Challenge: Grab a Partner

irishcatsmeow

Experienced
This poem was written by Lostandfounder and irishcatsmeow; each writing a line a day and passing the work in progress back and forth through email. L&F wrote the odd numbered lines and irish the even; neither knowing where the poem would go or when it would end. This is an interesting writing experience ...so grab another poet and write a poem.

Rules: Poem should be 16 lines, no discussing poem on phone or through Instant Messaging....just pass it back and forth through email. Include an introduction to the poem, mentioning who your poem partner is.

Submit your joint poems to Literotica on Thursday, December 9th, for posting on December 10th. Have fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teardrop
by Lostandfounder & irishcatsmeow

Naked are her feet as she walks upon the grass;
thoughts drifting like wind blown snow
across the quiet plains of her lonely spirit.
Wandering into a moment of recognition, she gasps.
An echo of light, she sees herself, arms outstretched
reaching for the unknown, embracing the darkness.
A moment of clarity lost too soon. Like a dream upon awakening
the shadows are mirages meant to tease and tantalize.

Now, she steps onto a white sand beach, tired of the shadows' games
and tosses her sorrow into the ebb and flow of the rhythmic tide.
The waves that reflect back do not touch her, yet they wash over and through
creating within her the peace that has been so elusive.
Salt water cleanses her spirit and she sighs with a hand over her heart;
breathing deeply, saturating her essence with the strength and beauty of the sea.
Her soul expands, spilling out and filling the ocean. She and the water are one.
The sun smiles in accord, illuminating the waterfall below.

Last edited:
a great 4

A little too much like prose for me, but the subject matter was a
5 to this mindless beach poet. That makes the average 4 on
a scale of 5. A smooth one.

Reltne said:
Aaah. . .? Is Kate a boy? :kiss:

*snickers*:D

Ummm, you did see the gun in her hand right?;) Not that Lauren is the violent type or anything.:devil:

*Catbabe* said:
*snickers*:D

Ummm, you did see the gun in her hand right?;) Not that Lauren is the violent type or anything.:devil:

It's just her words are sharper than any rapier...

Although, after her breast AV, I do wonder if she is a fembot.....

:p

Ohhh... I like this.

I'm up for it if anyone needs a partner.

Ohhh... and Liar? I used one of your wonderful lines in my Thanksgiving challenge poem. I hope that's okay. I didn't see your name on the list, but I couldn't resist.

Cordelia

I'm a go on this as well...hmmm, who to ask? or shall I play shy?

Cordelia said:
Ohhh... I like this.

I'm up for it if anyone needs a partner.

Ohhh... and Liar? I used one of your wonderful lines in my Thanksgiving challenge poem. I hope that's okay. I didn't see your name on the list, but I couldn't resist.
:eek: Had no idea. I haven't exactly been in the zone lately, and that challenge went so far before I noticed, that it passed me by. But of course you can. Where is it? Can I see it? Puhleease?

#L

ps. Lauren, I did come up and ask, didn't I? Being the nice and considerate chap I am, I just asked everybody. :)

No... No... Thanks for everyone jumping up and down to ask me to partner up with them... Really, you all are too kind! :D

I AM SO KIDDING!

I don't play well with others, so unless anyone asks to dance with me, I'm ripping up my dance card and be a wallflower.

Liar said:
:eek: Had no idea. I haven't exactly been in the zone lately, and that challenge went so far before I noticed, that it passed me by. But of course you can. Where is it? Can I see it? Puhleease?

