Hysterectomies and your sex life

G

Edit: Okay, all. I chickened out and canceled the surgery. I've appreciated everyone's comments, concerns and pms and want to thank you.

Damn, I'm such a wuss
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the best dang thing that ever happened to me. :nana: :nana: :nana:
The sex life is great, no worries about babies, no worry about that time of month ruining an evening or vacation.

I have had just as many orgasms as before! And they feel great. I do take hormone replacement. And I think the only draw back is that I am not as pre lubed as before, but I sure am as wet after. LOL

I had to have regular surgery because they did some exploratory stuff. I was back to work full time 3 weeks later. I wanted to have sex but couldn't after 3 weeks. It was tourture waiting the 6 weeks. The one thing the doc told me I found interesting. When I started back having sex he said to go for some deeper penetrations to get the lube thing going again. Anyway it worked! :D

Good luck and be happy! :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy:

I have not had the surgery, but my mother has and shared alot of information with me during our talks about all things female.

She had a partial hysterectomy. Only her uterus was removed and they left the ovries. For her it was the best thing to happen and helped clear up alot of problems she had.

For her the sex since that has been amazing. With the problems gone that the surgery fixed she felt much more free to enjoy everything else. She did not get into detail about her orgasms but said that everything since then has been amazing.

And your fear sounds absolutely natural. My mother, when they took down for to have her gulbladder (sp??) removed accused them of taking her to the morgue and all this other stuff, she has serious problems when it comes to doctors and all that. The OB who did her surgery gave her some small white pills that made her calm as a kitten. He didn't tell her though what they were until after thank goodness or she wouldn't have taken them. He told her they were for her stomach.

Hope it all goes well.

Succulent-one said:
It was the best dang thing that ever happened to me. :nana: :nana: :nana:
The sex life is great, no worries about babies, no worry about that time of month ruining an evening or vacation.

I have had just as many orgasms as before! And they feel great. I do take hormone replacement. And I think the only draw back is that I am not as pre lubed as before, but I sure am as wet after. LOL

I had to have regular surgery because they did some exploratory stuff. I was back to work full time 3 weeks later. I wanted to have sex but couldn't after 3 weeks. It was tourture waiting the 6 weeks. The one thing the doc told me I found interesting. When I started back having sex he said to go for some deeper penetrations to get the lube thing going again. Anyway it worked! :D

Good luck and be happy! :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy:

Thanks for replying, Succulent!

The doc is hoping to keep my ovaries, but it's not promised because with ultra sounds, not everything shows up if there's a problem. I have to sign a paper before surgery saying I give permission to take them out if something is wrong once they go in. I don't want to be on hormone replacement or lose my juices in my panties, but I know this could happen. And yes, I think the 6 weeks are gonna kill me too!!

Thanks for letting me know your story, and the best wishes! :rose:

AngelicAnguish said:
For her the sex since that has been amazing.

Thanks! I want to hear more of that! ;)

Anyone else, please chime in!

i don't own a uterus so i can't really be of any help to you.

i just wanted to wish you the best and let you know that i, and many other lit-members, will be thinking of you. you've always been an excellent source of information and this experience will only enhance the range of things you can help others through.

good luck, be well. :rose:

EJFan said:
i don't own a uterus so i can't really be of any help to you.

i just wanted to wish you the best and let you know that i, and many other lit-members, will be thinking of you. you've always been an excellent source of information and this experience will only enhance the range of things you can help others through.

good luck, be well. :rose:

EJ, you're a doll. Thank you so much.

A :rose: for you, darlin'!

Hysterectomy

My current partner for illicit rendevoux had a hysterectomy some years ago. Our mutual orgasms are outstanding - she's reported to me that the removal of pregnancy risk and the end of her previous "female discomforts" caused her to blossom sexually. I didn't know her before, but the evidence after surgery is conclusive! Her vaginal contractions are magnificent...take your time, heal patiently, and you will fe absolutely fine.

galendms said:
My current partner for illicit rendevoux had a hysterectomy some years ago. Our mutual orgasms are outstanding - she's reported to me that the removal of pregnancy risk and the end of her previous "female discomforts" caused her to blossom sexually. I didn't know her before, but the evidence after surgery is conclusive! Her vaginal contractions are magnificent...take your time, heal patiently, and you will fe absolutely fine.

