2005 Survivor Literotica Contest: Rules and Registration

Lauren Hynde

Hitched
Official 2005 Survivor Literotica Contest Rules

Entering the Contest
  • You may enter the contest any time before Midnight Pacific Standard Time December 29, 2005.
  • You may officially enter by pressing "Post Reply" in this thread and giving notice of your intention to participate. You will be notified via Private Message (PM) once your scoring thread has been created, and you may begin tracking your scores immediately after.
  • You must enter the contest in order to be eligible for prizes.

Eligibility
  • Open to all persons over the age of 18, where legal.
  • Entrants found infringing copyright or cheating will be automatically disqualified.
  • Literotica reserves the right to disqualify entrants for cause at any time without notice.

Objective
  • To write as many new and original stories in as many different categories listed on the main story index in the course of the year as possible.

Winning the Contest
  • The participant with the most points wins!
  • Ties will break in favour of:
    1. the participant with more categories with at least one submission or immunity;
    2. the participant with more categories with at least 10 submissions;
    3. the participant with more submissions entered in the contest.
  • Winners to be announced shortly after 1/5/2006
Prizes
Top Survivor...............$500
2nd Place Survivor.........$250
3rd Place Survivor.........$200
4th Place Survivor.........$150
5th Place Survivor.........$100
6th-15th Place Survivors...$25 Amazon.com gift certificate

Scoring

Stories
  • First story posted in each category: 3 points
  • Each successive story posted in each category: 1 point
  • There is no limit for additional stories eligible to receive points.
Poems
  • First poem posted in each category: 3 points
  • Each successive poem in each category: 1 point
  • There is a cap of 10 poems per poetry category eligible to earn points.
Bonuses
  • For 10 categories filled: 5 points
  • For 20 categories filled: 10 points
  • For 30 categories filled: 15 points
  • For all categories filled: 30 points
  • For 10 stories in one category (each category eligible for one bonus): 5 points
Immunities
  • Weekly immunity: 2 points
Your Scorecard
  • All entrants will have a scorecard thread created in the Survivor contest forum for the purposes of tracking scores upon entering.
  • Official ScoreCard Threads will be the basis for judging the winners of the contest.
  • See the rules concerning Scoring below.

Rules

Stories and Poems
  1. Stories and poems must be accepted and posted at Literotica.
  2. Literotica reserves the right to reject a submission at any time. Entrance in the contest does not guarantee publication.
  3. Only stories and poems with posting dates on or between 1/2/2005 and 1/1/2006 are eligible for the contest.
  4. Contest entries submitted after 12/20/2005 must be clearly marked SURVIVOR CONTEST in the notes field for the editor. Failure to comply may result in stories not being posted in time for the contest.
  5. Multipart stories are posted one a day by Literotica rules. If you wish all parts to be entered into the contest, please make sure that you submit them to the site early enough for Literotica to publish them by 1/1/2006.
  6. Stories and poems used for points in previous Survivor Contests may not be used for points in 2005. Stories and poems that win or are entered in other Literotica contests are eligible for points in Survivor.
  7. Each story or poem must be original work from the entrant for points to be awarded. Stories and poems that had already been posted at Literotica.com, as well as translated, illustrated, narrated, transcribed or templated versions of submissions already entered in the contest are not eligible for points.

8. Audio stories and poems: All audio stories must be 750 words or more to be eligible for the contest. There is no minimum length for poetry submissions. The accompanying text must be an accurate transcript of the submitted audio, and must be posted in the Text With Audio or Poetry With Audio categories as applicable. See Audio Story FAQ for information on submitting work.

9. Illustrated stories and poems: All illustrated stories must be 750 words or more to be eligible for the contest. There is no minimum length for poetry submissions. All submissions, including the illustrations, must be original work of the entrant, i.e. photographs taken, or drawings or paintings created by the entrant. The use of royalty-free and/or public domain images will make a submission ineligible for points. See Illustrated Story FAQ for information on submitting work.

10. Non-English stories and poems: Submissions in all languages are eligible for the contest and must be posted in the corresponding categories as applicable. There will not be a specific non-English category in the scoreboards. All submissions must be original work of the entrant, and subsequent translations in any language are not eligible for points.

