she might get pregnant in the next 8 days because the literature says one might not be safe for that long after a missed pill.

After interesting discussion ("What do you mean, might get pregnant?") daughter says that she will be seeing boyfriend (in another state) in a week.

After relating the conversation, I suggested to mom that daughter might consider the "morning after" procedure -- taking a heavy dose of pills then stopping cold to begin her period early.

(Pointed out that there was actually a package called "Plan B" with the requisite pills and instructions that was seeking OTC approval.)

Question: What is the dosage and schedule for the "morning after" regime?

Edit to correct time -- 2 days, 18 hours

Last edited:
the morning after pill from what i've experienced are two pills which is just a super dose of birth control... may cause upset stomach, usually they give a sedative or a stomach relaxer.

there are other methods, but I don't remember :( Try Etoile aka Google

:rose:

Google's getting hard to wade through. I got pages of press releases and propaganda useful for lobbying for a morning after pill approval, but no one who would talk about dosages.

Maybe my brain just can't hit on the correct search words... And I've come to appreciate the depth of knowlegde here!

do this...

take two normal pills and dont stop taking them. Its only 1.5 days...its three days of missed pills that you really have to worry about. a morning after pill is a bc pill with extra hormone...I doubt you would get a doc to give it to you, seeing as how it was less than two days she missed. I have done this before and never had any problems. If she is still worried about next week, use back up method...like condoms.

or call a doctor if your so unsure.

I agree = 1.5 days you are still in the clear - and well - either that or tell her to use alternative forms of bc. :cool:

Back