For Victoria

I'm starting this thread not even sure if they will let it stay here. Maybe if we put some pics on it would be ok.
Victoria is a wonderful person and deserves her own place here.
She is going through a very stressful time and i thought this could be a place where we could all show our support and how important to us she is. She has posted in both Devilschilds and my thread about what she is going through. So just a kind word or a prayer even a simple rose to show her we are thinking of her. :)

I don't think anybody will move the thread, Kajira, regardless if pics are posted or not.

Victoria, be strong my dear, I'm not all that good with words as you are, but you know I care.

:rose:

Kajira Callista said:
I'm starting this thread not even sure if they will let it stay here. Maybe if we put some pics on it would be ok.
Victoria is a wonderful person and deserves her own place here.
She is going through a very stressful time and i thought this could be a place where we could all show our support and how important to us she is. She has posted in both Devilschilds and my thread about what she is going through. So just a kind word or a prayer even a simple rose to show her we are thinking of her. :)

My Dear Sweet Silky Shadow:

This is most unexpected; and such a thoughtful, loving, and kind gesture ... that I am at a loss for words... you have reduced me to tears.

I would be both honoured and pleased if you or any of the other friends I have made would like to post pics on here.

This means so much more than my poor inadequate words can express. :kiss:

UPDATE #!:
It is now going on, or close to, 11:30a.m. here and mother is in surgery as I write. I was feeling quezy ~ didn't have time for breakfast... again ~ and had to fly getting dressed and down to hospital before they moved her to pre-op @ 08:30... her surgeon told me to come home for a while and he would call when done.

She has a standing DNR order... should there be any unseen complications. That DNR order is in effect for the surgery... I am hoping there will no unforeseen complications...

As DevilsChild and Kajira... and those who have their own threads have done, and do, on theirs... I will do my best to reply to those who post. Under the current circumstances... please bear with me and forgive me if I don't make a reply right away.

I am cameraless so I can not post pics to you all... but any you want to put here... will be most welcome... as will your words, thoughts, prayers... whatever.

Any and all are welcome!! :)

ran57gr said:
I don't think anybody will move the thread, Kajira, regardless if pics are posted or not.

Victoria, be strong my dear, I'm not all that good with words as you are, but you know I care.

Merci beaucoup, Ma Petit...

it matters not whether one is good with words or not... it is the thoughts expressed... and the sentiment behind them that matter. You are always welcome here Rania! :)

*places the rose into the vase with the other one*

Kajira Callista said:
go rest till the doctor calls

UPDATE #2:

She has just gone into recovery... didn't encounter anything unforeseen. She will be there at least another hour to 1.5 hrs. ~ she is still in restraints...

I am cold and shaking, so i'm going back to bed. i will go down to her when she is back in her room.

Thank you all ~ again...

{{{Victoria}}} You and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers. Forgive me for not posting sooner, I just saw this thread and I needed to post.

You are a special woman Victoria, one I'm proud to call friend. Don't forget to eat and try to sleep. You still must take care of you. Your mother is in good hands.

:kiss: on our cheek

:rose: x 12 for you
:rose: x 12 for your mother

Last edited:
Take your time and get some rest. She'll probably be very sleepy for most of today. Tomorrow physical therapy will likely help her get up for the first time. Fair warning: getting up for the first time is really rough, but don't get discouraged--it gets much better.

Hugs to you, take care, and keep us posted. :)

MistyBluEyes said:
{{{Victoria}}} You and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers. Forgive me for not posting sooner, I just saw this thread and I needed to post.

You are a special woman Victoria, one I'm proud to call friend. Don't forget to eat and try to sleep. You still must take care of you. Your mother is in good hands.

:kiss: on our cheek

:rose: x 12 for you
:rose: x 12 for your mother

Thank you MistyBluE lass... There is no need to forgive you for not posting sooner... ya could na ha'e posted all that much earlier, my friend... ;) Kajira (Silky) made this for me this morning... and I love it!!

I do appreciate your thoughts and kind words... believe me. I know Mum is in good hands... but, i must confess, after sitting in pre-op this morning and waiting... the nerves of the last month came back... full force; and the stomach has rejected anything and everything today :( Sleep is a non-luxury at present... *sighs and :rolleyes: * Maybe this weeksend I'll sleep.

