How does the cervix play into the Big O?

dollface007

Literotica Guru
In regard to achieving orgasm through penetration, a couple of people on this board have mentioned that the vagina has no nerve endings past the first inch or so and have, therefore, implied you can't feel anything more than a couple inches into the vagina. This is a bit misleading, because your cervix DOES have nerve endings and CAN contribute to orgasm. I personally think that cervical stimulation is one of the best feelings involved with sex and penetration. This is why i, as i have mentioned in earlier posts, that softer, slower sex might not bring you to a strictly-penetration-orgasm. A hard pounding on the cervix can induce a really strong orgasm.

Let me know if you find this is true/not true for you. I'll be interested to hear how both men and women are incorporating the cervix into sex.

For me, hitting the cervix does nothing but cause sharp pain. It definitely doesn't contribute to my vaginal orgasms, but it can sure stop a good one cold in its tracks.

I remember seeing a documentary on the cervix and the orgasm. A camera was placed in the vagina in such a way that you could actually watch the ejaculation from the man, the seminal fluid and the action of the cervix during the woman's orgasm. The cervix would contract and lengthen, actually dipping into the seminal fluid and drawing it up into the uterus. It was amazing to see! It made me appreciate how finely tuned our bodies are for procreation, not to mention recreation!

OK, back to your regularly scheduled thread. :D

I dont think its your cervix that is feeling good...maybe it is....but i know when it gets hit...PAINNNN

luvinit...I saw that...something about human attraction? If not that then it was something similar...it was very cool!

Well, I'm certainly not making it up, and i DO know where my cervix is, Lovechild. :) Everyone's body is different.

I found this quote from on sexualhealth.com:
"Orgasm from cervical stimulation has been documented in laboratory settings, as has orgasm from imagery alone, G spot stimulation, clitoral stimulation, and from stimulation of non-genital areas. " - Beverly Whipple, PhD, RN

here's the exact link:
http://www.sexualhealth.com/questions/read.cfm?ID=442

you can also google "cervical stimulation" and come up with some more technical articles about it.

BTW, I also saw that documentary. Quite a view!! If it's the same one, they obsured the head of the penis so that it was all blurry. I thought that was so funny!!

i'm sorry, i wasn't being mean-spirited. I was only saying that i know where the feeling is coming from, and it's definitely my cervix.

i am going to comment here, and please read all of this. Just as men are built different so are women. If you have a partner who is built enough to be able to actually enter the cervix, it is one of the most intense orgasms that I have ever experienced.

The problem is that most people don't realize that the cervix can be manually dilated. The cervix itself is loaded with nerve endings and you can feel each little twitch of your partner.

You do not bang away at it. It is a very slow steady pressure while at the same time doing other things to increase her state of arousal that will cause the cervix to open up and allow him in.

It also helps if you have a partner that has some experience at this, expecially the first time.

Native Alien said:
i am going to comment here, and please read all of this. Just as men are built different so are women. If you have a partner who is built enough to be able to actually enter the cervix, it is one of the most intense orgasms that I have ever experienced.

The problem is that most people don't realize that the cervix can be manually dilated. The cervix itself is loaded with nerve endings and you can feel each little twitch of your partner.

You do not bang away at it. It is a very slow steady pressure while at the same time doing other things to increase her state of arousal that will cause the cervix to open up and allow him in.

It also helps if you have a partner that has some experience at this, expecially the first time.

I started a thread on this a while back, because I thought that is was possible...I thought my boyfriend was reaching that far, and sure enough, I still think he was.

The orgasms when he is that deep are absolutely stunning. Mind-blowing. Incredible. Glorious. You get the idea.

It feels WONDERFUL. :D

S.

I have a tilted uterus, and I have asked my OB/GYN about this twice now, and she says that it is perfectly possible for orgasms to cause the cervix to dilate enough to allow a man's cock into it and that the bleeding would be minimal if this happened.

She also says that she knows several women who have had this happen and they all tell her about the most mind-blowing orgasms that they have ever had as a result.

