sexy attire

andyandy

Virgin
How can I get my wife to wear sexy attire, wether out in public or going to bed? I can also do the same but I don't know what girls like guys to wear, especially when going to sleep!

The easiest way is to talk with your girl, and see what she likes. Everyone has different tastes, which makes it hard for others to tell you what your girl would want. ;)

Maybe get a catalouge from a sex shop (Fredricks, Lover's Lane, etc), and leave it lying around? Ask her what she likes out of it, or what she'd wear.

For men... honestly, in my own opinion, there isn't any sexy men's wear for bed time. The bikini undies, thongs, leather vests, etc... well, they scare me.

Look around, feel out her limitations. Maybe just start with a pretty satin nightgown (Chemise), and give it as a gift. If she likes it, suggest getting more, or some slightly different ones.

andyandy said:
How can I get my wife to wear sexy attire, wether out in public or going to bed? I can also do the same but I don't know what girls like guys to wear, especially when going to sleep!

This one likes Boxers.

You can get her to wear things by not forcing the idea down her throat only by saying how nice she appeals to you in certain clothing. Make a big deal out of something that is kind of sexy and she will likely try to upstage her self.

Um...have you asked her if she would dress sexy? Have you asked her how she would like you to dress?
As a general rule, tighty whities are not sexy unless you have the body of a god.

Gilly Bean said:
For men... honestly, in my own opinion, there isn't any sexy men's wear for bed time. The bikini undies, thongs, leather vests, etc... well, they scare me.

Oh Lord... there is, but not usually in the catalogs I like.

Silk pajama pants. Black.

*sigh* I wish we were in that mood tonight.

Also, microfiber boxers.

Hell, just seeing him in a kneelength terry robe (we have a matching pair that I'm going to get personalized one of these days) and nothing else is a hell of a turnon too.

I think, if you were looking for sexy menswear, that the best place to look in a lot of situations would simply be a department store.

I found J's black silk PJ pants at Fred Meyer's. (one stop shopping for those of you not anywhere near the NW)

Our terry robes we got at the Anniversary Inn as part of a special, but you can also find them in many 'normal' clothing catalogs.

Just a short note on things that can be sexy without being scary for men. (Those bikini things? Those are not only scary but have GOT to be uncomfortable. No room for erections or NOTHIN'!)

Ang

CelticFrog said:

Just a short note on things that can be sexy without being scary for men. (Those bikini things? Those are not only scary but have GOT to be uncomfortable. No room for erections or NOTHIN'!)

Ang

Bingo!!! :eek: :eek:

Just let her subtly know you'd love it if she wore a sexy nightie once in awhile. With my former guy, I always wanted too, but felt awkward actually putting something on...

So she might want to, but she might be unsure if it would turn you on or not.

Hard to explain, hopefully someone understands.

:rose:

How about leaving around the latest catalog from Victoria's Secrets or a similar source, but with all the pages stuck together? ;)

That might help make your point. :D

do you tell her she is beautiful and sexy? Maybe she doesnt feel like youd care if she dressed up for you. Maybe surprise her with a nightie....

Heaven forbid you take a look through her drawers to figure out her size ( for chemises Id look at maybe a slip or even a blouse).
Then go ahead and order her one. Get it delivered somewhere she wouldnt suspect or even to yourself instead of her. Have a nice bottle of wine or reservations made, then when you get home or get ready to take it further present her with the package and say, you saw this on the (net, catalogue...) and thought she would look delicious in the specific colour you ordered.

I doubt she would be upset if you put the time into a romantic evening, and like one of the other posters said- it wouldnt hurt to order silk boxers in the same colour for making breakfast in the next morning so she can sleep in!

Have a good one,
Cealy

great advice given here and I would take it to heart, especially cealy's!
Here's my .02 DO NOT!!! I repeat DO NOT!! go out and by some over the top teddy with cut out boobs anda piece of floss for a panty as a starter. You may think she would look incredibly sexy in it and it may have turned you on, but if she doesn't wear lingerie much this may scare her off in terms of expectations. A simple silk chemise or perhaps a little pair of " boy shorts" panties with a pretty matching bra would be a good start.
Also, I will say that if you expect her to dress sexier you should be willing to return the favor. Stay clear of the " novelty" mens underwear unless you want her to laugh. Whomever thought those would be a turn on for women really needed to lay down the crackpipe. If you have a good build a nice pair of boxer briefs that show off all the best bits can be very sexy. I think a good pair of PJ bottoms are sexy on any guy but even a a nice pair of soft boxers will do.

Best of luck to you and remember don't expect her to do anything for you that you wouldn't be willing to do for her.

SensualCealy said:
Heaven forbid you take a look through her drawers to figure out her size ( for chemises Id look at maybe a slip or even a blouse).
Then go ahead and order her one. Get it delivered somewhere she wouldnt suspect or even to yourself instead of her. Have a nice bottle of wine or reservations made, then when you get home or get ready to take it further present her with the package and say, you saw this on the (net, catalogue...) and thought she would look delicious in the specific colour you ordered.

I doubt she would be upset if you put the time into a romantic evening, and like one of the other posters said- it wouldnt hurt to order silk boxers in the same colour for making breakfast in the next morning so she can sleep in!

Have a good one,
Cealy

Yes, yes, and yes!! Excellent advice - along with Mskey!

