Face Slapping

James Blandings

Literotica Guru
How do you feel about face slapping in BDSM play? Some people relish it as a form of humiliation, while others think it goes over the edge.
There are also some who question it as being inherently unsafe.
I hope some of you will share your thoughts on the subject.

Its not something we have ever tried.

I have quite a big problem with humiliation/sarcasm - a hang up from my late teens ....

I will have to really try and get my mind round this.

It doesn't do anything for me, so given the choice I wouldn't integrate it in my play style.

Alas, as I said, it doesn't do anything for me, so I might just as well humor a play partner by doing it if I know it is a turn-on for him/her, or if the scene does requie it (like an interrogation scene etc.)... though I am not feeling too comfortable and the face just is a very vulnerable spot, so it will indeed remain a more symbolic gesture than any real slapping.

I just know so many more fun places for that kind of action than the face :D

I had never even thought of it, but when he was here this past weekend, he gave me a few pops on the face.

The first time he slapped my face, I felt what I can only describe as instinctive rage. But here I was, wrapped in his arms, his body pressing down on me...and I was blindfolded.

Then he did it again.

After a time or two, I started to like it.

I know he would never HURT me, and I trust him implicitly. Therefore, he can do just about anything he wants.

If he ever hauled off and whacked me across the face, we would have a serious fucking problem... but I know he would never do that.

I actually had a bad experience with an ex who once popped me in the face too hard jokingly... I actually think getting slapped a few times this past weekend helped me get over that.

...if that makes even the least bit of sense!! lol

A light tap is a maybe for me. Anything truly hard would feel abusive to me.

Desdemona said:
Anything truly hard would feel abusive to me.

I agree.

(Funny how I can be fine with him belting me on the ass, but I wouldn't want him to slap my face too hard... )

This is a very good topic for convo, James.

I don't do it. But unsafe? If I were a switch or sub and had to chose between 5 face slaps or 5 cane strokes to the testicles, it wouldn't be a hard decision.

I'm of the view that...

WriterDom said:
I don't do it. But unsafe? If I were a switch or sub and had to chose between 5 face slaps or 5 cane strokes to the testicles, it wouldn't be a hard decision.

...as Nancy Sinatra might sing , "Them Glutes Was Made For Spankin'".

I've never been into hitting people beyond the lower cheeks for fun, so I'll watch this topic with some curiosity.

Cheers;
Lance

Re: I'm of the view that...

What, you only do it when you rage at passive-aggressive subs, asshole?

Lancecastor said:

...as Nancy Sinatra might sing , "Them Glutes Was Made For Spankin'".

I've never been into hitting people beyond the lower cheeks for fun, so I'll watch this topic with some curiosity.

Cheers;
Lance

James, for us, Master and I, face slapping is a limit. Just not our kink.

I have a serious limit with humiliation, both public and private. This is just my opinion, and anyone that does enjoy it should rock on. What is ones limit is another's pleasure in my book.

JMHO
:)
dixi

it seems i'm in the minority

i'm a switch, but when i'm submissive i tend to be a rather bratty sub, which can get me a slap across the cheek. enough to sting, but not so it gets red. i like to tempt her before she goes to work in the morning, which drives her crazy (in more ways than one of course) and i've gotten a slap a fair number of times for it.

it's not truly "punishment", more of a "chastisement" (is that a word) for doing something she asked me not to. she won't tell me that i MAY NOT go without panties when she has to go to work, but only that she told me not to tempt her in a frustrated but amused way. so i continue to do it. and take what chastising she gives me for it that evening.

it works out alright. we don't particularly see it as humiliation when it is in private. we don't repeatedly face slap. only once. repeatedly it would be humiliating punishment i think. at least i would feel it was. and i don't find humiliation erotic.

Well, this is not something we do. Is it a hard limit? no Is it dangerous? If it is done too hard, i would think it would be, but so would be a lot of other things. i do think it would be humiliating, but i'm not one that is totally against humiliation. i just don't think this particular thing would hold any positives to me. It could be used as a punishment, but when i know i have truly made my Dom unhappy it upsets me enough that i doubt he would feel the need to add something like this.

lasavane

sorry, but if someone slaps me (in the face that is), they are going to get slapped right back.

i dont know exactly why its different than spanking, but for me, it most definately is.

Face slapping and closed fisted type beatings and definitely hard limits for me.

Hurray for being in the minority!

This is one of my absolute favorite actions. It gets all my headrush emotions in one casual blow: fear, pain, shock, humiliation, outrage at the aforementioned emotions and then despair as I realize it doesn't matter at all, that my rage only gets me more. Love it. Also love the little sounds I make. Also love that T loves it exactly as much as I do, for probably all the reasons mentioned above and then some.

Disclaimers: 1.) we're gonna work into it gradually. 2.) I trust both his common sense and his control over his strength. He is very aware of his body and its potential to do serious damage. He is equally aware of my pain tolerance and my need to work that line up slowly. 3.) Whatever other reassurance you need. o)

Last edited:
For me, this is something we have not tried yet, but it is something that plays very nicely in my fantasy life. It is something I would really enjoy if done correctly without leaving me looking like Farrah Fawcett in the Burning Bed.

Titania1616 said:
sorry, but if someone slaps me (in the face that is), they are going to get slapped right back.

i dont know exactly why its different than spanking, but for me, it most definately is.

I have always thought of the head/face as the part of the body in which we "live." So, face-slapping was very edgy in my mind. My partner and I did discuss it because is "seemed" so exciting in fantasy. To have that much power seemed heady, but for us it would have been too close to disrespect, so that is one we left alone.

~pick and choose, take what works for you and leave the rest~

Wow, as I've read this thread my feelings have gone back and forth. On the one hand, it seems like getting slapped in the face as part of a scene would be wildly arousing, but at the same time I can imagine having a gut level revulsion if it actually happened.
I will look forward to reading more views about it.

This is a big no no for me.

Perhaps because

I don't like humilation, it makes me want to curl up into a little ball and hide from the world.
It just seems wrong to me. That's what your ass and thighs are for...

I think it goes over the line - or at least, I wouldn't want slap my sub in the face.

I was friends with a woman once whose boyfriend used to hit her. One day, he moved his hand and she flinched. I would never want anything like that to happen in my current (or past or future) relationships.

Great question though!!

face slapping is a turn off for this one it angers her and coming from an abusive life brings back to many memories

Hrm. Who woulda thought I would be edgy?

I've had this pleasure exactly once, and it was far and away one of the most intensely erotic things I've ever felt... it was wonderful.

I loved the way she looked when I did it, and the little sounds she made deep in her throat, the way she bit her lip... and the feeling of trust I felt...

The feeling of boundlessness.

It was wonderful.

Erm, I should probably also mention this was a slap not intended to cause pain.
I've never really been much into that.

Sandia said:
I loved the way she looked when I did it, and the little sounds she made deep in her throat, the way she bit her lip... and the feeling of trust I felt...

The feeling of boundlessness.

It was wonderful.

Exactly! It's innately mental and probably emotional and the way I do it, it's physical as well. Fun all around.

I didn't think this was particularly edgy myself. I really don't consider me edgy, although when I look back on the posts I've made since T came along, I do wonder. I just know I'm much better about taking the emotional and mental "intense sensation" than I am the physical at this point. I've never been whipped and so for me, that's pretty damn edgy.

Back