Could it get worse ?

SIC

Really Experienced
Ok so me and my girlfriend broke it off and i really love her but she need space and i could take it cause she was being weird. then to do i lost my job because of lack of work. also m y girlfriend is hanging out with another guy and me and her were together for a year and a half and now she is gone and so is my dog but i am going to still do stuff with my dog. Oh yeah and i forgot now my car desides that it doesnt want to work no more so i got to look into that. What else could possible go wrong ?

Your house could burn down

Your parents could get cancer

YOU could get cancer

Your best friend could pack up and move to Cambodia

There could be another Depression

We could have another 9/11 like attack

get my drift?

Im sorry things suck so bad. No one deserves it. But such is life man....we have all been there.

And things could ALWAYS get worse....

A piano could drop on your head.

Your Mom could run away with the family dog.

You could get run over by a mack truck.

You could be mistakenly identified as Osama Bin Laden at a US Patriot Rally.

You could be mistakenly identified as a republican spy at the democratic national convention.

Your cats hair could all fall out. INTO YOUR VCR/DVD player.

Life sucks only if you sit back and let yourself drift taking what life dishes out. Take charge of your life instead of waiting for the piano to fall.

So bluntly put, things could be a LOT worse.

You've still got a breath in your body and capable of doing lotsa things.

I usually find it safest to say "it could be worse, could be raining" because I can deal with it when it starts raining. Asking if things could be worse is just asking for trouble.

It is like pain, just when you think that you have felt the worse pain you can feel, a volvo comes along, breaks your neck and proves you wrong.

I have the same frame of mind - when things go bad - imagion them worse - when all else fails - 'IT COULD BE WORSE'... be thankful it isn't.

Sure it could be worse - you could be condemned to a life of dealing with immature people whose idea of fun is to wallow in self-pity at the expense of making friends and enjoying life.

It could ALWAYS be worse.

Let's look at the post, shall we? In order to tell us what you just did, you have to be able to use a computer...that means you are in a place with electricity. You have that computer. You have the ability to write. You have the courage to do so.

Now, imagine NOT having those things.

In light of losing so much, we often forget what DO have.

Simply start with being glad you are alive. :rose: Then go from there. It works.

S.

could things be worse? Well first answer these questions...

are you alive and breathing today? If the answer was yes then guess what? Things could be worse.

Do you have basic necessities such as food, clothing and clean water? If the answer was yes, then guess what? Things could be worse.

Are you free of any terminal disease? If you answered yes....yup, you guessed it bubba...things could be worse!

See where we're going here man? It's like the book says..." Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff."

For right now it seems like the harder i try the harder i get hit! Like i lost my job to a lack of work and we just hire somebody new and they got my hours wtf ? I was never late, i never stole nothing, never complained no matter how shit of a job i had to do i just did it. I also am working hard in university and that going alright. With my g/f we knew each other for 8 years before we started going out and now i dont even have her as a friend. Yes, i broke it off with her because it was going weird but wish we could fix it. she still is calling me every day. Then 2 nights ago someone tryed to break into my car and yesterday it wouldnt start. I know it could get worse. But why did everything go bad within a week?

Hi, you guys were pretty tough on this kid -- and he is a kid -- 22 if I remember from his posting about the gf.

Guy, some weeks are like that. Figure it's a cycle and have 3 major things go wrong means you're probably about done. Anyway, the job and probably car, you can do something about. And return your ex gf's calls! If it won't hurt to much to see her. Sounds like she Does want to be friends. You guys are young, been together for a long time. Hate to say it but at your age, gfs and bfs are a dime a dozen, but Friends, especially people you've known for that long, are something you will value your whole life, and regret if you lose touch.

Anyway, that's my dime. And go for a new job. One you don't think is shit. If it didn't work somehow (and the usual reason is that even if you did ok, you didn't fit in somehow to the company culture) they did you a favor by laying you off and not looking for an excuse to fire you. Looks better on your resume. And you can get unemployment while you look, btw. So get out there. How about a job where lots of women your age work, hmmmm? Or a car dealership, your make. Get my drift? Start moving and quit pondering!

SIC said:
For right now it seems like the harder i try the harder i get hit! Like i lost my job to a lack of work and we just hire somebody new and they got my hours wtf ? I was never late, i never stole nothing, never complained no matter how shit of a job i had to do i just did it. I also am working hard in university and that going alright. With my g/f we knew each other for 8 years before we started going out and now i dont even have her as a friend. Yes, i broke it off with her because it was going weird but wish we could fix it. she still is calling me every day. Then 2 nights ago someone tryed to break into my car and yesterday it wouldnt start. I know it could get worse. But why did everything go bad within a week?

Things happen that way, this past year for me kind of feels like your past week. There are positive things too, like Sheath mentioned. I think you mentioned that you still can see your dog.

Relationship never seem to cease to be weird, there are times in my life that I have stayed only friends with men I would have liked as lovers because I value their long term friendship more than a probably transitory relationship.

I also think you should return your ex's calls as soon as you are able and try and find a friendship that you both can live with. Old friends are very important.

Sometimes you have to stop looking at what is and has happened, just keep moving as if things will be okay, just have faith that things will improve, sometimes that is all there is.

