A question for the ladies. A friend needs help.

Billr26

Literotica Guru
Hey gang,

A friend of mine is looking at buying her first toy. As a male, I can only advise her with what I have heard from other women. Given the huge variety of toys out there, she is not sure what she wants.

Can you ladies of Lit help her out? She will be subscribing to the thread so that she can read your answers.

Thanks guys,

Bill

Vibe, vibe, vibe!! A big dildo may be visually appealing, and fun, but you want something that provides direct clitoral stimulation. A rabbit, perhaps.

all depends on what she wants it for.

Is she wanting clitoral stimulation? Does she plan on using it for insertion? Would she like something she can share with her partner? Does she want something that feels real or is she OK with something that is obviously artificial?

I always recommend starting out with a bullet vibe and going up from there. I also recommend the gel or silicone dildos over plastic ones. A bit more pricey and they can be more of a pain to clean, but for me the realistic feel is much better.

Just my .02.

Hubby brought something home for me the other day, or should I say for both of us?

Its a vibrating dildo, it has this piece of silicone that makes a loop on one side big enough to fit a penis or dildo in.

I tried something the other night that was alot of fun. I slipped it over his penis with the vibrating part at the top of his. I slid down on both him and the vibrator, he loved it, I loved it, but also got out the wand to add more to the event.

Just some info to concider, I never liked vibrators before but the two new ones he picked up are really good.
Have fun
Cealy

ooo

Tell her to check out a site callled blowfish (www.blowfish.com)

They have everything under the sun, and good reviews of each toy's particular good points and quirks. Happy shopping! I love my little bullet vibe, the boyfriend likes it, too, but I also like my acrylic toy... want a second one but I'm not sure what yet.

I like the combination packages. You can find them virtually anywhere.

For example...A run-of-the-mill vibrator, but one that comes packaged with two or three different cyberskin 'sleeves' that fit over it, turning it instantly into...voila...a dildo! :)

I have purchased a few of these over the years, and for versatility and more 'bang for your buck', so to speak, the combo packs are great. :)

S.

I agree with Sheath the combo packs are good. She may want to try looking at adameve.com, I've never had any problems from them. The rabbit is a good toy for people new to sex toys, has the clit stimulation and insertion is possible too. :D

Mskey said:
I also recommend the gel or silicone dildos over plastic ones. A bit more pricey and they can be more of a pain to clean, but for me the realistic feel is much better.

Just my .02.

I was also going to recomend this. I don't accually have any silicone yet, but I am finding that the hard plastic or metalic vibes are *not* what I want. I would love to try one of those jelly filled double headed thingies:)

For a first vibrator I don't think you can not beat a bullet/egg. Apocket rocket is not bad either. Once she has had some time to use it and understand what she realy wants/needs then she can start looking for different vibs. I agree the sillicone dildos are wel worth the extra expense. Look around blowfish.com is a good place to start. Try as many different thing as possible to find the best, and the best thing about it is it's a lot more fun then trying on shoes.

I agree with depends on what she wants it for

I'd suggest she think a bit about how she's most pleasured both on her own and with a partner and what type of stimulation is most appealing to her. For example I bought the rabbit thing (which lots of my friends love) and didn't find it helpful at all personally because it didn't hit me right for the clitoral stimulation to be effective and didn't penetrate deep enough to provide successful vaginal stimulation. Everybody is different and it is true I found it a bit frustrating to spend not a massive amount but a fair piece of change on a toy that I've never ended up using and it's not like that's something you regift or whatever LOL. That's something I didn't do was think about "what is I do that most pleasures me and what toy mimics or enhances that?" if I had I probably would have been closer to what worked for me on a first purchase.

the store i went to didnt have much to offer, and so i got a dildo that looked ok... the problem was that it was plastic (horrible) and it was too big for me (even worse)... dont buy something that is cheap, make sure that it is high quality and not too big. plus, getting one that can be used in water is neat (for baths, showers, and easier to clean!).
:rose:

From experience I suggest a pair of Ben Wa Balls,that way she could find out if likes having something up there besides her honey..

sweetnpetite said:
I was also going to recomend this. I don't accually have any silicone yet, but I am finding that the hard plastic or metalic vibes are *not* what I want. I would love to try one of those jelly filled double headed thingies:)

I agree the bullet does nothing for me. Except frustrate the hell out of me.

Back