What's the best lube/sex lotion/motion lotion/etc etc?

Username_In_Use

Not as mean as he looks
Me and my girlfriend have already tried Astroglide, KY Jelly and this other crappy lube(made by Durex...doesn't last at all). Anyway, thanks for any replies.

My girlfriend and I tried KY warming liquid, it's kind of hard to manage (a little too liquidy maybe?), but I assume all liquid lubes have that quality. We didn't end up liking it because she thought it reduced the sensation (for both of us), which is partially true. If you're not too worried about that, it definitely has lasting power.

Guys, check out the Blank Manual there is heaps of stuff there on lubes, including using household products I think. :p

I'm also interested in this question I've tried a few kinds of KY and I couldn't stand the stuff, too runny then dried up and got sticky very quickly. I figure it would be the same with any water-based lube, and can't use oil based with condoms...whats a gal to do?

Ky sucks astroglide is the best on the market IMHO.Make sure you don't put too much on though,better to reaply than to cake the stuff on,when I put too much on it's like having a condom on,and wifey don't like it either.I haven't worn a condom since my vasectomy in 1992.Apply just a little to the head of your dick and a little will go a long way,if she getsdry just keep the bottle there and put a little more on.

HM0 said:
I'm also interested in this question I've tried a few kinds of KY and I couldn't stand the stuff, too runny then dried up and got sticky very quickly. I figure it would be the same with any water-based lube, and can't use oil based with condoms...whats a gal to do?
No, all lubes (especially water based) are NOT created equal. There are tons of great ones that last longer, but we like Wet (Original...haven't tried Light, but the original's not thick at all, so I don't think we'd like the Light version). We've had a little bottle for almost a year, and we use it fairly frequently, if that gives you an idea of how little you need and long it lasts.

If you google 'lubes', you'll see most companies are happy to send you samples of their product to try so you can see which one works best for you. Here's an excellent page on lubes from Toys in Babeland as well. I was in the store recently where there are sample bottles of everything, and in comparing the water based, there was a huge difference from sticky to silky to longer lasting.

We didn't buy a bottle, but I was also really impressed with the silicone-based ID Millenium lube. It's a little more expensive, but I can't imagine needing to reapply it at all, and a drop went a long way, so perhaps it's quite competitive with the water based. So if you want condom-safe and ultra-slick forever, silicone's probably the way to go.

Erika, We have never tryed Wet,I will get some and report back.

Hey hey alright thanks you guys. I was tempted to move into the world of silicone based lubes but eh....didn't know enough about it. 'Nuff said. And thanks for the tip on the sampler's, I'll definetly give that a try. Also that link was VERY helpful! :)

Last edited:
Me and the ladyfriend use...

Liquid Silk. Can be brought descretely over the Internet.

Its by fair the best stuf i've ever used. Great for sex and UNBELIEVEABLE handjobs (if some what messy!)

:)

I second the Liquid Silk. We have tried quite a few kinds, and the Liquid Silk is by far the best.

I'll third the liquid silk... i have a big bottle of it.. its great.

When I was at the grocery store I found a Kroger house-brand Lubricating Jelly. It is in a 4 oz. tube that looks like toothpaste. The jelly is clear though. Water soluble too. It claims to "compare to KY jelly" on the lable.

It works for me and is inexpensive too.

The best ting I have found is "Simply Wonderful" found at health food stores. Will not fade away untill you use soap and water. Only takes a little..... Fells like natural fluids.

Eros Bodyglide is a wonderful product -- extremely slippery, good for all kinds of play, non scented, doesn't taste like anything, good for massage and stays slick for a long time. We've been using it for years. It's great. :)

IMO there isn't a one-size-fits-all lube. I prefer water based lubes for sex. Astroglide and Liquid Silk are both good. The silicone lubes are very good but a bit trickier to clean up.

For masturbation, I prefer an oil-based lube as the water-based ones dry out too quickly. The silicone ones are not too bad for this either.

For anal play I really prefer a thicker lube that isn't going to dry out.

J-Lube is a lot of fun too...

Milenium ID. It's silicone based so it doesn't EVER get sticky (my main complaint with water based lubes)... but if you get it on a hard floor be prepared to slip and fall on your ass. It doesn't clean up easy.

cordite said:
IMO there isn't a one-size-fits-all lube. I prefer water based lubes for sex. Astroglide and Liquid Silk are both good. The silicone lubes are very good but a bit trickier to clean up.

For masturbation, I prefer an oil-based lube as the water-based ones dry out too quickly. The silicone ones are not too bad for this either.

For anal play I really prefer a thicker lube that isn't going to dry out.

J-Lube is a lot of fun too...

I'm inclined to agree. There isn't one for all.

I guess the best solution is to have a selection on hand. :eek:

PPenny said:
Milenium ID. It's silicone based so it doesn't EVER get sticky (my main complaint with water based lubes)... but if you get it on a hard floor be prepared to slip and fall on your ass. It doesn't clean up easy.
If you don't mind, have you used this, or how do you think it would be for anal play?

PPenny said:

Second the nomination on Mienium Id. Only used it a few times. Anal sex has not been tried but anal stimulation was and she nor I had complaints. Never seen the Liquid Silk but hope its in stores.

Username_In_Use said:
Me and my girlfriend have already tried Astroglide, KY Jelly and this other crappy lube(made by Durex...doesn't last at all). Anyway, thanks for any replies.

stay away from KY ... it wasn't meant for sex. It was made for quick doctor exams.
it gets tacky and gross.

silicone based lubes for anal and most toys
WATER based for vaginal when using condoms

Wet brand lube, in the dark blue or light blue bottle is the ONLY thing I will EVER use for anything. Its the best of the best, I personally checked every other lube out there ... nothing compaires.
Others will say differently, and its sort of a preference thing, but... trust me.

I prefer this lube from good vibrations. It's water, not silicone based, so it's safe to use with condoms AND all of my toys. It's also glycerin free.

So I get to use a great lube and support a website I love. Plus, the slim metal pump bottle is good for not fumbling with caps and sits on my bedside table for easy access without being tacky.

http://www.babeland.com/page/TIB/PROD/FC845005

We prefer the above lube. It is odorless and tasteless. It really works great for Anal play, better than Ky, which we do not like. We now have two bottles of Wet because I had heard so much about it. It's okay just not as good so I'm going back to babeland lube next time. The lube matters less to me than to him.

Fury :rose:

FurryFury said:
http://www.babeland.com/page/TIB/PROD/FC845005

We prefer the above lube. It is odorless and tasteless. It really works great for Anal play, better than Ky, which we do not like. We now have two bottles of Wet because I had heard so much about it. It's okay just not as good so I'm going back to babeland lube next time. The lube matters less to me than to him.

Fury :rose:

Ooo, that babeland lube looks good. I'll have to try to remember it when we run out of the bottle I just got from goodvibes.com.

Back