Missing Images? Please read

Nigel

Smitten
Hello All:

Upon returning from my holiday festivities, I found several PMs asking about missing pictures.

Images HAVE been removed that are in violation of Lit's posting guidelines. A reminder of those guidelines can be found here:

https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=346199

The laws have changed, and Lit has had to change along with them, or risk being shut down for violating those laws. As those that run Lit do not want the site shut down (and I hope that you don't either), they have been removing pics as they find them. You can also help with this by a) not posting pics in violation of the guidelines, and b) reporting pics that are in violation as you see them.

Personally, I think it's a shame that the freedom that was had in posting previously (with SOME limitations) is no longer possible. However, if we want to avoid lawsuits, fines, imprisionment, etc. - as well as keep Literotica available to us, this is what we have to live with.

Thanks to all for your patience - I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks,

Nigel

Thank you Nigel

At least now we all know what is going on.....although i must admit that some of the pics that have been removed dont seem to go against the rules, but then i suppose the theory is better safe than sorry

ShavedGuy said:
Thank you Nigel

At least now we all know what is going on.....although i must admit that some of the pics that have been removed dont seem to go against the rules, but then i suppose the theory is better safe than sorry

better safe than sorry on the pictures that are removed and things say "no longer a valid attachment"

but what about the pictures that completely dissapear without an "edited by" or things like that...there are many lately that are just GONE...no link still there or anything...and many of them do actually follow the rules, or at least would not outwardly seem to violate them.

Thanks

At least we all know, I agree it's a shame that the laws have changed, but we will just have to deal with it.

Thank you for giving us some answers! I am still confused though that there are some pictures on the threads of genitalia, orgasm, sexual intercourse and more, and yet I have had photographs removed of my bottom still wearing underwear and no genitals exposed whatsoever. This is where i think a lot of confusion has come in from users of the site. I personally choose not to post any pics of my genitals and yet those that do still seem to be on display for all to see! Not that I have a problem with that, each to their own!

I do thank you again though for clearing up the reasons behind the missing pics. At least we know that there isn't someone hacking into the site!

um ok i do respect its your place and we have to abide by your rules we chose to come here thats fine
but errm what was wrong with my pics on my advent thread they didnt even show any thing :eek: in one i had a full body on and the other i had tinsel covering any thing that could be contraversial
im not a whinger but they were nice pics

We all respect Lit's rules, and often remind newcomers who overstep the line, but the images that have gone missing are a world away from even coming close to breaking the rules. And when it's happened in the past there's been a note explaining that the image has gone.

Still a bloody marvelous site for all that!

In forcing rules.

Thank you for letting membership know what is happening. Still do not understand the rules so I will ask here.

Here are the basic Forum Photo Guidelines:

- Legally, we can allow soft nudity, but under current United States law, photographs (does not apply to non-photographic images) posted on this site may not contain "sexually explicit conduct", which the government defines as:

- Actual or simulated:
(A) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex;

***Ok I understand this one****

(B) bestiality;

(C) masturbation;

***Ok I understand this one**** so I can not touch myself got it.

(D) sadistic or masochistic abuse; or

(E) lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person.

*****Now this I donot understand and I bet many people do not too. Is it ok to show picture on my cock as I walk around my house, or sitting at my desk( not touching myself...just there working nude)?
Or if I walk thru house again and take picture of my ass?

***Now if my old lady walks thru house nude is that ok?

****Or she is resting on the bed nude take a picture of her breasts?
or of her pussy( she is not touching herself or has anything in her pussy...toys... nothing not holding her lips -legs open)?

****Or she bend over to pick up something and I take picture of her nude with her ass showing... ass and pussy showing?

****Now the last thing when will AV be removed that do not meet the rules?****

- All persons in all adult-themed photographs must be over 18 years of age.
- Image must not contain URL or other advertisement.
- You must have a legal right from the copyright owner to post any images - i.e. photographs/drawings that you yourself created and/or have a license or other permission to post.

If you see any images which violate these guidelines, please report the post and we will review your report. Anyone caught repeatedly violating these guidelines may have their image posting privileges revoked. Literotica may remove any image for any reason without notice, and may periodically purge old images from the forums.

I understand the reason this is happening, and sad that this has happen. I did write to my reps telling them what I think of this.

Thank You

Thanks

drtshare said:
Thank you for letting membership know what is happening. Still do not understand the rules so I will ask here.

Here are the basic Forum Photo Guidelines:

- Legally, we can allow soft nudity, but under current United States law, photographs (does not apply to non-photographic images) posted on this site may not contain "sexually explicit conduct", which the government defines as:

- Actual or simulated:
(A) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex;

(B) bestiality;

(C) masturbation;

***Ok I understand this one**** so I can not touch myself got it.

(D) sadistic or masochistic abuse; or

(E) lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person.

