The Fireside Lounge: a place for oldies, newbies and lurkers to get comfie

MissTaken

Biker Chick
Hello all! Pull up a seat by the fire and relax before the spankings begin! ;)

Welcome to the lit BDSM Discussion Forum. We are a fairly new forum on a not so new and prestigious bulletin board site. You will find that there are many posters of all ilks and levels of experience who may share some of your interests or be able to get your mind working over- time considering things you have never tried!

If you aren't sure or comfortable with posting, yet, feel free to practice here. Functions that are helpful and sometimes a bit tricky to use are the "edit" option and the "quote" option. The "search" function can help you find what has already been discussed on a topic and don't be afraid to post to old threads! We love seeing them bumped up for discussion. Remember to post a reply to this or any thread, the thread must be open. :)

If you have a question or comment that you aren't sure where to post, try it here. Those who have been lurking a long time may appreciate the question or possibly pop in to offer an answer! Someone will answer or refer you to a thread that helps.

If you have questions or believe a post is in violation of the rules, please send me a private message, "PM". You can do so by clicking my name and clicking, "Send this poster a private message." :)

And I hope that you will feel free to say "Hello" and tell us a bit about yourself.

Now, for some fireside reading......

A few helpful links:

For pointers about posting, try this
http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86842&highlight=Killermuffin

For the rules, try this: (Just in case you missed it the first time around!)
http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146616

For some cool and informative BDSM links, go here :

http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69529&highlight=Wizard

Personal ads are not accepted on this forum. For info concerning how to post personal ads at lit and where, click this link.

http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138537

The BDSM Talk Library is a colleciton of links to previous posts and threads on topics. IT is a great resource as it encompasses the thoughts of those who no longer post or even documents changes in some the current poster's perceptions and situations!

http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113198

Welcome again and let's get on with the good stuff!

Don't be shy, we only bite if you really want us to!

*hugs* and well wishes to all,
MissT

MissTaken said:
Hello all! Pull up a seat by the fire and relax before the spankings begin! ;)

Don't be shy, we only bite if you really want us to!

*hugs* and well wishes to all,
MissT

*pulls up a seat*

If I'm not shy...do you promise to bite?

I always get a little anticipatory before spankings begin.

Thanks for the links.

There is a great deal of information here that is worth reading.

Off to read.

Valerianne, if you're looking for nibbles, you might wanna hunt down somebody other than MissT. I've never seen her bite more than just her sandwich. Now, I won't say that this is because of her iffy denture glue, but with all the hassle of playing moderator here, I simply cannot believe that she'd be so sweet of her own accord.

Still somewhat new, but not a virgin anymore. Yay! Think I posted my very very short Who I am story on the New faces thread.

I have been outted!

Okay!

Biting isn't my fetish.

Now, if someone needs to do some biting, we could talk :D

The links are not required reading. I just wanted to be sure everyone understands that there will be no essay test in the near future. Multiple choice, perhaps? ;)

It is my hope as well as the hope of some of the other posters who have pmed me that this thread will help new people feel more comfortable in getting their feet wet in a forum that can seem rather intimidating, especially to those simply exploring their fetishes and activities.

We all have senses of humor, a necessity in an online community. We all have something to offer and no matter how many years experience in the lifestyle or how many posts an poster has, we can all learn from one another.

Anyway, feel free to post away, ask questions or fill out an application to see my orthodontist. A necessary first step before getting on my short list of potential biters!

;)

does multiple choice apply to the fetishes we pursue too?

MissT- I'd be very pleased to nibble on you!

Wonderful thread, MissT. :D

One thing that I learnt as a newbie that might be helpful:

You need to delete old PMs.
If you do not, your PM Box will get full and you will be unable to recieve more PMs. If this becomes a problem, someone may start a thread asking you to clean your PM Box.

