Adding a moderator to Chyoo

Manu

Just A Test Title OK
After much feedback on the issue, we are looking for someone who wants to moderate new stories posted to Chyoo.com.

Would like to get input from the Chyoo community on who would be a good person for this volunteer position?

Thanks!

That is great news.

Perhaps having a few moderators rather than just one would be a good idea. I'm sure you won't be short of volunteers.

Count me in.

I would be happy to help in this area. I would like to know a little better about what is expected and what to do, but count me in as part of the solution.

Hooray! A response! There's a bunch of people here that would be perfect for the job. Considering they're still with us...

actually manu if u want someone to help fix glitches and bugs also, ofhabit said he would be more than happy to do it.

As others have said, I'll reinforce:

Talk to jakelyon and ofhabit, because they've put effort and attention to keeping the site alive.

Consider a moderation committee rather than a single moderator.

-Z

ofhabit could certainly help with the coding aspect of CHYOO if need be and I think jakelyon would be a good choice for moderation as well as Zingiber and pretty much everyone else that's posted here so far.

moderators.

I am very happy to see a response from Manu. I guess all the waiting and badgering has paid off. A few names come to mind for moderators... jakelyon, twistedclown and ofhabit there are others, but I believe those three would make the best. In that order too.

I vote on ofhabit or jakelyon. I can name a few others as well but ofhabit especially has demonstrated that he wants to keep chyoo alive.

I'll volunteer. Also, jakelyon and twistedclown would make excellent moderators.

This is terrific news! I would under normal circumstances be happy to volunteer, by my current lack of a working PC makes this impossible. I wish the future moderators success, and look forward to a active evolving site!

P.S. Hope to have a new computer soon.

well i think it would be good to have a moderator for each catagory. And have a back up one just in case something happens to the first. And i was wondering if there is a way to delete the ones that have nothing in them and if there is a way to have someone else be the editor to the ones where the editor left? Other than that i am happy to volunteer, when are you planning on appointing one/them?

Unfortunately, several of those I would nominate are gone: gystex, daciasdesire, brevdravis, Sim8425, etc.

Others I'd recommend are Imhotep, lostandfound, Zingiber and gizmo69.

Surely there are enough names suggested now.

Let the moderation commence!

*waits eagerly in anticipation*

I'd be willing to do it. As I'm now trying to concentrate on my writing full time be it erotica or normal fiction. Something like this could be the thing to give the drive to get my arse in gear.

Thanks everyone!

I have gotten quite a few suggestions both in the forum and PM. I have added the following people as the first wave of moderators:

jakelyon
ofhabit
Torg
TwiztedClown

If you are one of these users, please feel free to contact me via PM if you have questions about the moderation system. Remember that this is something new, so we will no doubt need to tweak things to make it work the way you want it to work. The best way to let us know what you do want is to send me Private Messages!

Looking forward to seeing what happens. :)

Congrats to those four.

Also, it made me think... I didn't receive any nominations to be a moderator. I don't think I would have accepted, but it was the thought that counted. See how that is, it makes me see how far I've faded into the background of Chyoo. I guess I am comfortable with the seat in the back. I'll let your guys drive. And, it should be an interesting ride.

-Tim (niceguy2002tim)

German moderator

Since the bulk of foreign language stories on here are in German, I recommend Dark Ranger as someone who might make a good moderator in German.

Just a thought (looking at the 62 foreign language stories to be approved still).

Makes me wonder about who approved the German stories before. Does Manu know German?

well if i knew which language they were, i know of a website that could translate it to english lol. For now, shouldn't we just put down to resubmit anyways? Just to make sure that the writer is active or not. I mean the people that write in the other language story thing usually knows a bit of english.

TwiztedClown said:
well if i knew which language they were, i know of a website that could translate it to english lol. For now, shouldn't we just put down to resubmit anyways? Just to make sure that the writer is active or not. I mean the people that write in the other language story thing usually knows a bit of english.
The only problem is that story approval notification is not working. Thread approval notification works, but story notification doesn't. So, unless they actually go to the site, they won't know.

BTW, the "Contact User" form works. Maybe someone could go through all the recently denied stories and send email to the editors.

Maybe...

Maybe we could post a thread here and copy the body of the thread into the post here and let one of the German speakers to read it and let us no whether to approve it.

Any thoughts on this.

i was thinking about that, the only problem is that there is more than just german stories.

niceguy2002tim said:
Congrats to those four.

Also, it made me think... I didn't receive any nominations to be a moderator. I don't think I would have accepted, but it was the thought that counted. See how that is, it makes me see how far I've faded into the background of Chyoo. I guess I am comfortable with the seat in the back. I'll let your guys drive. And, it should be an interesting ride.

-Tim (niceguy2002tim)

Hmmmmm know the feeling well...work kept me wrapped up pretty tightly,...but back for now...hehe yay leave!

Back