I thank you for the roses... both for mother and myself... and the kiss on my cheek... *puts all the roses into a big vase for the living room* ;)

:kiss: back to you... and I'm equally as proud to call you friend as well...

Summer_Savory said:
Take your time and get some rest. She'll probably be very sleepy for most of today. Tomorrow physical therapy will likely help her get up for the first time. Fair warning: getting up for the first time is really rough, but don't get discouraged--it gets much better.

Hugs to you, take care, and keep us posted. :)

Summer, Summer, Summer!! I saw your *edited for Victoria's amusement* to your posting in Hell dear lady!:D *lmao* I was hoping you'd do just what you did...

UPDATE #3
She was still in recovery as of an hour ago... the nurse was talking about reassigning her to a SAC unit for tonight and possibly into tomorrow... and not stressing over trying to have mother up on her feet tonight... let that wait until tomorrow.

I will try not to get discouraged... but at present... it's real easy to do... too easy :) ... and i know you know that...

*returning the hugs tightly* i will do my best to take care... thank you again...

What's an SAC unit? (Different hospitals have different terms.)

Don't worry about her getting up tonight. At my hospital we never get people up until the day after joint replacement surgery. They'll put stocking on her that will help prevent DVTs. :)

I thought of some pictures to put on this thread. Well, I already posted them in Hell, but I thought you might enjoy seeing them again.

I have captured pictures of the Elusive Enforcer. Be wary, for he is very fierce.

Tread lightly around him--one false move and he will smite you with his mighty paw.

But like all evil forces, he a twin brother who is his opposite--the source of all goodness and light.

And for those of you who don't know, these are pictures of two of the three kittens my husband and I recently fostered. They all have new homes now. :)

its so tough to keep a clear mind in such situations.

Victoria_2001_02769 said:
Thank you MistyBluE lass... There is no need to forgive you for not posting sooner... ya could na ha'e posted all that much earlier, my friend... ;) Kajira (Silky) made this for me this morning... and I love it!!

I do appreciate your thoughts and kind words... believe me. I know Mum is in good hands... but, i must confess, after sitting in pre-op this morning and waiting... the nerves of the last month came back... full force; and the stomach has rejected anything and everything today :( Sleep is a non-luxury at present... *sighs and :rolleyes: * Maybe this weeksend I'll sleep.

I thank you for the roses... both for mother and myself... and the kiss on my cheek... *puts all the roses into a big vase for the living room* ;)

:kiss: back to you... and I'm equally as proud to call you friend as well...

Don't know you and no reply is needed.
Just thought you could use another rose.

Summer_Savory said:
What's an SAC unit? (Different hospitals have different terms.)

Don't worry about her getting up tonight. At my hospital we never get people up until the day after joint replacement surgery. They'll put stocking on her that will help prevent DVTs. :)

I thought of some pictures to put on this thread. Well, I already posted them in Hell, but I thought you might enjoy seeing them again.

I have captured pictures of the Elusive Enforcer. Be wary, for he is very fierce.

Tread lightly around him--one false move and he will smite you with his mighty paw.

But like all evil forces, he a twin brother who is his opposite--the source of all goodness and light.

And for those of you who don't know, these are pictures of two of the three kittens my husband and I recently fostered. They all have new homes now. :)

SAC: = the only definition i can think of would be Specialized Acute Care(?)

UPDATE #4 She's settled in comfortably... and the DVT sleeve is on. DVT=Deep Vein Trauma (when someone is off their feet for a while ~ there is a worry about blood clots that may break loose (or form - can't recall which) and can then travel to the lungs. These plastic sleeves are air filled and keep the DVT from occuring. Is that accurate Summer?) *This is only a lay-person's understanding of it... not totally positive i have it right.*

Thank you for posting the pics of Li'l Enforcer *soft smile* seeing them makes me want a cat again... maybe someday soon I'll have another one. I'm glad you were so choosey about the homes you found for all three of them... especially Enforcer.

*Hugs* and thank you again... for everything! ;)

cryoni said:
Don't know you and no reply is needed.
Just thought you could use another rose.

*tucks the newest rose in with the others and smiles at the thoughtfulness of strangers... who care to just do this because*

Thank you cryoni... the thought was eloquent in its simplicity. *drops a curtsey*

Back