Earth Day Story Contest Support Thread

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
The next contest is Earth Day:

Earth Day (April 22)
themes: nature appreciation, outdoors, etc.
starts: March 25
closes: April 13
winners announced: April 19

This is the Author's Hangout Support Thread for writers to complain about writer's block, lack of inspiration, the dread of entering contests and to ENCOURAGE each other to fight the way through obstacles to produce a great story for trolls and anonymous to savage.

As always, the advantages of entering a Literotica Contest are increased visibility for your story and you as an author; more views; more votes and more response. And of course you might win actual MONEY! (and a little W against your name)

The disadvantages are the increased visibility and the unkind things that may be posted about your work. Some of the comments may be unkind but helpful. Some may just be ****!

Earth Day is one of the more difficult contest themes so entries MIGHT be fewer. Your chance of winning could be statistically better than in other contests. If not, there is always the hard fought Author's Hangout Last Place (tm) Contest. The current holder Rumple Foreskin is expected to strive hard to retain his title.

Get ready to write. Get dirty for Earth Day.

Og

Edited to show how (or how NOT) to write an Earth Day entry.

drksideofthemoon edited by Og:

"To their horror they realised that the oil draining from their wrecked motorcaravan was running towards the fresh, clean, unpolluted creek so they threw their bodies in the way of the slick and they fucked when the sun came up, and they fucked in the morning. They fucked after lunch, and in the afternoon. They fucked before, during, and after supper. And at night, they fucked under the twinkling stars until the oil had seeped into the ground or had been volatised by the heat of their coupling. Satisfied that they had saved the creek from pollution, they staggered away to seek rest and telephoned the nearest auto repairman."

Last edited:
Well, it looks like I'm the first to toss my hat into the`ring.... Please, don't step on it, a good stetson is hard to find in my size....

Earth Day.... My stories usually have some "Planting" in them but I don't know about trees.....

i'll figure out something.... I live between three of the largest National Forests in Texas, so there is a starting point....

Ooo I feel so dirty already :D

I have an idea... it's percolating...

so, who has any theories on when it's best to enter, the beginning, middle, or end of a contest??

SelenaKittyn said:
so, who has any theories on when it's best to enter, the beginning, middle, or end of a contest??

How about one story at the beginning, one in the middle, and one at the end? At least one should be a contender for Last Place (tm). :D

Og

oggbashan said:
How about one story at the beginning, one in the middle, and one at the end? At least one should be a contender for Last Place (tm). :D

Og
The story I have in mind might have to be posted in three parts..... :eek:

How do Novellas or Novels do in contests?

I am so inspired! Let's get this party started right!

---

Diamond squealed in a high-pitched voice as another glob pelted her in the side of the face and clung to her hair.

Spitting out the taste she hissed, "You will pay fer that, darlin!" She circled her opponent before going in for the kill. Hicks of all ages hooted and howled as she grabbed the slimmer asian hurling her to the ground with a wet splat.

The cute asian, aptly named Asia, grunted and moaned as the larger woman came bearing down on her. Shouts of "oh my fuckin gawd" and "jimminy christmas" could be heard over the normal shouts of delight and wolf whistles.

Cat claws scrapped against mud-slicked flesh and suddenly Diamond's huge tata's popped free for all to see. Many decided right then and there they had gotten their $5 worth and anything extra was, well, extra. This however, did not stop Diamond from mashing down on Asia, but mud is slick like that, and the agile oriental twisted under her, sending the gargantuan- jugged bimbo to the "mat."

Mud flew like a tidal wave, involving those spectators lucky enough to have ringside views. But this only encouraged the drunk and toothless to howl with even more fevor.

"I'ma gonna save these clothes so I can remember this day forever," one newly-converted fan claimed to his buddy...

---

Hmm ok maybe not. :eek:

Hope everyone has fun with the Earthy themes.

Kev

Crikey, is it that time already? :rolleyes:

I haven't had a good idea since last year, lol. *crosses fingers*

TxRad said:
The story I have in mind might have to be posted in three parts..... :eek:

How do Novellas or Novels do in contests?

Better than when not in a contest. However the content is critical. If the theme is Incest, Anal, BDSM, Loving Wives - it is probably wise to put a disclaimer at the beginning of each part.

Og

Bel & I are writing a piece for Phaze's Surge contest. If it doesn't get accepted, it'd be suitable for Earth Day.

oggbashan said:
Better than when not in a contest. However the content is critical. If the theme is Incest, Anal, BDSM, Loving Wives - it is probably wise to put a disclaimer at the beginning of each part.

Og
My one incest story wasn't incesty enough... daughter-in-law instead of daughter....

Anal..... well, that might slip in accidentally... :eek:

BDSM.... uh.. not this time... although tied to a tree has interesting cogitations....

Loving Wives..... :eek: :eek: Hell No!!!!!

Nope just a lonely guy on a camping trip way back in the woods and the interesting ladies he might meet or meat there....

Aurora Black said:
Is LW really as bad a category as everybody makes it sound? *ducks* :D

Yes, because whatever you write, you will annoy about one third of the readership.

Og

OhMissScarlett said:
*does half-assed cartwheels*

I'm having a real image problem with this one. :eek: I'd ask how, but the half-an-ass thing really frightens me.

No idea. No time. No hope. But then, when you've just won the Valentine's Day, Last Place (tm) Contest, everything else in the world of writing is a bit anti-climactic. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's time for Outdoor Angie to get her young rear in gear and head back into the wilderness to try, once more, for a little nookie in nature.

Rumple Foreskin :cool:

Rumple Foreskin said:
No idea. No time. No hope. But then, when you've just won the Valentine's Day, Last Place (tm) Contest, everything else in the world of writing is a bit anti-climactic. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's time for Outdoor Angie to get her young rear in gear and head back into the wilderness to try, once more, for a little nookie in nature.

Rumple Foreskin :cool:

You know, a tale of the 1st Annual Camp-Out for the Chrurch of the Burning Bush and Discount Shooting gallery might be in order...especially if the all nude Swedish Volleyball team is camping at the same spot....

note to Sister True:...don't get yur panties in a knot, they have a men's team too

Well I've got my idea -I just have to get round to writing it.

(you know, I only continue to do it so I can torture Rumply by "allowing" him to edit my drivel! I'm really a little :devil:

Back