Annual Halloween Contest Support Thread

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
Halloween
themes: scary stuff, costumes, Halloween traditions (trick-or-treating, etc.), etc.
starts: October 1
closes: October 22
winners announced: October 29

I missed starting a thread for Nude Day, and I know that several people in the AH have already started writing for Halloween, so here is the support thread.

With this much notice, there is no excuse for not writing an entry.

Og

Boo!

ghost_stories_for_stationery.jpg

It's my favorite holiday... can't wait for these :cathappy:

oggbashan said:
Halloween
themes: scary stuff, costumes, Halloween traditions (trick-or-treating, etc.), etc.

I missed starting a thread for Nude Day, and I know that several people in the AH have already started writing for Halloween, so here is the support thread.

Og

*roars with laughter*

Ogg.... I love you have I mentioned that lately... I simply love you.

Lizzy

oggbashan said:
Halloween

Og

Uhmm, the dog ate my homework, yeah, yeah, that's it....

kbate said:
Please tell me that you are kidding.

Please?

Please?

No?

I wish I was.

I have had three messages asking me to start this before the winners were announced for Nude Day.

Congratulations to you for the Nude Day Contest. :nana: :nana: :nana:

Og

PS. The Story Ideas thread Here has been running for a few days.

Last edited:
Halloween's my fave holiday too...but damn it! I live in the northern hemisphere and right now it's the middle of summer and I categorically refuse to think about ghosts, harvest moons, pumpkin pie, etc.! Bad enough the clothing stores are starting to get in fall fashions even though I still need summertime shorts and sleeveless shirts, not raincoats and sweaters!

It's lemonade and outdoor grilling and picnics in the park with evening theatre after dark season!

Phooey if Lit hasn't the sense to have a nice "Summer's Picnic" contest! :p

I get more jacked up over halloween than christmas!
I will definitly be putting in an entry!

Is there any way i can enter my submission early? It takes me way longer to get a story accepted than it does anyone else...LOL

oggbashan said:
I have had three messages asking me to start this before the winners were announced for Nude Day.
Congratulations to you for the Nude Day Contest.

Thank you,

I'm planning 2 - and since I won't be eligible (I had to say that. :D) one is to be in the Oggmat style- (15/50 words) - perhaps more than one section.

The other may come from story ideas unless something horrible pops into mind.

Dingus's idea has much merit as well.

(especially as I won't be eligible *giggles again*)

*I love being able to say that*

kbate said:
Thank you,

I'm planning 2 - and since I won't be eligible (I had to say that. :D) one is to be in the Oggmat style- (15/50 words) - perhaps more than one section.

The other may come from story ideas unless something horrible pops into mind.

Dingus's idea has much merit as well.

(especially as I won't be eligible *giggles again*)

*I love being able to say that*

Should I post it here too? Sorry i didn't see this thread when I originally posted with that thread title.

SelenaKittyn said:
ahhhhh there she is! :kiss: Missed you! :rose:

Missed you too. I'm off again, though. I must swim in the sea, soak up the sun and develop my plots. Ciao. ;)

Fifty Words

For those who want to practise their fifty-word writing, the thread originator brought this, in the Sexual Role Play Forum, to my attention:

Fifty Words - with a twist

Practice makes perfect...

Thank you, Maid of Marvels.

Og

I kind of have to post for this contest, since it's about my birthday. :devil: First Place (not that I am likely to win it) would be a great birthday present.

SEVERUSMAX said:
I kind of have to post for this contest, since it's about my birthday. :devil: First Place (not that I am likely to win it) would be a great birthday present.

You may have peaked early with this obvious petition for good-will votes, I would have held out for another two months or so...

(says the one who submitted her last story on the day she gave childbirth)

Last edited:
kbate said:
You may have peaked early with this obvious petition for good-will votes, I would have held out for another two months or so...

(says the one who subitted her last story on the day she gave childbirth)

Not sure. Just feeling obliged to participate. :D Thanks for putting a smile back on my face, if only for a sec.

You know... I've never entered a contest here. I might actually give Halloween a try this year.

Oh crap, what did I get myself into now.

fieryjen said:
You know... I've never entered a contest here. I might actually give Halloween a try this year.

Oh crap, what did I get myself into now.

If you post in this thread often enough, and encourage others to post as well, that statement will get lost in the history.

Or you could edit your post but now I've quoted it, it won't go away...

Relax and enjoy the idea of writing to a theme. There are things to enjoy about entering a Lit contest, particularly the attention from other AH members.

Og

Aurora Black said:
Missed you too. I'm off again, though. I must swim in the sea, soak up the sun and develop my plots. Ciao. ;)

She's here then she's gone... she's like trying to catch a shadow.

:rose:

I had an Anti-alloween type story brewing last year that never got written, if i have time after moving and having my daughter on summer holiday for 6 weeks, it might just get written this year.

Halloween isn't my thing, though i entered last year, with a storyi didn't really feel. I've missed two comps in a row now, and I'm starting to get shaky! ;)

English Lady said:
I had an Anti-alloween type story brewing last year that never got written, if i have time after moving and having my daughter on summer holiday for 6 weeks, it might just get written this year.

Halloween isn't my thing, though i entered last year, with a storyi didn't really feel. I've missed two comps in a row now, and I'm starting to get shaky! ;)

I've sat out the past two as well and I can't say as I have missed them. Maybe the contests aren't my thing.

drksideofthemoon said:
I've sat out the past two as well and I can't say as I have missed them. Maybe the contests aren't my thing.

That probably means you're not a comp man ;) I like the deadline -it's the only way i get to write anything at the moment :rolleyes:

(long time no path cross, btw, it's god to see ya :) )

Back