The 'How To' Contest Support Thread

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
Here are the dates for this contest.

How-To NEW
themes: advice and instruction (must be submitted in the "How-To" category)
starts: May 14
closes: June 6
winners announced: June 12

This thread is for potential contestants to moan about lack of ideas, to support and encourage each other, to complain about trolls and anonymous, and to place your entries for the Author's Hangout Last Place (tm) Contest.

As usual, potential contestants are warned that entering a Literotica Contest can be a rough ride.

The positive side is that you and your work are likely to get more views, more votes, more PCs and more feedback over a longer period than a normal story submission.

The negative side is that some of the attention may be unwelcome and hurtful. By all means moan about unfair comment and low votes but it is part of the process of being a contestant. The contests are the closest that Literotica comes to the rough treatment authors get in the real world. If you are seriously contemplating getting published, rejection letters are likely to hurt more than the slings and arrows directed your way during a Literotica Contest.

Now you have been warned, get your thinking caps on, summon your muse, and write. We should all be good at telling people how to do it because we do it frequently, often without proper protection...

Write, that is.

Og

Ooooooooh. A new support thread to run amuck in! :D

I don't have an idea and probably won't be writing. Am here to support though. :rose:

oggbashan said:
Here are the dates for this contest.

How-To NEW
themes: advice and instruction (must be submitted in the "How-To" category)
starts: May 14
closes: June 6
winners announced: June 12

This thread is for potential contestants to moan about lack of ideas, to support and encourage each other, to complain about trolls and anonymous, and to place your entries for the Author's Hangout Last Place (tm) Contest.

As usual, potential contestants are warned that entering a Literotica Contest can be a rough ride.

The positive side is that you and your work are likely to get more views, more votes, more PCs and more feedback over a longer period than a normal story submission.

The negative side is that some of the attention may be unwelcome and hurtful. By all means moan about unfair comment and low votes but it is part of the process of being a contestant. The contests are the closest that Literotica comes to the rough treatment authors get in the real world. If you are seriously contemplating getting published, rejection letters are likely to hurt more than the slings and arrows directed your way during a Literotica Contest.

Now you have been warned, get your thinking caps on, summon your muse, and write. We should all be good at telling people how to do it because we do it frequently, often without proper protection...

Write, that is.

Og

wow, I had no idea. thanks Og, I had better get to writing <grin

*sets up camp with trail mix, tent and sleeping bag*

Let's get this show on the road, people! :nana:

See, now I misread the title of this thread as:
How to contest a support thread....

Which sounded kinda interesting if pointless. ;)

Hmmm that's something I could sink my teeth into.

Decision, decision....which how-to to write.

3113 said:

I'm doing that all the time 'Stretching Pennies" had me going ;)

Is there a contest for how many "how to give a proper blow job" submissions there will be? :rolleyes:

3113 said:

BWAHAHAHA!!! Now thats a laugh if ever ive heard one :D

impressive said:
Is there a contest for how many "how to give a proper blow job" submissions there will be? :rolleyes:
I take it that you're writing one...... :D or is that... another one..... :cool: :kiss:

If I knew "how to...." anything, I might give it a try but i know nothing and preferr it that way.... ignorance is bliss........ :rolleyes:

awww shucks, I should have saved that one for this year (wrote one last year, lol)

I won't be writing one for the contest. I used up all my ideas last year for survivor.

TxRad said:
I take it that you're writing one...... :D or is that... another one..... :cool: :kiss:

Heavens, no! That would just be ... well ... unfair. ;)

I'm not sure if I'm writing a piece for this contest of not.

impressive said:
Heavens, no! That would just be ... well ... unfair. ;)

I'm not sure if I'm writing a piece for this contest of not.
Speaking of pieces..... Vella should write a "How to" on hosting a Litogether..... :p

TxRad said:
Speaking of pieces..... Vella should write a "How to" on hosting a Litogether..... :p

"Southern Cumfort at the Love Shack." I like, I like! :D

Aurora Black said:
"Southern Cumfort at the Love Shack." I like, I like! :D
More like Carbombs at the Love Shack.... everyone was going off.... :D

yay finally a how to support thread! now i guess i have no excuse to not start working over my story. anyone wanna proofread?

Munachi said:
yay finally a how to support thread! now i guess i have no excuse to not start working over my story. anyone wanna proofread?

I love the way you write, I would be more than happy to read your story. :D

Back