Official "Magic In America" Writer's Challenge Sign-Up Thread

sweetnpetite

Intellectual snob
Last edited:
This is required according to the official rules for starting a chain story, so even if you've already indicated your interest, be sure to sign up here. Sorry for any inconvienience. But we do want to keep things as neat and tidy as we can manage.

partway in

I am involved in a chain story which appears to be a fairly difficult thing. I don't wish to be in two chains at once, but I would as soon do illustrations for some of these, and limit it to that.

I won't illustrate without a request to do so, or at least permission.

I hope that's acceptable.

Re: partway in

cantdog said:
I am involved in a chain story which appears to be a fairly difficult thing. I don't wish to be in two chains at once, but I would as soon do illustrations for some of these, and limit it to that.

I won't illustrate without a request to do so, or at least permission.

I hope that's acceptable.

Perfectly.

I'm here, and if I ge done in time and you want to read my piece, cant's more than welcome to do some illustrating for mine if he chooses.

Q_C

One way or the other, I'm in. I'll aim for a story and an accompaining poem. Might end up with a poem set.

#L

I know there were a few more poeple who had expressed interest or possible interest. I don't know if they haven't checked in yet, or they changed there minds or I lost them somewhere alone the way. If so, I hope they'll let me know and see if it's something I can fix, becuase I'd like as many people who felt inspired to be able to participate.

Also, is there anyone who would like to participate in the challenge- but not have there stories liinked? If so, I think we could work through that, maybe by posting them before or after the chain timeline or something like that.

OK- here's a list of folks who expressed possible interest that I'm still waiting to hear from:

Wierd Harold

Colleen Thomas

Lucifer_Carrol

Belegon

The_Fool

Black Tulip

Alex De Kok

Elsie Grey

Definatly Regestered:

sweetnpetite

Liar

dr_mabeuse

Quiet_Cool

cloudy

and cantdog on illustration

That's 5 writers and 1 illustrator. We'll call this the 'first wave' and aim to post our stories/pics in approximation to one another.

How long do you think you all need to get your story written?

(Reply on the Discussion Board)

Black Tulip

Alex De Kok

and Lucifer_Carroll

also gave a definate yes on the other thread. So I'll take it that they are still interested.

That brings us to 8 writers and 1 illustrator. Not to shabby.:)

sweetnpetite said:
Black Tulip

Alex De Kok

and Lucifer_Carroll

also gave a definate yes on the other thread. So I'll take it that they are still interested.

That brings us to 8 writers and 1 illustrator. Not to shabby.:)

I'll confirm here. I'll give it a go, although external pressures might prevent me completing. Hopefully not, and buried in my number four bookcase I just found my reprint of a 1913 book on 'North American Indians Myths and Legends', which might well give me ideas.

Alex

Alex De Kok said:
I'll confirm here. I'll give it a go, although external pressures might prevent me completing. Hopefully not, and buried in my number four bookcase I just found my reprint of a 1913 book on 'North American Indians Myths and Legends', which might well give me ideas.

Alex

It's a sign-

that you were meant to particpate! ;) :D

sweetnpetite said:
It's a sign-

that you were meant to particpate! ;) :D

speaking of signs, count me in as signing up to do a story,,,,

Quiet_Cool said:
I'm here, and if I ge done in time and you want to read my piece, cant's more than welcome to do some illustrating for mine if he chooses.

Q_C
Excellent! I'm looking forward to it. Magical stuff is meaty stuff-- it should be fun. Thanks, Q_C.

I'll do illustration in the form of photography for anyone interesting.

Edited to add: Tentatively sketch me in for writing too.. I dunno.. I've not been able to write in some time.. maybe working on a group effort will help *shrug*

Last edited:
Yeah, confirmation. Sorry, been without internet for the last coupla days.

I'm in.

Now before I forget my idea: Human supportive life mana leyline in Ireland. Human preventative life mana leyline in S.A. Non-life stone mana leyline in Arizona or New Mexico.

Lucifer_Carroll said:
Yeah, confirmation. Sorry, been without internet for the last coupla days.

I'm in.

Now before I forget my idea: Human supportive life mana leyline in Ireland. Human preventative life mana leyline in S.A. Non-life stone mana leyline in Arizona or New Mexico.

I'm confused already, lol.:)

rhinoguy said:
I think I "signed up" on one of the OTHER six threads.
to do stand alone illustrations, illustrations WITH someone's writing.....and...maybe...just maybe some writing with my own illustrations...A HAHAHAHAhaHHAhahAHhAHhHAhHA *ack!* *cof cof*

-rhino
I'd be honored if you could do an illustration for my story.

Yes, you can count me in too.
Lest I forget, this was my idea:

... But I do find my imagination turning towards the big red wood trees. Something there, about why or how they grow that tall. Spirits, magical homes ...
I want to have a look into American mythology and see if I can come up with tree spirits of some kind.

:D

Guess everyone else PMed this, but I'm about 2600 word into it with miles to go, but it is coming along now. The story's almost all in my head. Getting it out can be tricky.

Um.. Does anyone happen to know anything about schooling in the forties?

Q_C

No, sorry. Can't help you there.

I'm writing as well. So far 1530 words, but not completely sure where it will go. I guess I'll go with the flow.
Working title: The Sequoia Secret.

:D

Back