How did you choose your AV?

fifty5

Literotica Guru
That magic 100 is coming over the horizon - so I'll be able to get an av.

How did you folk decide what approach to take?

A picture of my dick seems, well, less than subtle.

A picture of my real face seems unwise.

A cartoon seems (no offense meant) like chickening out.

And anyway, I can't think of anything clever at all.

So how did you lot chose such brilliant AVs?

f5

I wouldn't call mine brilliant, it is me, but I don't normally go about with an eyepatch and a parrot.

It was inspired by MG and a couple of other young ladies taking the piss one night in the threads, mention was made of me being an ideal candidate for the part of a pirate ravishing the young girls. I couldn't resist the temptation to bite back:D it's been with me ever since, along with various seasonal versions of it.

Don't be too scared to post a pic of yourself, who the hell's going to take any notice if they do know you, can't condemn you for being here can they, not if they came here and found you. The likelyhood of you being recognised is pretty damn remote anyway.

Mine keeps changing, but I like this one. He's a character from a gay amine called Descendants of Darkness. I just think it's cute... and kinda submissive & fluffy (not like me at all!!) Heheh!

Chickening out? *grr* I don't have all that many pics of me, but I hate them all. Satisfied?? *lick*

Well I am only at 153 posts and I change my AV about every two weeks. This one currently is because I am feeling like the Crone part of Maid, Mother, Crone.

Mine's straight out of my picture thread in the AmPics forum.

I was surfing the web and ran across mine. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the one for me. It really was as simple as that.

pop_54 said:
I wouldn't call mine brilliant, it is me, but I don't normally go about with an eyepatch and a parrot.
Though I really did think your 'dyslexic' version was brill!

It was inspired by MG and a couple of other young ladies taking the piss one night in the threads, mention was made of me being an ideal candidate for the part of a pirate ravishing the young girls. I couldn't resist the temptation to bite back:D it's been with me ever since, along with various seasonal versions of it.

Don't be too scared to post a pic of yourself, who the hell's going to take any notice if they do know you, can't condemn you for being here can they, not if they came here and found you. The likelyhood of you being recognised is pretty damn remote anyway. [/B]
That's sound sense. When I was a teacher, I had more to lose, but now I drive trucks I've probably more to gain (new experiences and contacts)...

Thanks for your input.

And the same to you all.

f5

fifty5 said:
Though I really did think your 'dyslexic' version was brill!

That's sound sense. When I was a teacher, I had more to lose, but now I drive trucks I've probably more to gain (new experiences and contacts)...

Thanks for your input.

And the same to you all.

f5

I couldn't resist the Dyslexic dig either mate, I'm easily led:D It's true though I was diagnosed Dylexic as a kid, that's why I felt at liberty to take the piss.

Shame that politically incorrect joke thread's vanished, i have a beaut of a joke turned into a long story I was going to post.:devil: :D

Teacher turned truck driver hey, looking at the state of the schools and lack of discipline these days I can see why.

Post a pic mate, you might pull a horny bird at a truck stop.

I chose my AV because I love illustration and it depicts who I am essentially.

~A~

Lately all my avs have been the silent screen star, Clara Bow. I just love her looks.

pop_54 said:
Shame that politically incorrect joke thread's vanished, i have a beaut of a joke turned into a long story I was going to post.:devil: :D
Didja see my fridge joke? My son's going into the movies (camera & direction) - he did that story as his graduation piece. No dialogue, just the pictures and music. It worked that way too!
Teacher turned truck driver hey, looking at the state of the schools and lack of discipline these days I can see why.
It was FE rather than a school as such, but I do have some horror stories to telll - though not appropriate to Lit.
Post a pic mate, you might pull a horny bird at a truck stop.
That might show how little you know about truck stops (very functional), but what the hell - maybe, just maybe, it might give an alternative to a truck stop.

(Well, I can always hope...)