*****Now this I donot understand and I bet many people do not too. Is it ok to show picture on my cock as I walk around my house, or sitting at my desk( not touching myself...just there working nude)?
Or if I walk thru house again and take picture of my ass?

***Now if my old lady walks thru house nude is that ok?

****Or she is resting on the bed nude take a picture of her breasts?
or of her pussy( she is not touching herself or has anything in her pussy...toys... nothing not holding her lips -legs open)?

****Or she bend over to pick up something and I take picture of her nude with her ass showing... ass and pussy showing?

****Now the last thing when will AV be removed that do not meet the rules?****

- All persons in all adult-themed photographs must be over 18 years of age.
- Image must not contain URL or other advertisement.
- You must have a legal right from the copyright owner to post any images - i.e. photographs/drawings that you yourself created and/or have a license or other permission to post.

If you see any images which violate these guidelines, please report the post and we will review your report. Anyone caught repeatedly violating these guidelines may have their image posting privileges revoked. Literotica may remove any image for any reason without notice, and may periodically purge old images from the forums.

I understand the reason this is happening, and sad that this has happen. I did write to my reps telling them what I think of this.

Thank You
I think it would be a great idea if the lawyers for Lit. would get together and set definitions of " lascivious display". I am not insulting lawyers, after all they are the ones that will be in the court rooms defend Lit and many other sites just like Lit., but it would be great to see the parameters the management at Lit are using so we can all get on the same page. It does seem that some of the pictures pulled do not fall into the rules posted. And some of the AV's are definatly breaking the rules. That may the reason some of us newbies may have been asking the loudest. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Well, this is an issue that kinda pisses me off, not because there are pictures missing but because this is an adult site for adult users and not children. As adults I feel we have the right to look at anything we please, as long as it is of other adults doing other legal things and taking pictures of it. I am pretty damned conservative. This is as sexualy loose at I get. Instead of going out and having sexual escapades we do it thru a safe outlet like this one. No one has ever got some nasty rash from looking at a website and if you monitor your children they will not be exposed to it either.

You know there are millions of sites where you can see people screwing and masterbating out their and that will not change. What is nice about this place is that for the most part the people are real and you get the feeling you are doing it with them not just gawking at them, ok well that too, but my point is that it is real and safe.

You know i am thankful for the government and what they do but sometimes they have their heads so far up their asses it hurts to watch.

Lit is doing the right thing, but when this does come before the courts it will be struck down. I of course do not want lit to have to be the ones to fight that fight, it cost lots of money. The right thing to do would be to have to show proof of ID before being alowed on a website like this.

When lit takes a picture off of the site it is not censorship, but when the government make them do it, well then it is.

So my rant is complete, what little sence i have made I hope is well recieved.

bunch of fucking bitch ass pussies is what you are. you're all wasting yourime waiting for the mods and admins to answer your complaints now that they've made their appearance this year.

Keep rolling over like this and next thing you know you can kiss the stories goodbye as well. and after that, the government is going to be putting electronic padlocks on your pants to keep them on.

hmmm wondering how one would define lascivious display :confused: Had a wonderful run with my 3 year old thread staring a character named Willy with lots of humor in it, guess I will just have to hide Willy away :(

those that weren't humorous, were in a category I would call penis art, artistic photos rather than erotic ones. Others were just me being goofy naked. It kills me because my postings all lead into supporting pictures and now the pics are gone :mad: and yes, many do not fall into the banned categories. Guess it is time to retire dear ole cowboy Willy once and for all.

So is a wrinkly non-erect penis allowed??

Maybe Lit should explore being hosted overseas, perhaps in the UK or Russia?? the internet is un policeable in that way.

Do you understand how this process works?

ZfrkS62 said:
bunch of fucking bitch ass pussies is what you are.

For asking questions? for raising concerns? The Mods are trying to work within the very vague guidelines of a statute that is no likely to stand up to a legal challenge. However, barring such litigation (and the lengthy appeals process necessary if such statute is to be definitively struck down - eg the Supreme Court), additional guidance is unlikely. One poster raised the 'better safe than sorry' line of thinking - very likely applicable in this situation. So given this seemingly arbitrary and widely untested law, what do you want the VOLUNTEER mods to do? risk losing the site? Think about it - it is unrealistic to expect that folks who are trying to make this shit work out of the goodness of their hearts would respond to every questioning post and/or e-mail.