Ah! Sounds awesome!

More please!!

Hysterectomy

Well, I thoroughly understand your qualms, concerns and fears. I had a partial hysterectomy almost 9 years ago, at the age of 26.

I can say that my sex life is most definitely better after than it was before. I don't know if that's because you can have sex 'whenever' you feel like it without trying to schedule it around your periods (if that's something that bothers you). I was fortunate and had a vaginal hysterectomy and was up and around 2 hours after surgery (as soon as they brought me out of recovery).

Prior to my surgery, I had only ever orgasmed with three partners (and those were only one time occurrances - the orgasm). Since then, I've found myself to be (and much to my lovers' pleasure) highly multi-orgasmic. Now, I don't know if these can be contributed to the hysterectomy or to having grown older and more comfortable with my own body, regardless...it's great and I'm sure you will be fine and the best thing (once you're healed)....practice, practice, practice.

Best of Luck!

tsk3us said:
Well, I thoroughly understand your qualms, concerns and fears. I had a partial hysterectomy almost 9 years ago, at the age of 26.

I can say that my sex life is most definitely better after than it was before. I don't know if that's because you can have sex 'whenever' you feel like it without trying to schedule it around your periods (if that's something that bothers you). I was fortunate and had a vaginal hysterectomy and was up and around 2 hours after surgery (as soon as they brought me out of recovery).

Prior to my surgery, I had only ever orgasmed with three partners (and those were only one time occurrances - the orgasm). Since then, I've found myself to be (and much to my lovers' pleasure) highly multi-orgasmic. Now, I don't know if these can be contributed to the hysterectomy or to having grown older and more comfortable with my own body, regardless...it's great and I'm sure you will be fine and the best thing (once you're healed)....practice, practice, practice.

Best of Luck!

Wow, you were young as well! Glad everything turned out okay for you.

I loved what you had to say, but what's with the practice, practice, practice?? Oh shit, what's gonna happen? :confused:

Ahhh, the practice isn't really anything related to the hysterectomy......it's just fun. <Wicked Evil Grin>

With my circumstances (they also took the cervix), slow, gentle sex was required at first due to the 'bottoming out' aspect.

Wish I hadn't waited

I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 35. I put it off for years, but after wished I hadn't waited. I'm so much more sexual than I was before. Orgasms are better. Don't know wy, but I'll take it.

Did have some depression problems, but subsided with hormone replacement. Good luck. I think you'll be glad you did it.

tsk3us said:
Ahhh, the practice isn't really anything related to the hysterectomy......it's just fun. <Wicked Evil Grin>

With my circumstances (they also took the cervix), slow, gentle sex was required at first due to the 'bottoming out' aspect.

You know, your cervix is attached to your uterus. ;)

dixie50 said:
I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 35. I put it off for years, but after wished I hadn't waited. I'm so much more sexual than I was before. Orgasms are better. Don't know wy, but I'll take it.

Did have some depression problems, but subsided with hormone replacement. Good luck. I think you'll be glad you did it.

Thank you! This made me smile. I appreciate the time you took to comment. :rose:

Hi Saldne,
I know you said that you wanted personal experience (which I don't have), but I've been doing research for a paper on hysterectomies (I'm in graduate school). I just wanted to add that all of these studies in medical journals and women's health journals really do echo what people have been saying here. Your quality of life most likely improve a great deal, including your sex life. There have been tons of studies on sex after hysterectomy (because it would make a scientist pretty darn famous if she found out that hysterectomies are bad for sex) and no one has been able to prove that there are negative consequences.

Now, about the cervix, you actually can get a hysterectomy without the doctor removing your cervix if that's not an area of concern. I personally find that my cervix has a lot to do with my orgasms, but I know it's just painful for a lot of women so maybe I'm just weird ;)

Anyways, good luck with your surgery, and i know your doctors will take good care of you.
D

dollface007 said:
Hi Saldne,
I know you said that you wanted personal experience (which I don't have), but I've been doing research for a paper on hysterectomies (I'm in graduate school). I just wanted to add that all of these studies in medical journals and women's health journals really do echo what people have been saying here. Your quality of life most likely improve a great deal, including your sex life. There have been tons of studies on sex after hysterectomy (because it would make a scientist pretty darn famous if she found out that hysterectomies are bad for sex) and no one has been able to prove that there are negative consequences.