Noor

well if i may summerize...there's times when life seems or actually is a downward spiral...everything you do only makes matters worse...and then there's more bad news on top of bad news...

most posts have attempted to provide perspective..and reson to keep trying...

you're probably just having some bad luck on top of some unpleasant business with your gf...

when you're ready you may conclude the glass is half full instead of half empty....i saw a movie of a fellow in a similar quandry..

the story line follows a guy who is trteated shabbily..he's a decent guy but he's not assertive and people take advantage

but at the same time he goes about things the best he can...then when he's eating at a diner his twin brother (he didn't even know he had a brother) gets killed in a gang shooting...and he goes over to look at the wounded man only to see his own face...

it's all too much for him and he gets a car from his fathers garage and takes off in the middle of the night from the east coast for the grand canyon...

so his entire world is upside down..he's just realized he's adopted, his twin has just been killed on top of the other woes he's been trying to understand..

but when he gets to the grand canyon...he stands near the edge...and the camera pulls back to reveal that he is only a speck...his troubles are dwarfed by the immensity of a canyon...

and we presume that he understands...his world was troubled...but so what ?...sometimes you just gotta take the blows and keep going...what else are ya gonna do anyway ?

by the way, the movie is "Equinox"

ts

As long as your extensive 8-track tape collection is intact all is not lost.

Ok i understand what you people are saying and all because yes it could be worse i coulf lose my house or my mom could die( god forbid or i would go crazy). But me and my ex talk everynight and yeah i get mad at what she is doing but i know she know i am only yelling at her because i love her so much! Am i stupid for loving a girl this much like it hurts me so that i am trying to not show it but it is getting the best of me. Do you think will end up back together if it is ment to be? I think we well but i dont know what to do in the mean time. Like when i found out about my job it felt like she should have been there standing by myside telling me it will be alright and what not. I dont want anything from her but her love and care towards me. I dont want her body or the little money she has i just want her is that to much to ask for? I am not a suck in anyway i never show weakness but to her she is the one i feel much comfortable with but know she isnt here so i got no one to tell my shit too. When we talk it sounds good by im sry ladies but sometime you say something but mean something total different! So where do i go now ?

You're 18, lighten up on yourself. I know you care about this girl, but if she is adamant that she needs her space, you need to respect that and give it to her.

lol that is like one thing that hunts me man. Its really weird i thought i would be more cocky but i think i am shy of it lol weird!

You could come down with shingles, or be singled out for a tax audit, or have someone steal your identity...

so to conclude what everyone just said.... life could be pretty bad without all the shitty stuff you just went thru. :D Cheer up, brighten up..... look twards the rainbow intsead twords the fog.

:heart:

i just want her is that to much to ask for

well yes...it seems like it is.

Stop talking to her every night...distance yourself from her for now. You need time to heal and it will never happen if she is still around. Your a young guy...get on with life. I understand you love her but you cant make her want you back.

Stop thinking she is telling you something else when she says it is over. Contrary to mens belief, most of us mean what we say. When we say go away...we want you to go. If we say...come here its time for sex...then you better go there cuz its time for sex. Take the situation for what it is. Stop the over analyzing and learn to live with things. This is how it is. There is no we will get back together. Look ahead, not behind. There is a lot more happiness there.

I'm right there with ya, in the respect that everything happens at once. But trust me, i know fromexperience, it will eventually get better.

I hope things look up for you soon!:)

Well it got worse this morning. I woke up for school and i was like wheres my mom? Beacuse most morning she is yelling get up you'll be late so i think maybe she is out or having a bath or something so i just do the normal morning then. So after having a shower and everthing and am about to leave i am like this is just to weird so i go upstairs to find she my mom just out of it. So i try to talk to her and she is all mumbelled and i was like what and she was saying " I am dieing" so i was like oh fuck so i call my aunt and my aunt got to my house within 3min and i had to carry my mom out of the house and put her in the car for them to goto the hospital. My aunt told me she couldnt move her left side of her body so now i am getting really worried but i had to stay home with my bro and sis well then went and then after 5 hours of watch the clock i finally get a phone call and its my aunt saying everything is fine and that they are coming home. So they get home and my was totally fine all it was a headache/ migran. I was told this has happened to her before. But what would have happened if i wouldnt have gone upstairs ? Then my ex calls and i tell her whats up and she starts to freak out but i told her i didnt know anything and then she was happy to fine out the good news and then she wanted to do something with me but i had different plans already and i said sry and she was like what you dont want to do anything with? I was yeah i do but you didnt call me till like 3:30-4 so i had plans. So isaid another time and she was like maybe i was like w/e then. But last night i ran into her after a car meet and she was making eye contact with me and i was getting this wierd feel like she missed me. could this be? then at like 4 in the morning she call me and we were talk and i was asking why she call and she pause for and bit like she want to say something but she just wouldnt and would say because. Girl do you think she miss me?(we havent spend like anytime together at all) I dont know whats going on right now but is sure is weird if it not one thing its another!!!!! Sry if i change story half way in there but yeah.

Last edited:
OK...we arent mind readers. We dont know what she is thinking. Why dont you ask her?

Back