Sex Toy Parties!?!?!?

Cardinal

Really Experienced
I have always dreamed about introducing sex toys into our sex life but my wife is pretty conservative and has always brushed off my suggestions or ideas in this area. Then out of no where she has been invited to a sex toy party, kind of like a Tuperware party I guess, but she can't go that night, damn!
My question: Have you ever attended one of these parties? Is it a good way to get introduced to sex toys? Do the parties involve activities or presentations to get women interested or are they just kind of presented? Even if the party got her interested I can't see her ordering anything in front of ladies that she knows, how is the ordering?
This whole idea is pretty hot, my conservative wife attending a sex toy party so I was just wondering if anyone else had attended or had their wife attend one.

They are usually fun events, light hearted with a touch of real information.....if you have a good hostess with the right personality and attutude that is. Most who don't have this attitude and approach don't last long in the business. The light heartedness serves to lighten the mood and ease the embarrassment or hesitation of those a little less open to such ideas. If you wife has shown interest in going, I would say there is interest there in the first place and may just be a matter of you finding the right way to turn the key which unlocks her inhibitions a little at least. One cautionary word though is making sure it is legal in your area as it seems parts of the US do not allow such frivolity about the serious business of procreation. It would be sad if she made her first tentative steps into letting down the barriers only to be raided at the party by the powers that be who seem to forget there are real murderers and thieves and rapists out there to chase. Good luck.

Catalina :rose:

No live demonstrations with bodies if that's what you're asking...but women do get to touch and examine the toys. Ordering if done right is pretty discreet...especially if the toys are available to take home right then. Catalina is right though...a good hostess knows how to work the crowd and ease embarassment.

Thanks Wicked,
No I assumed that there wouldn't be any demonstrating, that would really turn my wife off.
I hope that the hostess would be good enough to pique her curiosity and buy one.
One idea that I did have to ease her embarassment would be to just buy an adult "grab bag" I wonder if they would have something like that?

Originally posted by Cardinal
Thanks Wicked,
No I assumed that there wouldn't be any demonstrating, that would really turn my wife off.
I hope that the hostess would be good enough to pique her curiosity and buy one.
One idea that I did have to ease her embarassment would be to just buy an adult "grab bag" I wonder if they would have something like that?

Truthfully Cardinal I don't know. My gut reaction is no. If she's hesitant about sex toys...and I guess part of it just depends on why...it's probably a better idea to find something that interests her specifically. All women don't like the same things. I would recommend buying quality though...some cheap toys smell badly, have rough edges, and don't last very long.

This sounds like such a nice idea...I've never heard about it before. Even if there's no demonstration or whatever (which would be a bit awkward for those who are not comfortable with watching someone else use it), the fact that one can just handle the toys in a nonthreatening atmosphere (as in not a sex shop) and make a decision there is a great idea.

wicked woman said:
Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over

LOL, I just had to tell you how beautiful it was to see this quote again. I had it as a bumper sticker for years and seeing it again has brought back some pleasant memories.:)

Catalina:rose:

Originally posted by catalina_francisco
LOL, I just had to tell you how beautiful it was to see this quote again. I had it as a bumper sticker for years and seeing it again has brought back some pleasant memories.:)

Catalina:rose:

Glad I could help bring back pleasant memories. :)

*I have sig lines turned off so forget it's there...so thanks for reminding me too*

Zergplex Says

College_geek said:
This sounds like such a nice idea...I've never heard about it before. Even if there's no demonstration or whatever (which would be a bit awkward for those who are not comfortable with watching someone else use it), the fact that one can just handle the toys in a nonthreatening atmosphere (as in not a sex shop) and make a decision there is a great idea.

I think the reason we havn't heard about it love is that there is a law against things like that in our state. I know I heard about it somewhere... time to look into it ^_^

-Zergplex

Well I don't think it's illegal in our state since she has been invited to a party for next week and the person having the party would not break the law.

The last time I heard it make any big news was a gal who hosted parties/sold products to couples was arrested for various indecency laws or something in a small Texas town. They had undercover narc cops posing as a couple bust her.

Made the rounds on various news websites and IIRC, I caught it briefly on tv somewhere. Probably the Daily show or tough crowd if I think about it.

Hexxed said:
The last time I heard it make any big news was a gal who hosted parties/sold products to couples was arrested for various indecency laws or something in a small Texas town. They had undercover narc cops posing as a couple bust her.

Made the rounds on various news websites and IIRC, I caught it briefly on tv somewhere. Probably the Daily show or tough crowd if I think about it.
That would make sense because Texas and Georgia have it illegal to sell sex toys. I don't know if they can arrest you for possessing one...I wouldn't doubt it...but I think the only way for you to obtain one if you live there is the internet.

CutieMouse said:
Nope- you can purchase sex toys in Texas- as long as they have a HUGE sticker on them saying "Novilty Item/Personal Massager/Gag gift/Cake Topper".
"Cake topper"? Well now I've heard of everything!

Up here they have couples parties and singles parties.
The person doing the demo usually goes into her speal then tells everyone that when you are ready to order to meet up with her in a different room, usually one with a door. The bags are usually dark so nothing shows through when you do purchase something.

They not only have toys but oils, honey powders, clothing, massage creams, etc.

I would go with her, or call the hostess and tell her you cant make it but would gladly host a party, this usually gives the person you book from, free stuff or credit towards a purchase.