Wow! when i first posted this i hadn't even THOUGHT of cervical penetration.
Thanks for the contributions, and especially to Sheath for the link - it answered alot of questions. I wish i had done a search on it a long time ago.
I'm not sure if i am ready or built for penetration of the cervix. There is definitely a thin line between pleasure and pain. It's interesting that people know/are told so little about the cervix in general and how it plays into orgasm.

Aren't our bodies amazing????

I had a couple of girl friends say that I was (uncomfortably) hitting their cervix when I'm 99% sure I was hitting the back will of their vagina.

Their cervix was forward enough so that I could run my finger tip around it, demonstrating that the vagina extended beyond it on all sides. Doing this caused them no discomfort and one really enjoyed it.

Think of a hot dog shaped balloon (like clowns use) that wasn't blown up completely, leaving a thin tail. Now put your finger on the end of the tail and push it up inside the expanded part of the balloon.

This would be the cervix, with room around it on all sides. There doesn't seem to be any reason one couldn't slide past the cervix into the back wall.

What can hurt is knocking an ovary, with pain allegedly similar to hitting a man's balls. I'm wondering if a lot of "hurt when he hit my cervix" isn't really "he was past my cervix and hit an ovary which hurt".)

Last edited:
Lots of interesting stuff, here. Guess I'll contribute as well....

ReadyOne - as to whether it is the cervix or the back wall, any woman who has had a gyno exam knows the difference. Speculum goes in, expands, and you feel that little...bit...of pressure...right...there - OUCH! Yup, that's it. The OB/GYN got the cervix. That's a pap smear. The Dr takes a culture from the tip of the cervix, not the back wall of the vagina. It doesn't hurt, but it tells us exactly where it is!

Now, a question: how many women here have seen their own cervixes? Can I have a show of hands, please? :) Well, I have. I have medical speculum and a lover once helped me insert it and cranked it open all the way. Then he gave me a mirror and a flashlight to take a peek. Do you know that thing is tighter than your anus? And it's smaller, too.

Okay, question number two. We got lots of mothers here. How many went through labor? How many felt that most intense pain as the cervix was beginning to dialate? Well, unless you had painfree deliveries.

I had a Dialation and Extraction 18 years ago. The Dr needed to get into the cervix. The instrument he needed to get in there would have been smaller than the average-sized penis. Okay, so why did I have to go in the day before to begin dialation? And why was I cramping so badly for most of the night? And why did he have to put me completely under when he was extracting? Seems all he had to do was just get me aroused and BAMO! He could go right in there and do whatever he wanted.

I'll not argue that some women find pressure against their cervix to be pleasurable. We are all different, and that is a good thing. However, I used to use a diaphram for birth control (and still do during my period when I want to have sex), and one of the things I had to check was knowing that the cervix was covered. Touching it, even lightly, was extremely sensitive. No pain, but sensitive almost to the point of startling.

As to the orgasms described in the article posted, it doesn't state that a pounding against the cervix is required. Rather it is the in and out movement of the penis within the vagina. Also, the orgasm is a convulsion of the vaginal walls, the uterus, and the cervix. (Makes sense - the cervix is part of the uterus.

Okay, that's my input...

Wow....awesome stuff in here.....really never gave to much of it any thought! Very intriguing....will have to start a list of questions to ask my doc when I go in for my annual in a few months:)

Alrighty then, some very interesting information that I didn't know. ~~laughing~~ One would think by my age, I'd know some of this stuff. :rolleyes:
I am one of the women who enjoy having my lover's cock hitting my cervex. But..... allow me to say that it is after he has worked me to the point that my body is crying out for more. Its then that I want for him to thrust his cock deep into me and send sensations running through my body. If he does that before my body is ready, well then yes.... it can be quite painful. Its all about timing, I s'pose.
I will say that at certain times of the month, I used to be more sensitive then others, of coarse; but now that I've had my surgery and no longer have that monthly thing to deal with, its one feeling all of the time. :D I can understand why some women wouldn't care for feeling the pain associated with cervex banging.
And as many have stated, we are not all built the same. So.... enjoy what you will and be happy! :)

-kym- Happy with my lot in life :D

Once again, last night on Conan O'Brien, a so-called sexpert mentioned that women have no feeling in the top 2/3rds of their vagina (i can't remember the exact quote...anyone who saw this can help me out). Well, that may be technically true, but again, misleading. Are people saying this just to make men feel better about themselves??? I mean, it's totally true that a man doesn't have to be big to please a woman, but let's not limit women's sexuality to their clitoris and g-spot! We probably have more erogenous zones than we can count (mmmm...ears....;) )!