Buy her something that is soft and romantic, more than blatantly "out there." Okay, so a guy might not think that pink silk chemise is exactly the sexiest thing in a store, but if it makes your woman feel sexy, then the battle is half-way won.

Definitely a romantic evening and present the chemise as a gift. (And yes, that means gift-wrapping!) Getting yourself a nice pair of boxers is a good idea as well. My S/O wears "tighty whities" and while they don't bother me one way or the other, for Valentine's Day I got him a matching set of silk boxers and a robe. He wasn't overly comfortable in them, but he wore them for me, which made me appreciate him all the more. (Plus, the robe is heavenly and when I'm at his place I love to wear it - one of the best things I've ever purchased!)

As she becomes more comfortable with lingerie, she may get more experiemental. And don't be afraid to tell her what you like! I know my S/O likes anything with easy access - cut outs for breasts and pussy. I'm not overly fond of these, but I wear them because of the reaction I get from him. Makes it well worth it!

As far as dressing more sexy in public? That's kind of tricky. Plus, be careful what you ask for in this regard. You really need to take her comfort level into account. Example: I feel perfectly comfortable wearing something that shows off cleavage, but short skirts are not something I will wear. Period. I might wear something that shows off my ass (which I think is too big, but my S/O thinks is perfect, go figure!), but that is probably not as often as he would like. Yet, he respects my feelings on this. Plus, one of the things he told me he loves about me is the fact that I am sexy, but that I don't flaunt it except for him in private. You see, he knows his limitations and boundaries, and he does get just a bit jealous. It's one thing to have a sexy woman on your arm when you are out. It's a quite another when you she her getting hit on by other guys. Just a little word of caution here!

I'd also like to add that its probably not a good idea to give lingerie as a birthday or christmas gift unless its accompanied by something more substantial.

Bedroom lingerie (the type she wouldn't get caught dead wearing outside) is really a gift for both of you. And some women consider it more a gift for the guy than a gift for themselves (SOME Girls, so don't drop a rock on my head).

My wife has more than a few items of lingerie, but its very hard to get her to wear them (its a self image problem). At least she rarely wears that granny throwover. She wore it once and freaked out our cats so bad I made her promise not to wear it again. :D

I thought that women liked to get gifts of frilly things because the message with them is that they look sexy wearing them. Don't women like to be told they look good? That they are sexy?

ReadyOne said:
I thought that women liked to get gifts of frilly things because the message with them is that they look sexy wearing them. Don't women like to be told they look good? That they are sexy?

It really depends on the woman and what the gift is. If a woman has a body image problem, giving her a thong is probably not the best of ideas. If she is more modest due to her general idea of what is considered proper, than that leather corset is probably not going to go over real well.

When initiating a woman into lingerie, men have to get over what they like and try to concentrate on what their woman will like. Yeah, I know, difficult!

For me, if I received something frilly (which would be a shock, because my S/O doesn't really like "frilly") and sexy, I would be thrilled. Even if it was something I was not totally keen on, I would wear it, and wear it proudly.

But there are women out there who feel if a man buys them something sexual, it means, 1. all their man wants from them is sex, 2. he feels that her choice of lingerie is not appealing, or 3. (and this depends on what the article is) that he is some sort of pervert and expects her to be as well. Different women think and feel different things. This is why it is a good idea for a man to get to know a woman before presenting her with lingerie! Definitely not a second date gift idea!

Well said Chele!
Different lingerie carries differnt conotations. For ex. a guy may look at the black leather teddy with the split crotch and demi cups for the boobs and think " Damn put her in a pair of 6 inch black stillettos and that and I'd cum in my damn pants." So he buys it and eagerly leaves it out for his woman who looks at it and thinks, " what the fuck kind of girl does this asshole think I am?"

Conversly a guy may look at a beautiful satin dressing gown in the store window and think nothing sexual but his woman looks at it and sees candle light, a roaring fire and hours of passionate lovemaking. She buys it and wears it to bed and gets zero reaction from her man.

If you are going to wear lingerie, or any clothing to titilate your partner you will need to work with their tastes and not your own. Not to say that you shouldn't hopefully arrive at a happy compromise but going with your own taste exclusively is bound to not produce the results ya want.

my man loves me when i wear his football (soccer) shirt and not much else.... it takes all sorts!

Mskey said:
Whomever thought those would be a turn on for women really needed to lay down the crackpipe.

Awww, come on. Take it easy on 'em. Maybe all they really need to do is tell their dealer, "SMALLER ROCKS"

Ang

Perhaps buying something for her to wear; but start off with something not so way out, like a short dress. Once she gets comfortable with that, then start getting skimpier.

yeah - being bought something nice is always good - try to think of how it feels... silk feels sexier than lace...

if it feels sexy then she's more likely to wear it!

Or you might be with someone who makes it clear, in no uncertain terms, she don't like it and she ain't wearin' it... flannel all the way.
:rolleyes:

something to consider..

Maybe she is like allot of women these days - and doesn't want to spend allot of money on herself.. next big occasion - mothersday anniv. or something buy her a giftcertificate to a sexy store with lots of nighties and suggest that you both will have a nice evening cuddled with a movie, wine and goodies & you want her to have something sexy to enhance her beauty.:kiss: :rose:

Back