Now, about the cervix, you actually can get a hysterectomy without the doctor removing your cervix if that's not an area of concern. I personally find that my cervix has a lot to do with my orgasms, but I know it's just painful for a lot of women so maybe I'm just weird ;)

Anyways, good luck with your surgery, and i know your doctors will take good care of you.
D

Thank you, you ARE a doll! I'm glad you responded to my post.

Now, please tell me how a doctor wouldn't remove the cervix being attached to the uterus. You know, it's not glued in there. :D

Hey Sal.....glad to catch up again......and guess what? The waiting for the procedure can be the hardest part.....I had to wait for my surgery for years as it wasn't considered urgent......pah! Bloody men...what would they know?

I had a vaginal, partial...my ovaries and cervix are in place.....having left my cervix I am still required to have the odd Pap smear test just in case....but I can tell you that's nothing compared to having years of back pain, ill health, too much medication and painful sex to boot.........

As some others have said, the sex afterwards is worth the wait....as it is soooo much better.........a patient and gentle partner is imperative...as it is wise to ease back into it a bit, more because you think it may feel strange and different rather than for any other reason.......no problems with orgasms at all....nothing lost in that department... the odd bit of lube here and there can ease the tension and add to the fun...believe me, I'm advanced in years, vaguely menopausal, 6 years down the track from my op and I still get wet......

The main thing to watch is immediate post operative infection (similar symptoms to a dose of thrush)...it is fairly common especially if they chuck you out of hospital really quickly......but do as they tell you and take your time with the healing bit.....evertything might appear fine on the outside but that's not where it counts .....its the internal stuff that takes the six weeks....and it does need it! They will tell you not to drive for at least that period of time...and they mean it.....you can really do yourself some harm.....take the time....and do it right the first time...don't do as a friend of mine did and push the envelope and ended up back into hospital to fix the damage.

Oh, by the way...its a great way to give up smoking.......I had to stop before the surgery and was too crook to get any cigarettes immediately afterwards. By the time I was well enough to walk down the street to the shop...I was past needing to......stayed off them ever since!

No HRT for me.....at this stage.....depression definitely wasn't an issue...in fact far from it....what does happen is the biological clock does have the odd heave and says....."what about a baby?" and the head says....Too Late!

Good luck........make sure you get a doc that will take the time to talk to you...and be prepared to hate the hospital food! Employ a cleaner for your recuperation period....definitely no vacumming!

australwind said:
Hey Sal.....glad to catch up again......and guess what? The waiting for the procedure can be the hardest part.....I had to wait for my surgery for years as it wasn't considered urgent......pah! Bloody men...what would they know?

I had a vaginal, partial...my ovaries and cervix are in place.....having left my cervix I am still required to have the odd Pap smear test just in case....but I can tell you that's nothing compared to having years of back pain, ill health, too much medication and painful sex to boot.........

As some others have said, the sex afterwards is worth the wait....as it is soooo much better.........a patient and gentle partner is imperative...as it is wise to ease back into it a bit, more because you think it may feel strange and different rather than for any other reason.......no problems with orgasms at all....nothing lost in that department... the odd bit of lube here and there can ease the tension and add to the fun...believe me, I'm advanced in years, vaguely menopausal, 6 years down the track from my op and I still get wet......

The main thing to watch is immediate post operative infection (similar symptoms to a dose of thrush)...it is fairly common especially if they chuck you out of hospital really quickly......but do as they tell you and take your time with the healing bit.....evertything might appear fine on the outside but that's not where it counts .....its the internal stuff that takes the six weeks....and it does need it! They will tell you not to drive for at least that period of time...and they mean it.....you can really do yourself some harm.....take the time....and do it right the first time...don't do as a friend of mine did and push the envelope and ended up back into hospital to fix the damage.

Oh, by the way...its a great way to give up smoking.......I had to stop before the surgery and was too crook to get any cigarettes immediately afterwards. By the time I was well enough to walk down the street to the shop...I was past needing to......stayed off them ever since!