BTW, I'm not trying to dis on that woman who was on Conan last night b/c she was pretty damn funny!

You're Kidding...

dollface007 said:
Once again, last night on Conan O'Brien, a so-called sexpert mentioned that women have no feeling in the top 2/3rds of their vagina...

No feeling? It is boggling to hear... of course, we are all different and our bodies don't react the same, but for sexperts to make such generalizations, wow. When my man is inside me, I can feel the head of his penis no matter where it is within my vagina. Even between the bottom 1/3 and the cervix. Is this unusual?

Also, at times I can take a severe cervical beating and it feels absolutely wonderful, other times I'd like to kick someone for getting near it.

It was always my contention that nothing could enter the cervix without the aid of a doctor and his tools. I have heard of women accidentally leaving in a tampon and having sex, yet have never heard of one getting shoved up into the cervical opening.

Happy day,
Lascivious Wanton

Before I write anything please note that I am not a "sexpert" nor am I even involved in the medical field. But I have done a good deal of studying and self-experiementing.

When a penis is inserted, I feel the pressure and the fullness. I can feel him sliding in and out, but mostly because of the nerves in the lower vagina.

If the vagina had the same nerve endings as the lower part, or even the clit, childbirth would be almost unbearable. As it is, the most uncomfortable part of childbirth is the dialation of the cervix. Take that and add to it feeling in the vagina, and most women would never get pregnant!

The cervix indeed does have nerve endings - many of them. I had a small cyst that needed to be removed, and the Dr told me it was so small he might as well just do it then and there (during my annual exam) since there was no reason to fuss about it. He told me I might feel a slight sting. DAMN! That mutha fuckin' HURT!

If you are able to insert your fingers deep enough, and you have long nails, try to lightly scrap the upper inside of your vagina and see what happens. Maybe each woman is different, but when I do this, I can feel my fingers inside and I can feel pressure, but I don't feel the actual scrapping.

When I finger my girlfriend, I can usually get deep enough inside that I can touch around the cervix. In fact, when she has an orgasm, it is usually because of the cervical stimulation. I tend not to touch it right in the middle, but insead circle around it, hitting her back walls. The one thing that gives her IMMENSE pleasure is getting as deep as I can with my index finger, and flicking her cervix in a semi-circle, while thrusting my middle finger back and forth, stimulating her G-spot. Mmmmm. But yeah, she's never complained about pain from her cervix.

1.21 jigawatts said:
When I finger my girlfriend, I can usually get deep enough inside that I can touch around the cervix. In fact, when she has an orgasm, it is usually because of the cervical stimulation. I tend not to touch it right in the middle, but insead circle around it, hitting her back walls. The one thing that gives her IMMENSE pleasure is getting as deep as I can with my index finger, and flicking her cervix in a semi-circle, while thrusting my middle finger back and forth, stimulating her G-spot. Mmmmm. But yeah, she's never complained about pain from her cervix.

I am surprised you can accomplish so much with finger play. Am I wrong to assume she has a short vagina? And then, does she never complain of any discomfort from intense intercourse at all?

Happy day... oops, happy night,
Lascivious Wanton

Wantonica said:
I am surprised you can accomplish so much with finger play. Am I wrong to assume she has a short vagina? And then, does she never complain of any discomfort from intense intercourse at all?

Happy day... oops, happy night,
Lascivious Wanton

Yeah, she does have a short vagina.....And we haven't had intercourse yet, so.....I don't know. But do you think the her shortness will make her enjoy it less?

Back