You can look at the stuff, and then slip out of the room to discuss what you want to buy and what she would like to use. Then go order what you decide on, it isnt so bad, just dont go to one with your Moms friends- thats just an odd situation, trust me Im speaking from experience! lol
Cealy

ok this is what I would do

For the record I have a conservative wife too. If you think that there is just a hint of interest from your wife. Call the hostes of the party. Tell her that your wife can not make it on that night. Then suggest to the hostes that she call your wife to see if she is coming to the party when your wife says "no I can't make that date" have the hostess offer a "private veiwing" of the merchandise, if she is interested. This will give her a chance to see the items and not have to be embarassed in front of some ppl that she may or maynot know.

Good luck

Holden

Something really strange about these parties: once women get to them, they really do open up. A bit part is the hostess. Normally, it is understood that everyone might be a little nervous and hesitant. After all, which woman wants to buy that 14" dong that's 5" around? OMG! Too embarassing!

Usually the hostess will start off with some really funny gag stuff - penis suckers or stuff that she can easily hand out to everyone there. Women start laughing, the jokes start flying, and before you know it, it really is like being at a Tuperware party.

Ordering is done very discretely. Customer orders are taken separately and privately. The object is to make the customer feel that it's okay to order, that she isn't a freak. Typically, seeing other women looking and handling some of these items somehow makes them less of a "guy" thing. More womanly and not so bad.

If your wife can't make it to the party, sometimes a hostess will give her a copy of a catalogue for her to order at her leisure. However, without the presentation, and without the acknowledgment of other women saying it's okay, I doubt she will order anything. She may even refuse the catalogue.

I worked for a company in the UK called Ann Summers, they held parties in peoples homes just as you describe...

They can be a real giggle..

Oh and I got 30% discount, which came in mighty handy ;)

I was pretty hesitant about going to my first one a few years back but I can honestly say that there's nothing embarrasing about them and in fact she may be able to find something she'ds love there that she might be to shy to go toa sex shoppe and see.

Ours was as Chele said an awful lot like a tupperware party, or any home sale party for that matter. The women there were all of similar ages and backgrounds to me and so I didn't feel out of place at all. We started with some lotions and massage oils which we all got to try out with a few sample packs and then we moved on to some " playful" less threatening toys. Feathers, furry cuffs, sex dice and candles. From there she displayed a few items of racy lingerie, crotchless panties, edible undies, and the sort. By then we'd all been drinking our wine and joking with each other, relaxing and enjoying the company so we weren't as unnerved when she began bringing out the vibes and dildos to show everyone. The woman who did the demo's was very knowledgeable and she was great at putting everyone at ease without breaking into man bashing dick jokes.
When it came time to order we were called one at a time into the hostesses kitchen which was away from the rest of the party and given a chance to place our orders. We had the option of either picking our merchandise up from the saleswoman when they arrived or we could have it shipped to us in plain brown paper wrapping. No muss, no fuss. We then drew for door prizes, mostly silly stuff, cock shaped suckers, lotion and lube samples and the sort and headed for home.

I would recommend it as a good non- threatening introduction to sex toys and their use and purchase. If the wife can;t make this one ask the hostess when there will be another in your area and see if she can make that one instead.

My freind hosted one and it was a lot of fun.

At hers, everyone was given a folder with an order sheet in it, so you could check off anything you were interested in descretely and then hand it in.

My roommates and I had one late last year. Most of the girls that attended were of college age or a little older and it wasn't uncomfortable at all seeing as many of the girls had already been to one or two sex toy parties before. This was my first and while it may be a little uncomfortable at the beginning of the party the host has some games to break the ice and starts out slow with lotions and lubricants and then works her way up to the vibrators, so it's a slow progression which helps as well.

The information given about each item and being able to see and hold the sex toys helped imensely with my buying decision.

Opportunity

This sounds like the perfect opportunity to introduce toys to our sex life, I gotta get her to a party!
How do you go about getting invited to one? Since she missed this one can she find another one? Wouldn't she have more fun if it were a party with all friends? or can she find one and go with just one fun?
Sounds great!

Re: Opportunity

Cardinal said:
This sounds like the perfect opportunity to introduce toys to our sex life, I gotta get her to a party!
How do you go about getting invited to one? Since she missed this one can she find another one? Wouldn't she have more fun if it were a party with all friends? or can she find one and go with just one fun?
Sounds great!

Cardinal! You crack me up! These parties are not like going to a nightclub or something! The best opportunity is to have a woman's friends around her. These parties really do no good if one is surrounded by strangers. Seeing your friends helps you realize that what you would normally consider "too naughty" can really be silly or fun. Also, a woman can relax more around her friends.

How to get her to a party? Why not have her host one? The way these things work is that the person giving the party looks for hostesses - women willing to invite friends to a party where the seller can show her products and sell them. The hostess, for her time and gracious use of her home, is given X amount of merchandise for each increment in sales. Say, your wife might get $40 dollars worth of merchandise if the attendees collectively purchase $200 in product.

If you can, talk to the hostess of the party she missed and ask her if she might talk to your wife about hosting a party. It may not work, however. But who knows? She may give it a shot - especially if the hostess from the last party lets her know how much fun they had!

Thanks Sexy - I love the idea of her hosting the party. I would even do all of the work to get it done because the idea really turns me on! How many women does it take to have a party?
This is Awesome! I hope it works out

Back