Words That Set You Off

countrygent36

Making My Rounds
OK, simple huh? What words set you off?

My petpeev here is "you know?"

No I don't know!! That's why your telling me damn it! I wasn't there!

countrygent36 said:

LOL I have a lot of 'em that I can think of

let's see................

One of mine when I say something to someone and they aren't paying full attention, they say "What's that?"

countrygent36 said:

leave it to me to have a lengthy answer...

I find that it's sometimes *how* things are said that get to me (i.e. I work with children, and currently whining bothers me more than anything else)

For the written word, it irks me to see things like 'your' and 'you're' mixed up (although I'm sure that I drive my fair share of people crazy with my incorrect punctuation/grammar.)

And as for words themselves, I find that certain body part descriptions will ick me out a bit...but I think that I accept that while I can't control what words other people use, I can choose my own.

jennifer

Ain't is one that drives me mad. And I don't like it when words are not spelled out. Ex: How r u? How hard is it to spell out those words??

LoisLane said:
Ain't is one that drives me mad. And I don't like it when words are not spelled out. Ex: How r u? How hard is it to spell out those words??

I agree with you on the shortened words, lois...they drive me crazy.

in the chat site "a/s/l" gets me riled. I just tell them I sold mine

Well I agree with r u and the a/s/l. Hate it. Just seems so cheap.

Always hate the word woot. Don't ask me why but whenever I hear someone say it it makes my skin crawl lol Also hate the term "my bad." Ugh. Talk like a person with minor intelligence, damn it.

Jail said:
in the chat site "a/s/l" gets me riled. I just tell them I sold mine

*nods* That too.

99 Tranny is usually my answer, and the stupid ones usually buy it.

Is anything more worn out than lol, used regardless of context or whether it is appropriate or not

LoisLane said:
*nods* That too.

99 Tranny is usually my answer, and the stupid ones usually buy it.
oh good one. I'll have to make a note of that one.

Y'all makes me laugh. Although I know it's a southern thing. Guess it's no different than "eh"

Bum Buddy... It's degrading no matter if you're gay or not... Whether it's directed at you ro not... Just not a very nice phrase.

My least favorite word.....

is [my opinion only] cunt [/my opinion only]. Not sure why, I just do.

RE: the shortened words. I use them when I'm sending text messages. I only have 160 characters per message, so if I have a lot to say, I have to abbreviate. Otherwise, I don't shorten words like that.

RE: a/s/l.... I've not been to the chat here... I thought I'd gotten rid of this question when I quit AOHell! I used to reply "old enough/not often enough/at my computer"... :devil:

Jenn - I so TOTALLY agree with you on whining... at least the children can use their age as an explanation for whining... I work in an office and hear whining all day long from adults!!! :rolleyes: (read part of yours/Jason's pic thread.... awesome and lucky couple you are!!!) :)

Leah57 said:

RE: the shortened words. I use them when I'm sending text messages. I only have 160 characters per message, so if I have a lot to say, I have to abbreviate. Otherwise, I don't shorten words like that.

RE: a/s/l.... I've not been to the chat here... I thought I'd gotten rid of this question when I quit AOHell! I used to reply "old enough/not often enough/at my computer"... :devil:

Jenn - I so TOTALLY agree with you on whining... at least the children can use their age as an explanation for whining... I work in an office and hear whining all day long from adults!!! :rolleyes: (read part of yours/Jason's pic thread.... awesome and lucky couple you are!!!) :)

So seldom ever used as an expression of love or anything positive for that matter... That is one cuss word I have never used or would ever. So, Leah, it's my opinion too

LoisLane said:
I don't like the word cunt either. To me it is degrading. *shrugs*

I hate this word more than anything else. My little brother made the mistake of calling me this word to my face.........let's just say he's lucky he ducked. I threw a jar of peanut butter at him.

I think one of my other things is "Huh"..........I'm not a damn parrot, I won't repeat myself damn it.

Leah57 said:

between the whining and the tattling that's going on in the room right now, my coteacher and I certainly have our work cut out for us.
It would certainly be funny for you to say, the next time one of your coworkers asks for something in a whiny voice 'I can't hear you because you're not using your big girl/boy words'....and if you ever try it, you *need* to let me know how it went over :)

I don't enjoy the 'c' word either...can't even bring myself to say it, really.

Thanks for the compliments on our pictures - you should stop by sometime to say 'hi' :)

jennifer

Like!

The word drives me nuts! People are always inserting it in sentences where it doesn't belong!

"I was like going to the deli... and like... a guy like pulled his car right out in front of me and I like had to swerve and I almost like hit the guard rail!"

Grrrrrrrrrr! *snarls*

It makes me want to stab myself with a rusty spoon!

*takes a deep breath*

Okay, I feel better now...

FantasyAuthor said:
Like!

The word drives me nuts! People are always inserting it in sentences where it doesn't belong!

"I was like going to the deli... and like... a guy like pulled his car right out in front of me and I like had to swerve and I almost like hit the guard rail!"

Grrrrrrrrrr! *snarls*

It makes me want to stab myself with a rusty spoon!

*takes a deep breath*

Okay, I feel better now...
Hehe, amen. Makes me think of 16 year old teenage girls. VERY annoying.

purrbaby said:
I'm thinkin' someone is messing with people on here. :D

nope, i cant stand that word used after every other word. i didnt realize someone had already posted... oopsie :)

~kicking myself in the rear for not reading the whole thread :eek:

muddpuppy said:
nope, i cant stand that word used after every other word. i didnt realize someone had already posted... oopsie :)

~kicking myself in the rear for not reading the whole thread :eek:

It's like okay, Muddpuppy. I like forgive you for like not seeing it. So like, it's all okay.

FantasyAuthor said:
It's like okay, Muddpuppy. I like forgive you for like not seeing it. So like, it's all okay.
Leaving so I can go laugh my ass off :D

FantasyAuthor said:

are you picking on me? :p

Back