Valentine's Day Story Contest Support Thread

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
These are the dates:

Valentine's Day
themes: romantic love, Valentine's Day, Cupid, sensuality, etc.
starts: January 20
closes: February 5
winners announced: February 12

Get your romantic thinking going.

Remember if you enter that you are exposing yourself to trolls, angst, frenetic vote watching and general emotional stress.

BUT - You should get more views, more votes, more PCs and feedback and some of that might spill over to your older stories.

No gain without pain.

This thread is to encourage you to enter, to support you when you start to write, when you are waiting for the story to post, when your story gets slammed and finally to congratulate those who win and sort out those willing to be considered for the infamous AH Last Place (tm) Contest.

Start writing now...

Please!

Og

I'll have to have a think on this one. I've got an idea for a story, but it doesn't lend itself to valentines day. It might get written first though as my mind is very much fixed on it.

I'll see if inspiration strikes!

It's too bloody early to be thinking of Valentines now though *L*

To encourage the others...

...and myself.

I have changed my signature to show all my Valentine's Day Contest entries from previous years.

They didn't win anything except an E for E-Mail Valentine.

Most of the AH ought to be capable of writing sexier and more romantic stories than I can - Go for it!

Og

This is the one contest I haven't entered yet. Until inspiration strikes, I suppose it'll stay that way. *sigh*

If I Can finish the Abs thumb death challenge before the 31st I may try to enter this one. No idea what to write yet but with such a broad and open category I'm sure there's got to be something out there to write about.

For once, I vow to get a story done and enter a contest. Since I wrote a whole and readable one in a day just recently, I have the delusion that I'm on a roll. We'll see how that goes....

I guess I really do have the time to finish the one I started last year. I'll drag it onto the screen and see what I can do with it.

Bel & I just started a collaborative story entitled Yours & Mine & Ours for this contest. :D

impressive said:
Bel & I just started a collaborative story entitled Yours & Mine & Ours for this contest. :D

Yeah, with Imp to push my buttons I can actualy finish something...

I don't know what I'll DO with it, but I have the title...
That's a start, at least!

Good luck all. What Og said is true, Endless has been read over 50,000 times which is the most for any of my stories and pretty darn good for a romance story. I can't wait to read the entries. If it's anything like the last contest, they should all be fantastic.

Yeah, I got a killer title...

Stella_Omega said:
That's a start, at least!

And about three good lines....

That's where I started with "Christmas Stalking"... although it usually works the other way 'round for me...

Hm, I have been thinking I'd like to start entering stories for contests, but somehow I have these ideas of stories I want to write that don't have anything at all to do with Valentines day... Well, I will try to think...

Only problem is I usually write in German first, but I suppose for the contest they should be in English.

bluefox07 and I are collaborating on our second story ... we are hoping to have it done in time for the Valentine's Day contest but don't keep your fingers crossed. We tend to drag things out! *laughs* But it should be good regardless ...

So hopefully, we are IN! Only time will tell ... :p

oggbashan said:
These are the dates:

Valentine's Day
themes: romantic love, Valentine's Day, Cupid, sensuality, etc.
starts: January 20
closes: February 5
winners announced: February 12

Get your romantic thinking going.

Remember if you enter that you are exposing yourself to trolls, angst, frenetic vote watching and general emotional stress.

BUT - You should get more views, more votes, more PCs and feedback and some of that might spill over to your older stories.

No gain without pain.

This thread is to encourage you to enter, to support you when you start to write, when you are waiting for the story to post, when your story gets slammed and finally to congratulate those who win and sort out those willing to be considered for the infamous AH Last Place (tm) Contest.

Start writing now...

Please!

Og

Oooogggggggggggg
*faints dead away thinking about another flipping contest*

cookiejar said:
I think my contest days have ended as of now. The e-mails I have been receiving after the last contest are vicious. At least I didn't get death threats like Sack but I've been informed I'm a no talent hack whose friends and acquaintances had a major part in my placing. No one told me you had to put up with this shit if you placed in a contest (I say place because I don't consider myself a real winner.) This was my 13th contest and I see a difference from my first or maybe I was younger and more naive then. Whatever it is I think I'll back off from contests; constructive criticism is fine but I draw the line at insults and verbal abuse.

Please don't cookie
from what I was hearing all around the boards and from those that I keep in close personal contact with... this apparently was normal... the ones near the top got hammered.... I remember DP from last contest was horrified as well from the types of comments that were coming in about him and his writing as well... I am so sorry that you had to deal and put up with this stuff I truly am... but don't let them drive you away okay

Back