hymen :/

lmaonade

Virgin
hello, my girlfriend is a virgin and we have tried to have sex several times. however, it is hard to break her hymen (it hurts her a lot and it seems to be very thick). if there is anything that would help her first time be as smooth as possible, and also any tips as to being able to have intercourse successfully, please let me know.

thanks in advance!

Bring her to orgasm first without penis to vagina penetration. Go down on her, do manual stimulation, maybe one or two fingers penetration, if you HAVE to have penetration. After she's come, she'll be laying there all relaxed and she'll be lubricated from her previous orgasm. You may want to add a little KY or something to your cock, too, just to help things a long a bit. Take it slow, because the female body is a funny thing. Even if the brain wants it, the vagina remembers YOOOWWWCCCCHHH!!!!! and will tense up to try to keep the intruder out. If you just stab it in there, it isn't going to work. Hopefully, the fact that she's somewhat relaxed now will help.

lmaonade said:
however, it is hard to break her hymen (it hurts her a lot and it seems to be very thick). if there is anything that would help her first time be as smooth as possible, and also any tips as to being able to have intercourse successfully, please let me know.

An OB/GYN visit would seem to be indicated. The OB/GYN can remove her hymen if it is unnaturally thick, or just to ease her defloration if it's normal, but at the very least, an exam and a doctor's reassurance that some pain is a normal part of defloration will help her relax.

Second, when you think you've done enough foreplay, start over from scratch and do at least that much more -- twice! If she's not completely aroused -- to the point of begging for defloration if you can manage it -- she's going to have problems with nerves and second thoughts.

I second visiting your doctor to talk about this sortof thing. Its actually fairly normal, as far as I can tell, having problems with sex in the beginning.
Since you are having sex, she should be going to an OBGYN anyway. And while at a visit she can simply ask. (They do sometimes note those things for you as well, while checking everything out to make sure its all in proper working order. :) )

Yes, I have to agree with the visit to an OB/GYN. I didn't have any problems with my hymen, it broke quite easily with very little pain, but it sounds to me like she may have an abnormality that could be fixed by the doctor. I've heard of some women having to have their hymens removed by the doctor because it would break even after having sex the first time. Just my $0.02.

isn't it true that some hymens can actually calcify?? it seems to me i read about this a few years ago.

It does sound like she should be checked out by a doctor. I had the same problem, I could not even insert a tampon. Turns out my hymen was very thick and it would have been extremely difficult if not impossible to break it just with penile penetration. After surgical intervention and a night in hospital I had no more problems, though my first time did still hurt :rolleyes:

It does sound like she should be checked out by a doctor. I had the same problem, I could not even insert a tampon. Turns out my hymen was very thick and it would have been extremely difficult if not impossible to break it just with penile penetration. After surgical intervention and a night in hospital I had no more problems, though my first time did still hurt :rolleyes:

I know this is from like a hundred years ago, but I'm relatively new :eek:

I went to the doctor when I was younger and he told me that I would have to have my hymen removed... is a hospital stay always necessary or is that in certain cases?

I don't know if this ever gets looked at, but just in case haha

It can be done in a day but it depends mostly on whether you're put under anaesthetic or not as in some cases only a local anaesthetic is used. If you're knocked out, an overnight stay is pretty much standard so you can be monitored for any ill effects post anaesthesia.

Either way, you have to take it easy for a few days and if you're really lucky, you'll get a donut cushion so that you can sit comfortably.

I hope your procedure is a success and that you can enjoy yourself as you would like to once you're recovered.

It can be done in a day but it depends mostly on whether you're put under anaesthetic or not as in some cases only a local anaesthetic is used. If you're knocked out, an overnight stay is pretty much standard so you can be monitored for any ill effects post anaesthesia.

Either way, you have to take it easy for a few days and if you're really lucky, you'll get a donut cushion so that you can sit comfortably.

I hope your procedure is a success and that you can enjoy yourself as you would like to once you're recovered.

Thanks for your response!! <3 This helps me plan when I do it... looks like it'll have to wait until I'm on Uni break again haha Damnit.

My vasectomy was 15 yrs ago as an outpatient. They used a general (I went to sleep) and 3 hours later (the second time I woke up) they sent me home with my spouse.

I'd assume such express service continues today...

Back