Akito01

Really Really Experienced
I found this on another forum:

'Hi I have a question

How many people do you know of that:
- had for years problems finding a girlfriend
- then bought a doll
- and found love with a real woman after some month of owning the doll

Please list every case you know or heard about and if referring to a post please give the link to it.

I would like to back a theory about love and relationship I heard of and this would be a very good prove of it.

Thank you'

I don't know what his particular theory is, but it does seem to me that where obvious despiration would be unattractive to the opposite sex, someone who is relaxed and having their sexual needs met would be more likely to be able to converse and meet a girl in a more general way.

It struck me as an interseting set up for a story. A young man, having been shot down one too many times and not looking forward to another night with just his right hand gives in to the temptation to buy a sex doll. After a few timid nights, he really learns to be comfortable with the doll, and buys it clothes to wear and fucks it on a regular basis. No longer so driven to seek sex, he falls into an easy friendship with a young woman who begins to fall for him in a romantic way.

From this point on, the story can go in a variety of directions, but in the end, the young man puts his toy away and graduates to the much more fulfilling relationship with a real girl.

Akito01 said:
I found this on another forum:

'Hi I have a question

How many people do you know of that:
- had for years problems finding a girlfriend
- then bought a doll
- and found love with a real woman after some month of owning the doll

Please list every case you know or heard about and if referring to a post please give the link to it.

I would like to back a theory about love and relationship I heard of and this would be a very good prove of it.

Thank you'

I don't know what his particular theory is, but it does seem to me that where obvious despiration would be unattractive to the opposite sex, someone who is relaxed and having their sexual needs met would be more likely to be able to converse and meet a girl in a more general way.

It struck me as an interseting set up for a story. A young man, having been shot down one too many times and not looking forward to another night with just his right hand gives in to the temptation to buy a sex doll. After a few timid nights, he really learns to be comfortable with the doll, and buys it clothes to wear and fucks it on a regular basis. No longer so driven to seek sex, he falls into an easy friendship with a young woman who begins to fall for him in a romantic way.

From this point on, the story can go in a variety of directions, but in the end, the young man puts his toy away and graduates to the much more fulfilling relationship with a real girl.
I think this is a wonderful idea!
I had an idea like this last year (based on a true story), but I don't write that well when putting my ideas on paper (I'm worse with dialog).

The article this idea came out of was about a man who was working on a female robot, then when he got a girlfriend, he used her features.
As fiance and bride, he used her own personality.
Although she had someone elses voice, he synthesized his wife's voice, and overlayed the tracks.
He finally fell in love with the robot, and was given an ultimatum, wife or robot.
The real story ended up with his wife sharing his attention with the robot.
Later he develops an improved model, and falls for her even more deeply.

I was wondering what if these 2 female robots came to life.
What if the 2 robots had sex with him, and his wife was jellous of them.
What if every robot manufactured was like this, giving husbands all over the sexual experiences their wives can't provide, forcing an all female lawsuit.
Of course the male judge has both models, and the female jury are lesbians who also have them.
Then they all have amazing robot sex in court (as evidence of course).

By the way, before he was finished with the second one, his wife left him.

THE MAN WHO MISTOOK HIS GIRLFRIEND FOR A ROBOT
PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
Can robots look all too human?
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/02/02/social.robots.ap/
Same as above link.

Here's a name that keeps popping up: Michael Harriman
Site is andy-droid.com (broken URL to comply with ToS)

Last edited:
I don't know if you've read my 'Of Anna 333' in the Illustrated Stories section, but it does contain many of the themes you describe, if not the specific details.

I think, between 'Of Anna 333', 'The Perils of Lynn 213' and 'Yuba's Touch', I personally have already taken that particular tact in exploring human-robot sexuality. I think, at least addressing the original story idea, I like the idea of bringing it back to the here-and-now reality, and how the main character evolves and matures from wanting a woman for sex (this being served by the doll), to wanting a woman as a real genuine emotional partner. I think there's an interesting dynamic there that is worthy of being explored.

Akito01 said:

There's a lot of merit to your theory - if you don't go around looking at every woman (or man) as a possible sex partner, you're more likely to develop a real relationship.

The part I get stuck on is the doll - how is that really different from masturbation? How is the doll so different from masturbating with his hand that it relieves his sexual frustration to the point where he can be relaxed around real women? I don't get that at all - doll pussy or hand or any other masturbation technique is still him alone. He still has no female interactions to make him more comfortable around women.

Norajane said:
There's a lot of merit to your theory - if you don't go around looking at every woman (or man) as a possible sex partner, you're more likely to develop a real relationship.

The part I get stuck on is the doll - how is that really different from masturbation? How is the doll so different from masturbating with his hand that it relieves his sexual frustration to the point where he can be relaxed around real women? I don't get that at all - doll pussy or hand or any other masturbation technique is still him alone. He still has no female interactions to make him more comfortable around women.

In point of fact, you're largely right -indeed, from the responses on the original forum I got that post from, not a lot of doll-fans have had this experience of having their love lives turn around. It may well be a false premise, but I think the way the story works would depend on the mindset of the main character.

Sex with a doll, while a form of masturbation, is different for at least a few reasons. In the most simplist sense, it allows the male to simulate the experience of intercourse -an active expression of legs and hips and clasping arms, as opposed to the largely passive masturbation of stroking with the hand. It also serves as a kind of object of fantasy - a quality doll can be dressed in any number of ways, and posed in any number of ways. It allows an avenue of exploration and play that goes one step beyond that of pure imagination (though it's fair to say that imagination is integral to sex play with a doll, since the doll is entirely inert).

Dolls can be objects of fetish -some men are entirely content to play with their dolls that they rarely seek a real mate (I make no judgements on this, I only report), while most men would probably not wish to have anything to do with a doll at all in any circumstance. The main character in this story would fall somewhere in-between -who is having his sexual needs met with the doll, but who finds over time that there is a different kind of reward in relationships with women that aren't entirely based on sexual desire. With that being the case, it would be interesting if the main female character in the story is one who is not at all pretty or attractive, but who wins him over by the way she makes him feel when they're together.

Akito01 said:
In point of fact, you're largely right -indeed, from the responses on the original forum I got that post from, not a lot of doll-fans have had this experience of having their love lives turn around. It may well be a false premise, but I think the way the story works would depend on the mindset of the main character.

Sex with a doll, while a form of masturbation, is different for at least a few reasons. In the most simplist sense, it allows the male to simulate the experience of intercourse -an active expression of legs and hips and clasping arms, as opposed to the largely passive masturbation of stroking with the hand. It also serves as a kind of object of fantasy - a quality doll can be dressed in any number of ways, and posed in any number of ways. It allows an avenue of exploration and play that goes one step beyond that of pure imagination (though it's fair to say that imagination is integral to sex play with a doll, since the doll is entirely inert).

Dolls can be objects of fetish -some men are entirely content to play with their dolls that they rarely seek a real mate (I make no judgements on this, I only report), while most men would probably not wish to have anything to do with a doll at all in any circumstance. The main character in this story would fall somewhere in-between -who is having his sexual needs met with the doll, but who finds over time that there is a different kind of reward in relationships with women that aren't entirely based on sexual desire. With that being the case, it would be interesting if the main female character in the story is one who is not at all pretty or attractive, but who wins him over by the way she makes him feel when they're together.

I can see something where his relationship with the doll edges into fetish territory, but, as his relationship with the woman develops, the doll becomes less and less necessary.... :cool:

Back