CHAIN STARTER: Corner of 9th and Main

PoliteSuccubus

Spinster Aunt of Lit
Simple concept:

Hookers, Johns, Pimps, and assorted Nightlife in the heart of a cold, cold city (unspeified).

Setting:

A street corner with a fleabag motel (The Moore) with room by the hour rates, 24-Hour ToGo Mart, and Andy's Diner.

Chapters to meet the Survior Contest 750 word min.

Bios to be posted here of characters for other writer's use in their chapters with looks, mannerisms, goals, drives and quirks.

May I join in? I have never written anything of this nature before, but it sounds fun.

I'd join in too (sleaze being one of my middle names), but shouldn't this be on another board? Like Sexual Role Playing or Chyoo or something?

---dr.M.

This is for the Lit Survior Contest wirters and any other intrested parties.

It has the benefit of being a chain story that isn't as structured as some of the others. If I get five intrested writers I will write the opening, submit it to Lit and post it here so the next writer can take up with chapter two.

In Chapter One I'll include a more detailed street setting and introduce some of the stand by Characters, such as the front desk guy at the hotel etc.

So do we have three?

Two more and I'll post the intro and submitt it to Lit?

So far:

Myself, PoliteSuccubus
C's Button
And Dr. Mabeuse ( or is that a maybe?)

Corner of Chain Stories

oooooo, please include me
pretty please
with sugar on top

Does each chapter have to be a continuation of the one before or will the next writer be able to put their own character into the setting and write about him/her?

I'd like to join in, but not if I'm going to have to continue someone else's story.

Thank everyone for your intrest~!

To answer some questions:

No, you don't have to continue on someone elses story, but the setting must remain the same other wise it wouldn't be considered a chain story.

Characters ARE reuseable, however, esp ones like the beat cop, the waitress and the hotel clerk.

I'll be submitting the first chapter of the story tomorrow, and if it's accepted then I'll also post it here and give everyone the green light.

Sound OK to everyone? :D

And, sorry for the delay, been having comp problems with a virus. Icky.

elbiscayne said:
chompin' at the bit. anyone heard any status?

replacing the bridle with a nice soft hackamore that has no icky bit to chomp at. Sorry, I was awol a bit too. Now I am all back and writing a bit again.

C's Button said:
replacing the bridle with a nice soft hackamore that has no icky bit to chomp at. Sorry, I was awol a bit too. Now I am all back and writing a bit again.

hey button. was beginning to think this thread was dead. thanks for the hackamore but you're gonna spoil me. i'll just end up wanting to run wild and at my age no herd of mares will want anything to do with me.

I am just a spoiler... Bit chomping is bad for your teeth, you know.

I was thinking it is dead too, but I am an eternal optimist.

"I am a dr Jim, not a writer!"

"It's dead, Jim."

Chain Story

All quiet on the chain story front.

:confused:

Still working on it?

PoliteSuccubus hasn't been around in a long time, but I'm sure that if some of you see merit on the storyline, she wouldn't mind another person taking it over.

anyone interested?

I have to admit I have a really nice little twisted idea for this theme. Anyone else still interested in playing the pass around game with this theme? Speak up, speak up. :) It's the perfect setting for some dark and dirty mischief.

i'd be interested in doing it... it sounds liek fun and a little different from my usual which is always good =) I like to expand my horizons! =D
i'll keep tabs on here to see if we can actually get this thing started.
*HUGS*
angel

Goldeniangel said:
i'd be interested in doing it... it sounds liek fun and a little different from my usual which is always good =) I like to expand my horizons! =D
i'll keep tabs on here to see if we can actually get this thing started.
*HUGS*

Sign me up then for whenever y'all decide to get things rolling along with a schedule and all.

so is that at least three of us that's interested??

I'll do ch 1, i just need to make sure that at least 3 people are on board so that when i submit it i can put down the schedule and stuff so that it qualifies as a chain =D
-angel

Count me in

Count me in. It sounds like an interesting piece to write. Is someone planning to post chapter schedules or does each of us pick a chapter after the previous one is posted?

Forgive me, but I'm still a bit new and this is the second chain I've joined, so I'm still learning. :)

Goldeniangel said:
so is that at least three of us that's interested??

I'll do ch 1, i just need to make sure that at least 3 people are on board so that when i submit it i can put down the schedule and stuff so that it qualifies as a chain =D
-angel

hey guys,
sorry i hadn't checked this in a little bit because i was really busy and i didn't think that anyone was ever going to respond =P

if it's Me, Remec and missteez just confirm and say when you want to write... i'll be happy to write the first chapter unless someone else wants to =)

*HUGS*
angel

I'm still interested Goldeniangel, and it's okay with me if you start with the first chapter. I can either follow behind you, or Remec, with the next chapter in sequence.

Whenever you're ready, we can begin. I'll watch for the posting or you can notify me here. :)

Missy

Goldeniangel said:
hey guys,
sorry i hadn't checked this in a little bit because i was really busy and i didn't think that anyone was ever going to respond =P

if it's Me, Remec and missteez just confirm and say when you want to write... i'll be happy to write the first chapter unless someone else wants to =)

*HUGS*
angel

I"m still interested too, my idea is pretty dark.

Put me toward the end of the chapters because I have a Medusa story to write and one other half done.. SO if there are four of us, can I have Chapter four or whatever. :)

well since Remec hasn't gotten back to us i'm not sure if he's still interested... i tried to give it lots of time but oh well. maybe someone else will get interested if we start... anyway, i think that if we spread out the schedule a little to give willowrain plenty of time then i think we'll be ok anyway...

anyway, i figure the name should be something like:
"Corner of 9th and Main: ______'s Story" or something like that. Does that sound good to you guys?

I'd like to do Sara and Ray's story =D a whore and her pimp who are in love but have to get enough money to get out of there... they prey on the rich and corrupt. kinda like a modern day Robin Hood but with a twist =D

let me know what you gys thing!
*hugs*
angel

Back