#L

ps. Lauren, I did come up and ask, didn't I? Being the nice and considerate chap I am, I just asked everybody. :)

dude that is not nice and considerate
that is non-committal

:D

gosh I am in a fightin mood :) but playful fighting, you know, I grew up between two brothers, I can wrestle with the best of em.

do we need a match maker for this challenge or what? I do not want any complications, Lauren and Gina, no code please, JD no spreadsheets

we can do this it is like dancing
or whatever else two consenting adults might do
in
public

annaswirls said:
dude that is not nice and considerate
that is non-committal

gosh I am in a fightin mood :) but playful fighting, you know, I grew up between two brothers, I can wrestle with the best of em.

do we need a match maker for this challenge or what? I do not want any complications, Lauren and Gina, no code please, JD no spreadsheets

we can do this it is like dancing
or whatever else two consenting adults might do
in
public

I'm assuming, that as it may take some time for these teams to firm up, one prerequisite may need to change.......

the trading one line per day....(counting on fingers and toes...using anna's primes method....uh huh)... we'd have to start in the next few days...

for poets, that's working pretty damn fast..:rolleyes:

You don't need to write a line a day...that's just the way it worked with L&F and i. The idea is to write every other line, in whatever time frame works best for you and your partner. I can also change the due date, but i thought the pressures of the holidays would intrude if it went much beyond Dec. 10th.

Also, ladies...i made the suggestion to L&F to write a joint poem (and i'd never ask a guy to dance). You guys seem to know each other fairly well, what's so difficult about this?....go for it...

The idea for a joint poem came to me after attending a Kenny Loggins concert and he shared with the audience how he and his writing partner wrote a song, by each writing a line and passing it back and forth...so, i thought it would be a cool poetry experience.

So, partner up...or do i have to make the assignments?

irishcatsmeow said:
You don't need to write a line a day...that's just the way it worked with L&F and i. The idea is to write every other line, in whatever time frame works best for you and your partner. I can also change the due date, but i thought the pressures of the holidays would intrude if it went much beyond Dec. 10th.

I thought that would be the case irish, but with poets , as with poetry, clarity is essential...:D

tungtied2u said:
I thought that would be the case irish, but with poets , as with poetry, clarity is essential...:D

yahh, we're all shy creative types. The martinets are all out making money not art :D .

I want to use this to get to know someone new... (Lauren and Liar already know I'm a worthless flirt...)

Cordelia, my dear, care for a dance? vertical, horizontal, verbal, any will do...PM me if you accept.

I can't write a lick of poetry ~ but I am wishing you all the best!!! I can't wait to see the teams!

:kiss:es

annaswirls said:
Naah. I'll make it simple.

Anna: Your poetry makes me dizzy, ditzy and dreaming, wanna go swirl for a while with a pathillogical liar?

#L

annaswirls said:
do we need a match maker for this challenge or what? I do not want any complications, Lauren and Gina, no code please, JD no spreadsheets...

I really don't even want an invitation... and I'm not saying that to be flip or angry or anything negative so please don't anyone take that way. :D

I might be willing to try this, but I don't know with whom my scribbles might be compatible. If somebody wants to, I am ready to try. :)

Question: What about editing? Are the teams allowed to edit or change things as the poem progresses, or is this like the "All of a sudden..." thread?

Well, somebody start something. I'm getting bored, LOL! I'm a simple poet...don't like these BIG words you all throw at this ditzy blonde. So, who's gonna play with me?! :D

Speaking of blondes....um, well I was...
Can anyone see my picture here when I post? It's in my profile and not seen on my end in the forum. Someone tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong!! These crazy things such as putting links and pics up is driving me insane. I WANT MY PIC HERE WHEN I POST SO PEOPLE CAN SEE WHO THEY'RE TALKING TO! *grumbles*

Damn, I easily frustrate. :rolleyes:

Reltne said:
[

Question: What about editing? Are the teams allowed to edit or change things as the poem progresses, or is this like the "All of a sudden..." thread? [/B]

You can do some minor editing at the end...for punctuation and maybe a word or two here and there...but the main idea is to just go with the flow,,,see how you feed off of your partner...

Liar said:
Naah. I'll make it simple.

Anna: Your poetry makes me dizzy, ditzy and dreaming, wanna go swirl for a while with a pathillogical liar?

#L

um
is this a trick question?

absolutely delighted :)

um I am a bit clumsy...dizzy and clumsy this should be some dance.

Back