Name that Voice guessing thread

TheEarl

Occasional visitor
Didn't want to clutter up Imp's thread, so I thought I'd start my own for my misbegotten guesstimates.

I reckon Author #1 is Tatelou. #3 I'd guess at SweetnPetite and #4 at Shanglan. Not a clue on 2 and 5. I haven't actually checked whether these people are actually online at this time of day, so it's just literally guessing on what I know of people's voices.

Any other opinions?

The Earl

#1 Lou.
#2 Cantdog (just a guess).
#3 Cloudy.
#4 Dranoel
#5 The Earl
#6 CD
#7 L_C
#8 Imp
#9 Neonlyte
#10 Charley
#11 Liar
#12 is Colly."Ack."
#13 Gauche
#14 Black Tulip
#15 Shanglan
#16ABs?
#17 Lauren
#18 Minsue
#19 Crimson Maidon
#20 Rideme Cowgirl.

Last edited by a moderator:
And one of the men says 'youse guys' in #1. Maybe it is a Yank. If that one's not Lou's, then I'm guessing #5 is. There's no way that she'd miss out on a writing competition.

The Earl

TheEarl said:
And one of the men says 'youse guys' in #1. Maybe it is a Yank. If that one's not Lou's, then I'm guessing #5 is. There's no way that she'd miss out on a writing competition.

The Earl

Good way to throw the scent off.

;)

TheEarl said:
Didn't want to clutter up Imp's thread, so I thought I'd start my own for my misbegotten guesstimates.

I reckon Author #1 is Tatelou. #3 I'd guess at SweetnPetite and #4 at Shanglan. Not a clue on 2 and 5. I haven't actually checked whether these people are actually online at this time of day, so it's just literally guessing on what I know of people's voices.

Any other opinions?

The Earl

Voices? Where do you go to hear voices?

Dranoel said:
Good way to throw the scent off.

;)

True. Wouldn't put it past Lou to pose as a Yank. Now I'm confused - either #1 or #5.

The Earl

TheEarl said:
True. Wouldn't put it past Lou to pose as a Yank. Now I'm confused - either #1 or #5.

The Earl
I meant naming her for #5. Puts the scent off you. :D

TheEarl said:

The Earl

Number 5 is definitly a Brit. Meters, Tin and Mobil are giveaways. I'm guessing Lou.

No clue on the others.

You think #5's me? How cool!

I've changed my mind now. Lou is quite blatantly #6.

The Earl

cheerful_deviant said:
Number 5 is definitly a Brit. Meters, Tin and Mobil are giveaways. I'm guessing Lou.

No clue on the others.

Mobil? There's a petrol station in there?

The going back to take a close look at #5 Earl

TheEarl said:
Mobil? There's a petrol station in there?

The going back to take a close look at #5 Earl

Smartass. :p

Mobile... as in portable phone.

Yeah, so I can't spell. :rolleyes:

Shit! This is tough. I'm just gonna go for #5 being The Earl, for now.

I think #1 might be Cloudy, but I'm not sure. #4 could be Imp. #2 Cant???

Haven't got much of a clue really.

I think Lou's trying to muddy the waters by disowning #5. Wicked girl.

I'm kinda leaning towards #2 being cant as well. #1 is still leaving me baffled now that I've decided it's a Septic. A southern-accented Septic; might be worth going to the Civil War thread to pick up ideas.

The Earl

here's my (very confused) guesses:

1. CD
2. Cantdog

3. Imp
4. Dran
5. Earl
6. Lou
12. Colly
15. Shanglan

will add more as I decide....

Last edited:
I think Cloudy may be the closest.

Although now I'm wondering if #7 is Dran?

And Number 8, not sure. Not an American... 'cash point' and 'car park' aren't really American terminoligy.

Last edited:
No, but both are New Zealand and Australia as well as UK.

Just being helpful! :)

I reckon 8 sounds like Doormouse. And 7 is quite probably CD.

The Earl

Of course, some of will probably try to disguise themselves to trick everyone. I wonder who...

SJ

Mine's disguised enough as it is from having to pare it right down to fit under the 500 word limit. The original (1100 words) was so much better. I'd be surprised if anyone managed to guess mine.

The Earl

TheEarl said:
Mine's disguised enough as it is from having to pare it right down to fit under the 500 word limit. The original (1100 words) was so much better. I'd be surprised if anyone managed to guess mine.

The Earl

That's despicable! Now I've to spot a short Earl (is it anything like a leprechaun)

I'm still working on who is who. ;)

Back