Just My little way of helping. ;)

Helena :rose:

* goes to look for the line to get a chance nibble MissT *

Goddess Helena said:
Wonderful thread, MissT. :D

One thing that I learnt as a newbie that might be helpful:

You need to delete old PMs.
If you do not, your PM Box will get full and you will be unable to recieve more PMs. If this becomes a problem, someone may start a thread asking you to clean your PM Box.

Just My little way of helping. ;)

Helena :rose:

* goes to look for the line to get a chance nibble MissT *

Another helpful reminder is to clean out your 'Sent Mail' box too, at the same time. That got me a long time ago. ;)

WynEternal said:
Still somewhat new, but not a virgin anymore. Yay! Think I posted my very very short Who I am story on the New faces thread.

New and fascinating is how I would describe you!

Keep on posting!
:rose:

Great idea MissT!! Just thought I would add a few things.

The library is great, and has many helpful and informative links. It is a great place to learn.

Even if you are new to BDSM, don't be afraid to ask questions, as they benefit us all. Regardless of a lot of years of experience, sometimes a question or a discussion that grows out of a question has made me rethink my feelings or thoughts on a particular topic.

We do not expect nor want subs or dom/mes to adopt an online Sexual Role Play tone here. There is another forum on this site for that type of interaction. We are all equals here with similar goals, to learn, share and grow.

Welcome and enjoy!

zip

*pulls up a seat and smiles*

MissTaken, I for one think you have done a wonderful job of making us newbies comfortable. Thank You.

NemoAlia said:
Valerianne, if you're looking for nibbles, you might wanna hunt down somebody other than MissT. I've never seen her bite more than just her sandwich. Now, I won't say that this is because of her iffy denture glue, but with all the hassle of playing moderator here, I simply cannot believe that she'd be so sweet of her own accord.

Thanks for the heads up NemoAlia.

I was joking with her.

I really thought her thread is/was a great idea.

And MissTaken I certainly didn't feel it was required reading. Some of the information is something I have been looking for.

Thanks!

Pulls up a seat to take some more notes.

oh but feel free to spank me if I need one.

EvilsXtasy said:
*pulls up a seat and smiles*

MissTaken, I for one think you have done a wonderful job of making us newbies comfortable. Thank You.

Aww thanks!

Can I offer you a beverage?

Would you care to tell us a bit about yourself or your interests here?

:rose:

tyme said:
Pulls up a seat to take some more notes.

oh but feel free to spank me if I need one.

Oh, unwritten rule #1...all spankers must have a private audition with me before exacting those delightful smacks on the other luscious bottoms of lit!

:D

Umm Welcome aboard!

I have seen your posts here and elsewhere....can't wait to read more!

Dillinger said:
Can someone make me comfortable too?

A Dilly sighting!

Be still my heart!

Now, I remember a particular story that Dillinger has posted and he has a flare for this sort of thing.

Ummm I hope to see you post here a bit, Dill.

:)

Even just so we can see those av's of yours!

Valerianne said:
And MissTaken I certainly didn't feel it was required reading. Some of the information is something I have been looking for.

Thanks!

Well, since you are only finding SOME of the info you are looking for, perhaps you will be posting some thoughts and questions?

Or check out the library or tell us what topics interest you.

Using the older threads for discussion is wonderful. We have had some incredible posters who have shared a lot of information and support to many of us.

One of the benefits of forums such as this, is that their words and insights are still here for everyone's benefit.

MissTaken said:
A Dilly sighting!

Be still my heart!

Now, I remember a particular story that Dillinger has posted and he has a flare for this sort of thing.

Ummm I hope to see you post here a bit, Dill.

Even just so we can see those av's of yours!

Oh - which particular story was that? And which particular AVs? *weg*

Excellent idea, MissT

It is cold, and there is nothing better than kicking back by the fire. Anything to drink here? Hi, newbies and oldbies!

Eb

Runs to the bar in the back and makes a fuzzy navel.

*sip

thats better

Anything good going on?

Back