I see three options if we are to 'address' this issue:

1) Establish FIRM guidelines, hire a full time mod, and stick to them. Establish an administrative appeals process to deal with those who disagree. This will likely require the imposition of fees, and/or advertising to cover costs.

2) Move the site offshore, thus sidestepping the reach of US laws. given that the entity that administers this site is US based, it would either have to be made informal (if it is not already), or reincorporated offshore - again, this will cost $$$

3) Status quo.

Keep in mind folks, the key language at the heart of the statute that has driven this site to take these steps (as I have read it...granted, I have not delved deeply enough into it to be truly authoratitive) involves verification of models. Essentially, the statute in question requires that any images that may be 'lacivious' etc. must be accompanied by verification of the model's age. Since Lit doesn't want to take this on (why would they?), they choose instead to remove those images that would seem to bring the applicable statute in to play (can't recall the statute's number, but if I find it, I'll post the text).

Given all of this, I still think that it would be approbriate for someone to modify the - Free Speech, No Spam! - tagline.

Last edited:
Most of us just want to make sure we are all playing within the same set of rules so noone looses lit. Is that wrong. If that makes a fucking bitch ass pussy, so be it. I will be writing my local rep. and congressman tonight. Get off your fucking soapbox and write yours to loudmouth.

So my question is how long before the stories disappear and then I'll wait for posts like Khan-E's(did i get that right?)and the incest posts like daddys little girl to disappear,etc.
Don't get me wrong,I'm not bitching at the moderators or the site.
I smell george orwells' cologne in the air.

so how do normal adult sites work? how can they get around these rules?

if its a pay thing. just set the bar ridicilously low paypals payments per anum. that way we can get server maintenence or buy a pizza for the mods

saintsinner42 said:
so how do normal adult sites work? how can they get around these rules?
From what I know it is:

A: A pay thing
B: It also depends on where the servers a located physically.

It's bullocks

There is a bug on here as well

Those of us that have been here for a few years know that Lit has had probs in the past with pix either disappearing or getting switched to other threads.

It's not just the rules thing, because there are FAR too many pix that meet the regulations and they are being removed as well

Also, normally when a pic is removed by a mod, they give a reason for doing so.

Now, I know damn well the two owners of this site do not actually do the removing of images on here. It is the mods. And if the mods are saying they're not doing it, then it's pretty obvious that there is another bug on Lit.

This is something that really needs to be looked into in more depth. I know it's not just the "rules" thing that is going on here. And as I said in my thread, if it is a case of mods/owners removing pix because of the rules, then I'm done with Lit. Because it's BS to remove pix that are within regulations of the rules, AND THEN not tell the person why the pix were removed.

There is another site that I go to that has to follow the same rules, and on there, it is ok to show full nude shots. It is ok to show the vagina as long as it is not being spread, played with, or penetrated in any way. It is ok to be completely nude for both the female and males (in the male case, no hard cocks, masterbation or penetration of any kind)

I do hope the problem is resolved soon

ShyGuy68 said:
From what I know it is:

A: A pay thing
B: It also depends on where the servers a located physically.

well if its just a normal pay thing, Make this a Dollar Pay board to see pictures

If you have pics here of yours you wonder about i suggest you get them copied from here because they will disappear.

Just received a PM stating that some pics have been removed for violating site guidelines. Regarding those that clearly don't violate said guidelines, the statement was a resounding "I don't know" from the mod. No word on whether anything's being done to figure out what the cause is. :(

Vandren said:
Just received a PM stating that some pics have been removed for violating site guidelines. Regarding those that clearly don't violate said guidelines, the statement was a resounding "I don't know" from the mod. No word on whether anything's being done to figure out what the cause is. :(

Considering this is the first time i have ever seen the mods post a damn thing, i'm going to say again that they don't give a shit.

and joe, maybe you're still blinded by the wonderful thought of democracy, but your congressman doesn't give a shit about what you have to say. Everyone on capitol hill cares about one thing: themselves. Especially those in the Monkey's cabinet.

ZfrkS62 said:
Considering this is the first time i have ever seen the mods post a damn thing, i'm going to say again that they don't give a shit.

This is actually the third or fourth thing the AmPics mod has said. Most people haven't "heard" the others, though, because they've been too busy listening to themselves talking and passing along wild rumors. And only a couple of us have actually taken it upon ourselves to contact the forum mod rather than passing judgement and rumor. He's responded promptly to all the PMs I've heard about. And he started this thread (so it definitely can't be "the first time [you] have ever seen [him] post" anything, it has to be at least the second time).

In the past, the mods have been reasonably active regarding site issues and such, in my experience. This one happens to have fallen during/around the holiday season, which is probably the reason for slow responses (as noted by several other people, they're all volunteers with lives offline).

Back