Thanks for your input, pop, it's appreciated.

f5

Oops - duplicate! The extra was to thank everyonme else for input, it's appreciated.

f5

Last edited:
fifty5 said:
Oops - duplicate! The extra was to thank everyonme else for input, it's appreciated.

f5
fifty5,

Nothing particular to say, I just wanted to respond to an accidental double post. Now, about an AV. The one I've got of the kid and the Playboy is there just 'cause I was a bald headed kid and I like his expression. My usual AV is an engraving of Plutarch looking like he's two months past his last BM, which seems to say it all.

Since you're now a truck driver if you drove in NYC, an appropriate AV might be you in the cab, maybe with face hidden my shadow, flipping the old one finger peace sign at the camera.

We'll be on a lert (who'll no doubt be pissed as hell about it) waiting for your decision.

Rumple Foreskin :cool:

Last edited:
Rumple Foreskin said:
Now, about an AV. The one I've got of the kid and the Playboy is there just 'cause I was a bald headed kid and I like his expression. My usual AV is an engraving of Plutarch looking like he's two months past his last BM, which seems to say it all.
Well, I like it...

Since you're now a truck driver if you drove in NYC, an appropriate AV might be you in the cab, maybe with face hidden my shadow, flipping the old one finger peace sign at the camera.

We'll be on a lert (who'll no doubt be pissed as hell about it) waiting for your decision.

Rumple Foreskin :cool:
Sounds good to me ... but since I'm currently not "working" (doing a database-driven web-site instead) that could be difficult. But difficulties are made to overcome! :cool:

Must borrow my wife's digital cam and a tripod for next Wednesday (when I am driving).

f5

I didn't even know that you got to choose a picture....but then I was told I was getting close to AV time -- which scared me because I had no idea what that meant.

When it was finally explained to me, I thought about what I would want to have up there....I love the black and white photos, I feel they are sexy.

Figure out what you would like and have FUN

fifty5 said:
Thanks for that Honey - I'll try!

f5

No tries, fifty -- be original --- why would your face be unwise --- beauty is in the eye of the beholder -- everyone is beautiful and special...it's unwise to feel that your not special....

I like the idea of a you being in the cab of a truck with your face in the shadow, perhaps a bulging bicep peeking out from a rolled up sleeve -- oooohhh .... a tattooed bicep!!!! I am picturing it now -- hell, if you don't have a tattoo, get one of those temporary kinds....the epitome of a truck driver, strong, dark.....grrrrrrr

My Av started out life as an "author picture" for my alter ego, Dirty Old Man -- which is what the sign at his feet says.

I needed an author's picture and my children gave me the little troll doll about 20 years ago for father's day -- a picture of it seemed perfect

When I finally decided to put an AV up, I just resized DOM's author picture and it's been my AV ever since.

I chose the avatar I have because I have always been a fan of the invisible man.

ya but no but

Wow! Do I know what you are going thru! I have been tossing around ideas quite recently too. What it has come down to for me is that I need to be comfortable with the av but want some sort of creativity (my personality?) in it also. I've been playing with my webcam and have come up with a decent shot or two. Can't wait to see what you settle on! Have fun! :rose:

P.S. And remember you can change them as often as you want - nothing is in stone

Stories
Only Whisper
Love Those Traffic Jams
Presence (poem of sorts)

I used Calvin for a while because I so love Calvin N' Hobbes, but the current is an idea I had for a long while. I just had to figure out Photoshop.

I'll switch around as time goes on, but I think I like the idea of having some mystery to my AV. If someone recognized me I would just consider it a compliment.

I agree about the ever-present cock pictures. I'm proud of mine too, I'm just sick of the av's being sooooo everywhere. Anyone wants to see mine I'll gladly PM ya a picture. But I promise that it is the mind that guides it that is the truly sexy part of me.

That being said, I don't ever want to see AV's like Lucky's, Destinies current view, Honey123's, etc. dissappear. I admit to being very fond of the female form, especially in these types of forms. YUMM!

Yet Perdita and Tatelou also have constantly sexy AV's, although they are only occassionaly racy. Like I said before, the mind is the sexiest organ.

P.S. The light/dark sides of the AV are deliberate.

BTW, JenniferMidnight above is a perfect example of sexy look with minimal skin.

I drew it aeons ago. It fit with my nick. I rarely change it.
People get antsy when I do. lol

Back