Make time...

Hotred911

Literotica Guru
To all the wonderful folks here on lit...how do you make time to be with your SO?

My husband and I have two small children, ages 4 and 17 months. He also works nights. So, it's hard to find time to be alone together to do all those great adult things.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

I played hookie from work today to spend it with her. Our kids are older and in school, so we got to spend the day together. I was great.

With babies, I don't know. Do they sleep through the night? Nookie might still be an option then once in a while....

Good luck

Make sure Hubby is awake during kids' nap time.
Otherwise, like Relentless said, take a day off just to be together. Do you have anyone to watch kids for several hours - maybe family member?

I remember those days - patience is the key!:)

I hope for the best!!

I don't anymore. But...

That's why god invented grandparents, no? Gives 'em a chance to spoil them for you, gives you a chance to get away.

Otherwise, you're gonna be waiting a long time till they go to camp. You don't think parents send kids to camp *just* for the kids, do you? :D

As far as the work... Play hookie. It's ok to be (cough) sick once in a while, right?

I don't have a significant other. But, following any of the ideas the two previous posters gave you is a surefire way to enjoy some quality time with your SO.

Hotred911 said:
To all the wonderful folks here on lit...how do you make time to be with your SO?

My husband and I have two small children, ages 4 and 17 months. He also works nights. So, it's hard to find time to be alone together to do all those great adult things.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Nap time is your friend.

I'm sure he doesn't work 7 nights a week, does he? If not, then make sure you work hard wearing the kids out on the nights he is off so that you can get them to bed early and not have to worry about them waking up during your "play" time.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I forgot to mention that I'm in school part-time(nights), M-T. His nights off are Tuesday and Wednesday. I've already missed way more than school than I would have liked, but that's the price I pay to spend time with him. He's still fairly new to his job(6 months), and is working towards a managers position, so him missing work would look bad for him.

Nap time is a bit hard since our son has decided he doesn't need naps anymore. Now that it's getting warmer out though, it might be easier to wear him out since we can go to the park more often.

Again, thanks for the ideas...any more are very welcome.

Our days of having little ones around is over, what we used to do was this. We made it our business to have one evening a week to get out. I don't care if it was for an hour, make that time to have some grown up fun. The best time was around 8pm, we'd get the kids ready for bed, the babysitter would show up, we would go out for a few hours, we'd get home, the kids would be in bed, we'd have some fun at home. It is possible, just requires more planning.

Is there another mother that you trust and can trade off childcare sessions with from time to time, say once a week?

Tonight and Lou, thanks for the suggestions.

We do try to get out as much as possible, but with his nights off being Tuesday and Wednesday, and me being in school till 11 those nights, it's hard to find a sitter. Hopefully when I'm done with school this will be easier.

A few of the guys my husband works with have kids, so I see if he can find out if they're interested in doing a trade off. Good idea, thanks.

they're both at home, or is one of them in preschool?

how about breakfast with hubby, or lunch breaks... a walk in a park or around the neighbor hood while the kiddies are at a playmates house or at grammy's is good?

even for an hour or so is nice, every minute counts :)

BlueSugar said:
they're both at home, or is one of them in preschool?

how about breakfast with hubby, or lunch breaks... a walk in a park or around the neighbor hood while the kiddies are at a playmates house or at grammy's is good?

even for an hour or so is nice, every minute counts :)

They are both at home. We'd love to get them in daycare/preschool so I can get a job while still going to school, but since a bad incident at a church daycare I've become much more picky about where I'll leave our kids. That said, the only place around here I approve of would cost us approximately $300 a week. Making any job I get right now pretty pointless.

The walk is a good idea. Hopefully it'll be something we can start here soon. Of course the kids would be with us, but it'd be good exercise, and give us more quality time than doing things around the house would.

Hotred911, got grandparents in the area? If not, then it would be worth paying a babysitter for the kids to spend a night out somewhere.
Be patient, once they get into school it'll be easier. Once that happened, my SO and I would take a day off from work in the middle of the week and have a sex day. GREAT fun - and very hedonistic. Well worth burning a vacation day or two.

he works nights...
you school nights...

so what's the problem with making mornings that 'special' time? or afternoons?

instead of getting a sitter for evenings - see if you can find one who'll do perhaps 2 mornings/afternoons a week?
maybe even a sitter who looks after kids at their place, leaving you free to have time with your SO at your place?

of course, the key here is to make sure you use that time for the two of you, instead of catching up on all the 'other' stuff you never seem to get around to when you have kids.

my schedule was something like this when my 3 kids were young -
9am get the kids in the car and drop them off at the sitter's
9-25am arrive back home
9-20am clothes off on the way into the house
9-22am into bed/onto sofa/up on kitchen bench
~~~~UNINTERUPTED PLAY TIME~~~~
11am arrive back at sitters to pick up the kids

:D

Back