Chain Story Idea ... Any takers?

simply_cyn

Really Experienced
I've been toying with the idea of starting a chain story but before I got it started, I thought I would throw out the idea and see if anyone else was interested. My idea is on Greek Myths. For example:

The Gift of Fire
Padora's Box
Persephone and the Seasons
The Story of Arachne
The Many Tasks of Heracles (this one can have multiple chapers)
Echo & Narcissus
Daedalus and Icarus
Bellerophon & the Flying Horse
Jason and the Golden Fleece
King Midas

The list goes on and on.

I actually have a book with a synopsis of each of the listed greek myths along with others but I don't think this chain story would have to be limited to just those. With all the gods and goddesses, this chain story really could be limitless, open to our creativity and imagination. I also don't think that there would necessarily need to be an order or set date as greek myths seem to swirl and connect all around each other.

But hey, I'm a chain story virgin so I'm open to suggestions. I just think there are some sizzling stories out there just waiting to be created about our mythical heros/heroines.

Anyone interested?

cyn

That's great, cloudy! I look forward to reading your installment.

Like I said, I have a book of Greek Myths if you need ideas but you are more than welcome to come up with your own. Just let me know what you decide to write about so I can kind of keep a running list.

I think this chain story has the potential to be very entertaining and very erotic!

Cyn

Sign me up too. If the schedule is long enough, put me towards the end of August if you would please.

I would love to be involved. I'd like to do either Prometheus (fire) or Pandora, if neither of those are taken. Also, I'm super busy the next four weeks, so I would need my deadline to be after that, if you don't mind.

Cyn - you might contact Sexxy Vixen to get the details on putting a chain together, I know she's at least one really good one!

Thanks for starting this!

Possible Greek Myth Storylines

Okay, here are the Greek Myths that I have in my book. If you would like to do one of these listed, just holler and I'll put your name next to that particular one. You can always do a story based loosely on a Greek mythological character too. Just let me know what it is that you have decided.

The Gift of Fire
Pandora's Box - Willow_Rain
Persphone and the Seasons - simply_cyn :nana: POSTED!
The Story of Arachne - Stella_Omega
Heracles & the Man-Eating Lion
Heracles & the Nine-Headed Hydra
Heracles & the Stag with Golden Antlers
Heracles & the Huge Wild Boar
Heracles & the Augean Stables
Heracles & the Stymphalian Birds
Heracles & the Great Bull of Crete
Heracles & the Man-Eating Horses
Heracles & the Amazon Queen's Belt - simply_cyn
Heracles & the Cattle of Geryon
Heracles & the Golden Apples
Heracles & the Guard Dog of the Underworld
Echo and Narcissus - Dar~ :nana: POSTED!
Daedalus and Icarus - Stella_Omega
Bellerophon and the Flying Horse
Jason & the Argonauts: The Argo Sets Sail
Jason & the Argonauts: The Harpies - Sean_Renaud :) SUBMITTED
Jason & the Argonauts: The Clashing Rocks
Jason & the Argonauts: Fire-Breathing Bulls & Dragons' Teeth
Jason & the Argonauts: The Golden Fleece - Remec
King Midas - missteez
The Adventures of Perseus: The Beginning - Goldeniangel
The Adventures of Perseus: The Head of Medusa - Willow_Rain
The Adventures of Perseus: Andromeda - Goldeniangel
The Adventures of Perseus: The Prophecy - Joe_Wordsworth
The Chariot of the Sun
The Adventures of Odysseus: The Beginning
The Adventures of Odysseus: The Wooden Horse
The Adventures of Odysseus: Cyclops, the One-Eyed Giant
The Adventures of Odysseus: A Bag of Winds
The Adventures of Odysseus: Circe's Magic - cloudy
The Adventures of Odysseus: The Sirens - simply_cyn
The Adventures of Odysseus: Scylla and Charybdis - Sean_Renaud
The Adventures of Odysseus: The Sacred Cattle
The Adventures of Odysseus: Storm and Shipwreck
The Adventures of Odysseus: The Goddess Calypso
The Adventures of Odysseus: Home at Last
The Adventures of Odysseus: The Test of Strength
Theseus and the Minotaur
Pygmalion and His Wife - RedHairedandFriendly
Eros and Psyche - missteez

Others NOT in the book:

Prometheus - LogoPhile
The Birth of Athena - Remec
Aphrodite - Goldeniangel :nana: POSTED!
Paris & Helen - Goldeniangel :nana: POSTED!
Zeus & Hera - Goldeniangel :nana: POSTED!

