Clumsy Rip-Off

Alex De Kok

Eternal Optimist
It may well already have been mentioned before, but http://www.sexeroticstories.org/ appears to be a large-scale - and clumsy - rip-off of Literotica. Why clumsy? I haven't checked everything by any means, but at least two of my own stories ('A Date for the Prom', and 'Be gentle with her') appear on the site but are incomplete. Comparison with the Lit version shows that the 'rippers-off' have copied only the first page! Author names have been removed from the stories, but some of the 'Literotica Olympics' chain stories are there, as are some of the 'Tales from Snippettsville' tales. The Snippettsville collections contain author names which are links and, yes, the links lead back to Literotica!

It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody annoying.

Alex

Alex De Kok said:
It may well already have been mentioned before, but http://www.sexeroticstories.org/ appears to be a large-scale - and clumsy - rip-off of Literotica. Why clumsy? I haven't checked everything by any means, but at least two of my own stories ('A Date for the Prom', and 'Be gentle with her') appear on the site but are incomplete. Comparison with the Lit version shows that the 'rippers-off' have copied only the first page! Author names have been removed from the stories, but some of the 'Literotica Olympics' chain stories are there, as are some of the 'Tales from Snippettsville' tales. The Snippettsville collections contain author names which are links and, yes, the links lead back to Literotica!

It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody annoying.

Alex

Have you reported this to Laurel?

They have on their site:

Bare Bottom Resorts
Survivor Contest stories
Paperback Romance stories
at least 2 stolen Erotic Horror stories (One of which is mine, and I PM'ed Laurel instantly. The other, I know the author and emailed him)

IF you have anything on Lit... check and make sure it isn't on this site.

FallingToFly said:
They have on their site:

Bare Bottom Resorts
Survivor Contest stories
Paperback Romance stories
at least 2 stolen Erotic Horror stories (One of which is mine, and I PM'ed Laurel instantly. The other, I know the author and emailed him)

IF you have anything on Lit... check and make sure it isn't on this site.

They have a LOT of mine... yeesh...

Finally! I've been ripped off. All the stories thefts in the pasts have carefully excluded my stories. I was so insulted.

Now I'm mad! Go gettem Mama Kitten.

I see vella got ripped off and Patricia51 in the horror catagories.

I just looked at one of my stories, and they cut it off about half way through. It almost appears though, that they read it as it is cut off at a logical point.

when you click on the link, does it tell you about meeting people in your area?

There was at thread about a month ago about this site! They have stolen a lot of our stories. I have even been ripped off. They took the 3 chapters out of the middle of my Michelle series and another short story The Boardwalk.

I emailed the site own but have not heard back from them. I also emailed the ISP that hosts the site. They said to make a formal complaint in accordance with {gobbledy gook legal speak} and they will have the offending material removed.

Still working on that one.

This isn't the first time I've been ripped off, but I can't seem to find a way to contact the site owners or ISP host... can someone please help me out here? I have a standard letter drawn up by my lawyer that I send to these assholes. It usually gets results within the week.

SHIT! They ripped off my Vicki series, though oddly enough they missed my most popular chapter, the last one! :rolleyes: What assholes! :mad:

By the way, let's all thank Alex for bringing this to our attention. Seriously, I needed to know that. Those pricks have got lawsuit written all over them! :rolleyes:

Here is the ISP of the web site...

OrgName: New Dream Network, LLC
OrgID: NDN
Address: 10 Pointe Drive
Address: Suite 235
City: Brea
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 92821

NetRange: 208.97.128.0 - 208.97.191.255
CIDR: 208.97.128.0/18
NetName: DREAMHOST-BLK5
NetHandle: NET-208-97-128-0-1
Parent: NET-208-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.DREAMHOST.COM
NameServer: NS2.DREAMHOST.COM
NameServer: NS3.DREAMHOST.COM
Comment:
RegDate: 2006-01-11
Updated: 2006-04-12

OrgAbuseHandle: DAT5-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: DreamHost Abuse Team
OrgAbusePhone: +1-714-706-4182
OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@dreamhost.com

OrgTechHandle: ZD69-ARIN
OrgTechName: Network Operations
OrgTechPhone: +1-714-706-4182
OrgTechEmail: netops@dreamhost.com

This is supposed to be the Site operator...Somewhere in China with a hotmail email address...

Domain ID:D117778877-LROR
Domain Name:SEXEROTICSTORIES.ORG
Created On:05-Mar-2006 18:53:47 UTC
Last Updated On:01-Apr-2006 22:25:37 UTC
Expiration Date:05-Mar-2007 18:53:47 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Beijing Innovative Linkage Technology Ltd.
(R1292-LROR)
Registrant ID:CT17R3D2ARQHERL
Registrant Name:zhou wei
Registrant Organization:aaaaaaa Ltd.
Registrant Street1:Beijing Road,NO.888
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:nanjing
Registrant State/Province:JS
Registrant Postal Code:100000
Registrant Country:CN
Registrant Phone:+86.51686852658
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+86.51686852658
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:haha808@hotmail.com
Admin ID:CTP8Q8BCM4A8R4C
Admin Name:zhou wei
Admin Organization:aaaaaaa Ltd.
Admin Street1:Beijing Road,NO.888
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:nanjing
Admin State/Province:JS
Admin Postal Code:100000
Admin Country:CN
Admin Phone:+86.51686852658
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:+86.51686852658
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:haha808@hotmail.com
Tech ID:CTGS7IQ7YCFNSX5
Tech Name:yushan li
Tech Organization:taishan shiye
Tech Street1:guangdong taishan
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:guang zhou
Tech State/Province:GD
Tech Postal Code:529200
Tech Country:CN
Tech Phone:+86.7505582048
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+86.7505582048
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:support@enterdns.com
Name Server:NS1.DREAMHOST.COM
Name Server:NS2.DREAMHOST.COM

ABSTRUSE said:
when you click on the link, does it tell you about meeting people in your area?
Yeah, the bad news is that they ripped off Katie's Eden, the good news it that I now know who I can fuck here locally. :rolleyes:

SEVERUSMAX said:
By the way, let's all thank Alex for bringing this to our attention. Seriously, I needed to know that. Those pricks have got lawsuit written all over them! :rolleyes:
Don't count on it, it's a site in China. About the only thing you can expect is the ISP will pull the copyrighted material from the site.

OhMissScarlett said:
Yeah, the bad news is that they ripped off Katie's Eden, the good news it that I now know who I can fuck here locally. :rolleyes:
Ooooo, me me me me me me!

They also ripped off my girlfriend's stories! Damn! Now I'm even more pissed! :mad:

zeb1094 said:
Don't count on it, it's a site in China. About the only thing you can expect is the ISP will pull the copyrighted material from the site.

Damn, yeah, I just noticed the Mandarin characters above the stories! Damn! Typical of what the Red Chinese government allows and encourages these days! Plagiarism, copyright infringement! :rolleyes: Thanks for letting me know that, though, Zeb.

Back