Flavored lubricants

bling 36

Virgin
Hello everyone. My girlfriend and I have a question about flavored lubricants. Seeing as how neither of us has explicitly seen it written, we were just wondering if they were indeed safe for consumption (obviously not in large amounts). We were also wondering if they are safe to apply to the vaginal area, for the purposes of oral sex. I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but I couldnt find the answer anywhere else. Thanks for your responses.

Well,

I'd always check an ingredient list, if there is one.

We haven't had any problems with flavored lubes, other than the fact that the ones we've tried are basically nasty.

It's not food, so I wouldn't use it as salad dressing.

Since you're dealing with mucous membranes, there may be I a reaction. I haven't had one, but we used them once or twice and then gave up on it.

Our natural flavors are pretty good, anyway...:p

My experience...

I've used flavored lotions in oral sex before, but giving blowjobs, I've never had a man use lotions on me. For myself? It was a great experience. I was quite inexperienced at the time, and made me feel much more confident.

I agree with the other reply, check the ingredients label first to make sure nothing stands out that may be a risk.

Other than that, give different flavors a try, and have fun! :)

An ex and I played with flavored lubes a few times...and he hated the taste of them. I found them tolerable. Honestly, when the lube was mixed with the taste of 'me'...it was strange. He liked my natural taste, the lube was just a venture into something new...and we went back to natural the next night, believe me!

One to NOT use is Spanish Fly flavored lubes. Good lord, those things turn my stomach. Yeck.

S.

I haven't had any experience with them being unsafe for either consumption or for vaginal use but as everyone has said you should check the labels. If they say not for internal use or human consumption- which they must say if they are unsafe- then steer clear.
I would add that as a general rule most of the flavored lubes are nasty as all get all. Natural lube is always best!;)

sxyredhead_or said:
I haven't had any problems with them either. I like the cinnamon flavored one from GoodHead

And here I was about to post a warning against cinnamon! Burns like a son of a bitch in my experience! (course, some like that. :D)

minsue said:
And here I was about to post a warning against cinnamon! Burns like a son of a bitch in my experience! (course, some like that. :D)

Listerine Breath Strips can get REALLY interesting. ;)

S.

sheath said:
Listerine Breath Strips can get REALLY interesting. ;)

S.

Good lord! Are you insane!?!?! Looking back, I used to date a guy who used Carmex as lube for is own 'personal' fun. *shudders* To each is own, I suppose. :D

Don't drink flavored lube with your dinner and you should be fine.

On the Listerine strip topic, I'd prefer just using cinnamon Altoids rather than those horrible, horrible strips.

and see now the breath strips did nadda for me!!

Hubby tried them and they gave a little tingle for a second or two but after that....pppfffftttt!!!

Mskey said:
and see now the breath strips did nadda for me!!

Hubby tried them and they gave a little tingle for a second or two but after that....pppfffftttt!!!

Well...they worked for the guy...lol.

I put one in my mouth, went down on him, and I swear it was the fastest orgasm I have ever seen. *snicker*

Note to self: Stock up!

S.

sheath said:
Well...they worked for the guy...lol.

I put one in my mouth, went down on him, and I swear it was the fastest orgasm I have ever seen. *snicker*

Note to self: Stock up!

S.
Hmm...my guy hates mint, but maybe I should sneak one in my mouth right before I go down...see if it affects him. Sounds like it's fun, if it works for you. :rose:

pop rocks

soda/other carbonated drinks

they also make this stuff called "goodhead" its tolerable, tastes like that jelly lollipop stuff.

altoids of course...

honey

just to name a few.

Zergplex Says

College_geek said:
Hmm...my guy hates mint, but maybe I should sneak one in my mouth right before I go down...see if it affects him. Sounds like it's fun, if it works for you. :rose:

If you do that no funtime as punishment until the mint is washed out of your mouth. Ewwww.

-Zergokex

me personally

I would use a "water based" lube if possible.
Read ingredient labels for any petroleum or latex products (can be bad news for some women). A lot of flavored lubes seem to contain saccharin too...make sure you're not allergic...again read labels.

Me personally, I prefer just using "extra-virgin" olive oil...works great for tit-jobs too!!

If you like a certain flavor...try just using the food.
Coconut milk, strawberries, cherries, etc...,makes for lots of fun!!!

Make sure you aren't allergic. Me and my g/f used flavored massage oils and I got hives.

Back