11. Chain Stories must comply with Literotica guidelines. See Chain Story FAQ for more information.
  12. If a new category is created in the course of the year, it will be added to the contest.
Immunities
  1. Immunity points are awarded on a weekly basis.
  2. There is no requirement to participate in Immunities. An entrant may forego all Immunity activity.
  3. Immunities must be posted in an official immunity thread. Posts in any other threads will not be eligible for points.
  4. Immunities are won based on the weekly Wednesday Lottery available here: http://lottery.merseyworld.com/
  5. Entrants can select a single number between 1 and 49. The selected number must be posted by the entrant prior to 7:30 PM GMT on Wednesday for the number to be consider for that day's draw. That is 7:30 PM in London on Wednesday. For the timezone illiterate: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html
  6. Immunity will be awarded if entrant's guess matches any one of the winning numbers or the bonus ball listed at the top of the page at http://lottery.merseyworld.com/
  7. Immunity points must be used by 7:30 PM GMT on the following Wednesday.
  8. Immunity points are only available for use in a category that has not been filled by a story or poem. For example, if you do not want to write an Incest/Taboo story, use your immunity in that category.
  9. Immunities will disqualify any future story from that category. Once the immunity is posted, that category is closed to submissions.
  10. If you've won an immunity, the first thing to do is make a post in the official immunity thread corresponding to that month (and only that thread) that you've won an immunity and which category you will use it for. This is the only way you will earn the immunity.
  11. Do not edit the post after 7:30 PM GMT on Wednesday. If you do so, your immunity will be invalidated. This post is the only way we have to verify the immunity and the category you choose.
  12. When an immunity is scored in your scorecard, please list the date the immunity was won and the category it fills. For example, if you win an immunity on the first of January, please list it: Immunity 1/1/2005.
Scoring
  1. Stories must be published at Literotica in order to earn points. Stories that are pending review or in submission do not count for points in the contest.
  2. Each contest will have his or her own Scorecard thread to keep track of scoring.
  3. Entrants must track immunities as soon as they elect to use their immunity.
  4. It is the entrant's responsibility to accurately track story scores, immunities, and bonus points.
  5. Entrants are encouraged, but not required, to track their points regularly and maintain their ScoreCards updated at the end of each month.
  6. If an entrant wishes to, he or she may notify the moderator via PM to update the scoreboard thread whenever his or her scores have been updated.
  7. Entrants have until midnight Pacific Standard Time on 1/4/2006 to make any changes to prior month scores. Winners will be announced shortly after.
  8. Scoring is subject to random checks by the moderator without notice for purposes of quality control.
Miscellany
  1. All entrants will be responsible for tracking their own progress through the Contest.
  2. Entrants and winners retain copyright to all works submitted.
  3. Sections 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 of Official Monthly Contest Rules apply.
  4. Plagiarism or Cheating will result in expulsion from the Contest and potentially other actions taken by Literotica.
  5. Rules are subject to change without notice.
  6. Questions should be directed to the moderators: jthserra and Lauren Hynde. You may privately contact the moderators at any time by pressing the PM button beneath any of their posts.
  7. Questions may be directed to the webmaster at contests@literotica.com. Questions may be referred to the moderators.
  8. This contest is sponsored by Literotica.com. Literotica.com claims no liability in the administration of this contest.

Notice:
Please do not request immunity numbers in this thread. They will not count. All immunities must be dealt with in official immunity threads. Thanks!

Last edited:
jumping up and down and waving hand madly in the airOoh ohh! Pick me please, pick me!

I mean, I would like to try the contest this year, please. I already have my immunity number picked out.

I dropped out of the race last year due to personal problems, but would like to try again this year.

Please include me, with the immunity number 17.

Thank you, and may the muses be with us all.

I also want to enter again this year. Last year, I virtually stopped writing in July, for divers reasons, but I hope I won't have that problem this year. If I pick my immunity number here, it will be 32 again.:)

It might be too late

I really think that some line of scoring needs to come into play. I watched carefully this year and no offense to anyone but the mass producers stories really were suffering in my own thoughts.

I am not trying to start arguements or piss anyone off, just stating something that I know doesn't get mentioned a lot. That said it may be noticed that I didn't submit much at all this year. I have nearly, well let's just say I'll reclaim the title and I doubt I will submit a thing for a while yet. I stocked up a whole lot of stories but went back and fixed errors and edited them.

Please, for the love of all things sacred, can't we find a way to make the quantity have a little quality to it. I refuse to single any one person out, some did produce a lot of stories that were on the whole really good.

Can't we make the stories have a minimum of something simple like a three point rating after say a month of being posted. I know there will be disputes over this but anyone can type the minimum words per story and submit them. Hell I could do one a day at that rate. Most people could.

Just a thought, if I offended anyone here, I offer two things my apologies, and a sense of fucking humor HA.

That's why I didn't single anyone out, because to be fair I didn't read a lot of the authors, I picked out a few and watched them all year.

Anyway, Count me in and I'll take 5 as my immunity number

I too would like to enter, maybe this willo force me to write more, hehe. If I can choose an immunity #, I would like 8. Posted on Immunity thread, thanks Sexxy Vixen.

Last edited:
Okay, Lauren, I'll give it a shot this year. Nothing to lose, really, so why not, right?

Will post my immunity number in the appropriate thread.

:kiss:

I would love to join as well! I've already posted on that "immunity" thread to give it a try as well! :)

~Toy :kiss:

Joining for 2005

I'll try it again. <insert diety here> knows I could use anything that might be a motivating force these days...hehehe <g>

Sounds like fun and...

It would be good to venture out of my typical categories. Let the games begin...

I wanna play too!

I am still knida new to this site and story writing for that matter. But I seem to have jumped into it with both feet. I have several stories ready to submit, but was unsure of how many I am allowed. Apparently, there's no limit; So look out!!!

xoxoxo

I would like to be entered!!

Sounds like an awesome way to get people involved!

Oh yeah, I look forward to reading some great stuff!!

she_is_my_addiction said:
What's the immunity number for??? I read it but I cant understand it? :confused:
Every week there is a draw. If your number is drawn, you win an immunity. You can use it in any category.

If you don't want to write an incest story, for example, you can use your immunity for it; if you do that, you only need to write stories in 9 other categories to win the 10-categories' bonus.

Does that make sense? :D

You must choose your immunity number in an immunity thread such as this one.

And I assume that by posting here, you're officially entering the contest? :D

Back