No HRT for me.....at this stage.....depression definitely wasn't an issue...in fact far from it....what does happen is the biological clock does have the odd heave and says....."what about a baby?" and the head says....Too Late!

Good luck........make sure you get a doc that will take the time to talk to you...and be prepared to hate the hospital food! Employ a cleaner for your recuperation period....definitely no vacumming!

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write. It is SO appreciated! I am now counting the days. Argh! My pre-surgical testing is being done on May 2nd then the 9th= bye bye uterus.

It was a very fast consult with the doctor and she didn't tell me very much. She seemed in a rush that day, and I waited 45 mins. to see her. I want to know how large my incision is going to be because they aren't doing it vaginally. I'm sure it isn't going to be the size of my c-section scar, but I still want to know.

And thank you for letting me know to take it easy, not to drive, etc. because if I'd feel better on the outside or in, I'd probably be having sex or goofing around with the kids or jumping in a swimming pool. Something!!....and of course, like you said, regret it later.

I'm a heavy smoker and no one has said anything about quitting. Just starving before surgery and the damn fleet! About the hospital food: I'm used to it. And I'll be happy that I won't be cooking, LOL!

Thanks for sharing your story, and the advice. A :rose: for you.

As with EJ, I can't relate personal experience, but Mrs Rug had one several years ago. There hasn't been any noticeable decline in orgasms (either type), but the lubrication issue has come up. It's not hard to get around that, though, if you're patient. The other major issue that's come up is that she went through menopause early because of it (they took her remaining ovary along with the uterus). Again, it's an issue that can be dealt with if you pay atttention.

And yeah, the six weeks wait was rough on both of us. :D

gravyrug said:
As with EJ, I can't relate personal experience, but Mrs Rug had one several years ago. There hasn't been any noticeable decline in orgasms (either type), but the lubrication issue has come up. It's not hard to get around that, though, if you're patient. The other major issue that's come up is that she went through menopause early because of it (they took her remaining ovary along with the uterus). Again, it's an issue that can be dealt with if you pay atttention.

And yeah, the six weeks wait was rough on both of us. :D

Thank you for replying even if you're a man to give me your SO's experience.

This is one thing that I'm really dreading, and really going to miss if it happens--my juices that naturally flow.

I'm not getting my ovaries out unless something looks wrong when they slice me open. From what I've read, the lube problem can happen either way.

I really don't want to be sticking KY inserts inside my putang so I don't feel like a dried up prune. :rolleyes:

Damn! I had such wonderful sex last night. I better say "made love" before my SO comes in here and gives me hell for saying "sex". I feel like I'm gonna chicken out the last minute. Hmm, I feel like doing it now. <sigh>

If you are this sexy now, you are most likely to be a heck of a lot sexier after Saldne.... especially if your ovaries are in tact...you know why I know..

TC, and good luck

Al

Alsharlan said:
If you are this sexy now, you are most likely to be a heck of a lot sexier after Saldne.... especially if your ovaries are in tact...you know why I know..

TC, and good luck

Al

I know why you know??? Please explain to me. I don't remember fucking an Al or Alsharlan. I am :confused:

saldne said:
I know why you know??? Please explain to me. I don't remember fucking an Al or Alsharlan. I am :confused:

Probably when you were on vacation in New Zealand last month. :D

Luv2PleasureF said:
Probably when you were on vacation in New Zealand last month. :D

But I was doing you then and he's in New Zealand. I wasn't there, honest. :confused:

saldne said:
But I was doing you then and he's in New Zealand. I wasn't there, honest. :confused:

Stop denying it, babe.
I recall distinctly you telling me you went to New Zealand for lunch one day last month. Don't you remember? It was the day after we got busted in the Jeep. I dropped you off, and the next day you said you'd gone to New Zealand for lunch. You told me when we got together that night. I was kinda miffed because I wanted to go too... now I know why I wasn't invited. :D

Luv2PleasureF said:
Stop denying it, babe.
I recall distinctly you telling me you went to New Zealand for lunch one day last month. Don't you remember? It was the day after we got busted in the Jeep. I dropped you off, and the next day you said you'd gone to New Zealand for lunch. You told me when we got together that night. I was kinda miffed because I wanted to go too... now I know why I wasn't invited. :D

No, honey, that was Africa.

Back