Poppy's Flower Gardens and Greenhouse

poppy1963

Born Yesterday
I love flowers & foliage plants & herbs & such...do you? If so, I am hoping that this thread can be a place for the "Plant People" to post pictures of their favorites and any interesting information about them be that their use in erotic ways, medicinally, cooking or just for the sheer loveliness of them.

Show the prized ones you've cultivated or just post your favorites and why!

At Poppy's Castle I have been gifted with such pictures and it's lovely to see them decorate my thread. So please feel free to use the pictures posted in this thread in anyway you would like for your own threads or stories or poems. However you like.

Ok...here we go! Here's one from the Courtyard at the Castle...an arboretum in Paris. Just lovely don't you think????

arboretum0805.jpg

Source

The Golden Red Poppy of Papin's Forest​

b1f87f78.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh..I have a plant that has started growing beside my backyard pond..my 16 and 17 yr old sons swear up and down its *gasp* pot and being the sweet and innocent one I am(hehe)Ive no clue...anyways....I was trying to post it but file is too large and I dont know how to make it smaller! LOL HELP!

bare_floors said:
Ugh..I have a plant that has started growing beside my backyard pond..my 16 and 17 yr old sons swear up and down its *gasp* pot and being the sweet and innocent one I am(hehe)Ive no clue...anyways....I was trying to post it but file is too large and I dont know how to make it smaller! LOL HELP!

Lol... there are a few weeds that look like pot... could well be the plants close neighbour hemp... often the seeds for that are in bird food... hemp does not get you high... makes good rope tho'

Very nice thread Poppy.... unfortunately me an Mother Nature have an agreement... I don't interfere with her growing things and she leaves me alone :D

WantonWitch said:
Lol... there are a few weeds that look like pot... could well be the plants close neighbour hemp... often the seeds for that are in bird food... hemp does not get you high... makes good rope tho'
LMAO Hmmmk
If anyone has any clue on how to make it smaller Ill post it..And I do have birdseed out beside my pond..so very well could be it! :eek:

Beautiful carnations, Charmed!!! Just lovely. :)

Here is another beauty!

danasdelight-oct.jpg

'Dana's Delight'
Fluted Red Pitcher Plant
or Bog Bugles

"And this dark chalice is the Pitcher-Plant,
Stored with the water of forgetfulness.
Whoever drinks of it, whose heart is pure,
Will sleep for aye 'neath foodfull asphodel,
And dream of endless love."
-Tecumseh: A Drama
by Charles Mair
(1838-1927)

Carniverous pitcher-plant, native to eastern North America, are so unusual that they were bound to attract interesting folklore. The Native American belief recorded by Charles Mair in his poem Tecumseh (as quoted above) states that to drink water from a pitcher-plant causes erotic dreams or, like water of the Lethe, forgetfulness.

Source

Last edited:
bare_floors said:
LMAO Hmmmk
If anyone has any clue on how to make it smaller Ill post it..And I do have birdseed out beside my pond..so very well could be it! :eek:

Hee hee...if you send it to me by email, I can make it smaller.

Last edited:
WantonWitch said:

Very nice thread Poppy.... unfortunately me an Mother Nature have an agreement... I don't interfere with her growing things and she leaves me alone :D

:)

Well, you can just enjoy the pics then! Glad you like the idea...all of you!

something from the family camera - not sure what they are!!

Last edited:
Golden_Silence said:
something from the family camera - not sure what they are!!

Very very pretty...I do know I've seen them both before...the pink ones are int he daisy family I believe and I always get the purple one mixed up with lavender...astilbe...? Nah...I'll check on the names!

Thanks for your contributions. This will get me through the winter! :)

Last edited:
poppy1963 said:
Very very pretty...I do know I've seen them both before...the pink ones are int he daisy family I believe and I always get the purple one mixed up with lavender...astilbe...? Nah...I'll check on the names!

Thanks for your contributions. This will get me through the winter! :)

The purple ones look like Victoria Blue Salvia and the pink ones are Zinnias. Had both of those in my bed at work. Cept My Zinnias wer orange.

Last edited:
Flower Test. Since this is my first one I had to post this: :D

Poppies-MonetsPond-1988.jpg

Oh heck, I'll post one more. Poppy, here is an example of those dark and dingy "Dutch" (they aren't all dutch, but a lot of them are) painters I keep talking about. These pics are well-done, but the darkness of them depresses me for some reason. They probably remind me of a grandmother's house or something. ;)

Chase_William_Merritt_Flowers_aka_R.jpg

*feels faint* :D

OH.....BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Thank you!!!

Flowers3 did not download...but it may be because the computer crashed...lol. Gonna try again now. :)

You have been through a great deal for those pesky flowers! Hope it works this time. Not all the things in my flowers folder were flowers, it appears (see example from my half below) but I believe (er, I hope) they are all plants!

Ge_107_GenusPinus_AylmerBourkeLambe.jpg

Back