The I-Pod Is The Coolest Invention Since...

NonSexWithHer

Fair Warning
...ever

ipod.jpg

I never go anywhere without it. The headphones do suck though. Suggestions?

Last edited:
The day the FM music died.

So bye bye Miss American pie...

NonSexWithHer said:
...ever

ipod.jpg

I never going anywhere without it. The headphones do suck though. Suggestions?

Ummmm...different headphones?

I remember when FM was new and shiney...

Toys, toys, toys, in the Attic!

NonSexWithHer said:
What brand, smart ass?

And I do mean smart ass.

I'm tempted to wear the giant dorky over ear kind.

Well, I don't have an iPod, but I've always done well with Sony. I prefer the ear buds, though. Doesn't mess up the hair, you know.

I prefer a low rider and really, really powerful speakers so I can share my Country and Western...

Low rider drives a little slower!

NonSexWithHer said:
I never going anywhere without it. The headphones do suck though. Suggestions?

Budget?

Do you mind looking like a twat?

If not..

rs1.gif

Grado is where its at.

I like the Bose noise cancelling headphones.

I turn them on and listn to White Noise and get my orders from Gawd...

JammieDodger said:
Budget?

Do you mind looking like a twat?

If not..

rs1.gif

Grado is where its at.

I was looking at these
31341506-2-120-0.gif
SENNHEINSER HD 485 but I'm not an audio afficianado. I'm looking in the $100-130 range.

It needs to use memory chips instead of a hard drive, with no (very few?) moving parts. Like the iPod Shuffle.

Then it'll be near perfect.

NonSexWithHer said:
The headphones do suck though. Suggestions?

i've the sony ex-71's (about $50) since i bought my first ipod in 2003, and little more recently the shure e2c's (about $100)

they both are in the ear phones, so noise is cancelled, and they have wonderful range and tonal quality... the bass sounds really good in both. the shure's are a little more hardy and substantial, and are a bargain at $100.

go read reviews at www.ipodlounge.com ... the forums are a wealth of info

i'm on that board... let's see if you can figure out my screenname. :devil:

RoryN said:
It needs to use memory chips instead of a hard drive, with no (very few?) moving parts. Like the iPod Shuffle.

Then it'll be near perfect.
They could be a little cheaper too.

honeylick said:
i've the sony ex-71's (about $50) since i bought my first ipod in 2003, and little more recently the shure e2c's (about $100)

they both are in the ear phones, so noise is cancelled, and they have wonderful range and tonal quality... the bass sounds really good in both. the shure's are a little more hardy and substantial, and are a bargain at $100.

go read reviews at www.ipodlounge.com ... the forums are a wealth of info

i'm on that board... let's see if you can figure out my screenname. :devil:

That was easy. You're BANGMEFROMTHEBACK aren't you?

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to make a decision this weekend.

NonSexWithHer said:
That was easy. You're BANGMEFROMTHEBACK aren't you?

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to make a decision this weekend.

close... i post as SpankMeHarderDaddy

but you can bang me from the back, too.

good luck with whatever set of cans you purchase.

NonSexWithHer said:
I was looking at these
31341506-2-120-0.gif
SENNHEINSER HD 485 but I'm not an audio afficianado. I'm looking in the $100-130 range.

Yes, they're good.

Grado is somewhat of an undiscovered holy grail to many, you get more bang for your buck, although some say they have a little more burn-in time than your average sennheisers.. some say nay.. meh.

I've just bought the Grad SR 80s myself, all their cans are hand-made and just doing a quick google here's some customer reviews http://www.audioreview.com/cat/headphones-home-audio/headphones/grado/PRD_117832_2750crx.aspx

And a CNET review.. http://reviews.cnet.com/Grado_SR80/4505-6468_7-30618184-2.html?tag=tab

However, being in the US and them being somewhat cheaper to you lot I'd recommend SR 125s if you're willing to buy a headphone amp, if not either the SR60s or 80s should provide the sound quality of the sennheisers you've picked up but at a much better price.. the trade off of course is comfortability and aesthetics.. the sennheisers may be better portability wise.

honeylick said:
close... i post as SpankMeHarderDaddy

but you can bang me from the back, too.

good luck with whatever set of cans you purchase.

btp18-pic004.jpg

I want a set like hers.

i purchased some awesome bulky over-the-head headphones from amazon, they're audio tecnica... a big name within the audiophile world, and they sound fucking fantastic, and for $59.99, they were hardly expensive... i hate the little headphones included with the ipod, they are RUBBISH.

cheers.

I don't know if they still offer the deal, but if you applied for an Amazon Visa they gave you 10% off your first purchase. I bought the 20G for $254 no sales tax or shipping charges which saved me about $50.

Well I'll be dipped in shit.

The new 20 GB iPod has a color screen...same price.

got this image from my 'you love everything new and shiny no matter the cost' friend today.

01311sz1i101164008pw.jpg

what about the I-pod battery issues?

anyone here had an I-pod for more than 2 years?

Back