** I also have a list of Greek names if you need some ideas. Just leave me a message!!

Last edited:
Hmmm...

I've proven in the past to be too slow a writer to be good at these. Maybe, though... Just maybe...

Are you willing to accept an "I'll try..." on this one for just now?

Q_C

Um... Question: Is it necessary that the story take place in Greek history, so to speak (not one for words just now)? I mean, is it an issue if I'd prefer to take the characters and place them in a different environment?

Curiosity. BTW, I'm considering Daedalus and Icarus just now.

Q_C

Echo and Narcissus and can you pm me whats in your book?

Quiet_Cool said:
Um... Question: Is it necessary that the story take place in Greek history, so to speak (not one for words just now)? I mean, is it an issue if I'd prefer to take the characters and place them in a different environment?

Curiosity. BTW, I'm considering Daedalus and Icarus just now.

Q_C
Whoops, i didn't see your post before I posted.
well, if you want it, you get it- but i may have to write mine as well...

I'll ask for Arachne as second choice, I think. Or Bellopheron and the flying horse.
My question is yours- but I'll frame it differently- Must we keep the stories in their historical reference,?

A problem (for me anyway).

Greek mythology offers no legends of the goddesses that involve passion between women, unlike those of the male deities.

Unless a pseudo myth can be cobbled, those of us who prefer our stories about women who love women are going to be left out.

A suggestion, a story about Sappho and Aphrodite? Sappho wrote a famous poem about the goddess:

http://www.stoa.org/diotima/anthology/vandiver.shtml

SophiaY said:

Greek mythology offers no legends of the goddesses that involve passion between women, unlike those of the male deities.

Unless a pseudo myth can be cobbled, those of us who prefer our stories about women who love women are going to be left out.

A suggestion, a story about Sappho and Aphrodite? Sappho wrote a famous poem about the goddess:

http://www.stoa.org/diotima/anthology/vandiver.shtml

If you are retelling the myths and just adding sex, it's one thing. But if the myth cycle is just a guide:

Odesseus left Penelope alone for ten years and she rejected all suitors, but there is no reason to assume she wasn't involved with one of more women.

Basically, in any retelling, you should be able to make the sexual action of any orientation that pleases. Only a few by the title demand certain characters. With Amazons, and queen Omphale and the furies to choose from, it shouldn't be a terrible problem to find one you like where you can spin the erotic to taste and still be faithful tot he chain :)

Colleen Thomas said:
If you are retelling the myths and just adding sex, it's one thing. But if the myth cycle is just a guide:

Odesseus left Penelope alone for ten years and she rejected all suitors, but there is no reason to assume she wasn't involved with one of more women.

Basically, in any retelling, you should be able to make the sexual action of any orientation that pleases. Only a few by the title demand certain characters. With Amazons, and queen Omphale and the furies to choose from, it shouldn't be a terrible problem to find one you like where you can spin the erotic to taste and still be faithful tot he chain :)

If the myth cycle is only a guide – like a melody to improvise around – then of course any permutation of desire is possible.
More fun as well, especially if it is done with myths that been played… straight (okay, an easy pun)

However, no more Amazons as Lesbians – please!

SophiaY said:

I am going to freely adapt- Icarus and Deadalus, could be female, for instance. It's the plot, and morals that are important I think.
I was going to do it gay though- but Arachne...
Any of Hercules' labors could be adapted to a butch- The Harpies could be told from their point of view, as women who have cast themselves out of society and are viewed with repulsion but in fact are merely trying to repulse men from their domain (that's not far from the original, at that)

I've actually had a similar idea to this, only not as a chain story, since I'm far too controlling.

Many stories of a mythological nature (of multiple groups, Greek, Celtic, Phoenician, etc.) have occurred to me, but there is (of course) the same concern that Sophia mentioned. The problem with erotic retellings of well-known Greek myths, in a lesbian context, is that well-known Greek myths almost invariably revolve around men. Of course, that does depend upon how much one sticks to the original material. There is artistic license after all; although, if one strays too far, it could perhaps inspire the question of why one didn't just write a wholly new story in the first place.

Years and years ago, (as in back when an actor was first elected President), a college friend of mine penned a satirical story about Herculia and her 12 Labors. The twist, outside of gender, was that the Labors involved satisifying the wants of different women.

It was a political satire as it was erotica. Each of the 12 women represented different identifications – the femme, the trucker dyke, the tomboy, the lipstick lesbian, the hippie, and so on.

Poor Herculia! Being strong doesn’t make you flexible…

Back