Chain Story Idea - Common Beginnings

fieryjen

Midnight Fairy
I've been considering this idea for quite a while, and I finally decided to see if there was any interest here to contribute to a chain story like such:

I'd like all the chapters to have the same beginning. By the same, I don't mean word for word, as each author would write their own, but all beginnings would have the same elements in common. Right now, I was thinking something along the lines of the main character waking up, at exactly midnight, to the sound of creaking floorboards. Of course, that could be modified.
Then every author would go from there, picking one regular story category and continue the story in that manner (There might be a visitor from another world downstairs. Or a drunk gay guy on his way to get laid. Or the main character's mom, also on her way to get laid... You get the idea.)

I think it might be very interesting to see how many different and creative storylines can spring from the same beginning... using each story category exactly once.

So, anyone interested? :)

All submissions of the chain will be titled as such -

Midnight: Title

List of interested authors:

Fieryjen . . . . . . . . . . Sci-Fi & Fantasy . . . . . . . . . . . . March 19
Cloudy . . . . . . . . . . . Erotic Horror. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . March 26
MistressLynn . . . . . . .Group Sex. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . April 2
Scheherazade_79 . . . .Humor and Satire . . . . . . . . . . . .April 9
Rachlou . . . . . . . . . . Mature . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 16
geekychick_76 . . . . . .Loving Wives . . . . . . . . . . . . . . April 23
SelenaKittyn. . . . . . . .BDSM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . April 30
drksideofthemoon . . . . First Time . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .May 7
slyc_willie . . . . . . . . . Exhibitionist & Voyeur . . . . . . . . May 14
CrimsonMaiden. . . . . . Romance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . May 21
Remec . . . . . . . . . . . Incest/Taboo . . . . . . . . . . . . . . May 28
Impressive . . . . . . . . NonConsent/Reluctance . . . . . . . June 4
Jamison . . . . . . . . . . Toys & Masturbation . . . . . . . . . June 11
CarolinaHeat . . . . . . . Letters & Transcripts . . . . . . . . .June 18
TE999 . . . . . . . . . . . Lesbian Sex . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . June 25
Trombonus. . . . . . . . .NonHuman . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . July 2
Fallenfromgrace . . . . .Non-Erotic . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . July 9

List of available categories:

Anal
Celebrities
Erotic Couplings
Fetish
Gay Male
Illustrated
Interracial
Mind Control
Text With Audio
Transsexuals & Crossdressers

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, but if it's a chain story, it can't also be in other categories.

cloudy said:
Sounds interesting, but if it's a chain story, it can't also be in other categories.
True. The submissions would all be posted in the chain story category. But I thought it might be interesting to try and get a wide variety of themes for this one, hence the idea of using the regular story categories as a guideline. That's not where they would be posted.

I hope that clears up what I meant :rose:

I'll play ... but don't give me an early chapter. I'm swamped through the end of April.

impressive said:
I'll play ... but don't give me an early chapter. I'm swamped through the end of April.
Great, and thank you for joining :rose: Which category would you like?

Once we have a few more people, I'll set up a schedule, and I'll keep in mind that you'll go late.

Last edited:
I'd be interested too, but I'm also pretty backed up. I'd need a late date, as I'm also an extremely slow writer. Not sure what category I'd take. Perhaps nonhuman. I'd have to take a look through them. Maybe you could post a list of available categories and who has chosen each?

I'm in - gimme Erotic Horror, if no one's claimed it yet.

Trombonus said:
I'd be interested too, but I'm also pretty backed up. I'd need a late date, as I'm also an extremely slow writer. Not sure what category I'd take. Perhaps nonhuman. I'd have to take a look through them. Maybe you could post a list of available categories and who has chosen each?
List is up :) I'll put you down for now, so just let me know what you decide. :rose:

I left out only a few obviously ill-suited categories such as How-To, Reviews and Essays and Novels and Novellas. If you have a clever idea or feel like doing a heck of a lot of writing, feel free to chose these anyway.

Last edited:
cloudy said:
I'm in - gimme Erotic Horror, if no one's claimed it yet.
Thanks for joining :rose: I put you on the list.

I'll claim Sci-Fi and Fantasy for now, but I'm quite open to switch to something else if someone wants that category. Just let me know.

fieryjen said:
I've been considering this idea for quite a while, and I finally decided to see if there was any interest here to contribute to a chain story like such:

I'd like all the chapters to have the same beginning. By the same, I don't mean word for word, as each author would write their own, but all beginnings would have the same elements in common. Right now, I was thinking something along the lines of the main character waking up, at exactly midnight, to the sound of creaking floorboards. Of course, that could be modified.

Then every author would go from there, picking one regular story category and continue the story in that manner (There might be a visitor from another world downstairs. Or a drunk gay guy on his way to get laid. Or the main character's mom, also on her way to get laid... You get the idea.)

I think it might be very interesting to see how many different and creative storylines can spring from the same beginning... using each story category exactly once.

So, anyone interested? :)

List of interested authors:

Fieryjen - Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Cloudy - Erotic Horror
Impressive
Scheherazade_79
Trombonus - NonHuman

List of available categories:

Anal
BDSM
Celebrities
Erotic Couplings
Exhibitionist & Voyeur
Fetish
First Time
Gay Male
Group Sex
Humor and Satire
Illustrated
Incest/Taboo
Interracial
Lesbian Sex
Letters & Transcripts
Loving Wives
Mature
Mind Control
Non-Erotic
NonConsent/Reluctance
Romance
Text With Audio
Toys & Masturbation
Transsexuals & Crossdressers

This sounds interesting. I only have 3 stories posted yet, so I have no idea if what I do is what you are looking for, or if you would consider a newbie. I have done erotic couplings, non erotic, and have a group sex pending. If you think I can add to your idea here, let Me know!

fieryjen said:
Great, and thank you for joining :rose: Which category would you like?

Once we have a few more people, I'll set up a schedule, and I'll keep in mind that you'll go late.

Hmm. NonConsent, please.

MistressLynn said:
This sounds interesting. I only have 3 stories posted yet, so I have no idea if what I do is what you are looking for, or if you would consider a newbie. I have done erotic couplings, non erotic, and have a group sex pending. If you think I can add to your idea here, let Me know!
I don't discriminate ;) You're very welcome to join, and to pick whichever category you might have a good idea for.

fieryjen said:
I don't discriminate ;) You're very welcome to join, and to pick whichever category you might have a good idea for.

Sounds intriguing.

Put me down for Incest/Taboo and late April or May (my March is booked fairly solidly as well).

Have we decided what the commonality to the stories' beginnings will be?

:cool:

fieryjen said:

Thank you.......then if Group Sex is open I would like that.

Remec said:
Sounds intriguing.

Put me down for Incest/Taboo and late April or May (my March is booked fairly solidly as well).

Have we decided what the commonality to the stories' beginnings will be?

:cool:
I'm looking for your input here :)

As mentioned, my first idea was that the main character wakes up at exactly midnight - how he/she knows that is left up to you - and hears the floorboards creaking, figuring there is someone downstairs.

I'm open to changing that idea to something different, or adding to it. Let me know what you think. :rose:

fieryjen said:
I'm looking for your input here :)

As mentioned, my first idea was that the main character wakes up at exactly midnight - how he/she knows that is left up to you - and hears the floorboards creaking, figuring there is someone downstairs.

I'm open to changing that idea to something different, or adding to it. Let me know what you think. :rose:
I like that idea. :D

Back