Back Room Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She pushed past him into his comfortable livingroom. As she neared the couch she kept her voice even. "Are you going to stand there with the door open while we talk about this?" She always hated watching women use psychological ploys against their men. She knew she was doing it now, her calm facade an imitation of anger, but she couldn't help it. It had hurt too much to see him like that and she needed him to understand that before she could go on. It hurt even more to find out she hadn't listened to the truth when he told it and she couldn't face that. Not yet.

He closed the door and moved over to crouch in front of her, inches from her knees. "I'm so sorry. I had no idea what was going on until she was already on top of me..."

She cut him off. "I know."

He looked confused. "You know? But I'm not just trying to make excuses. I really didn't realize she was into me or whatever." The pain in his eyes broke her resolve. She couldn't follow the ploy to the end as much as part of her wanted to. The part that wanted to make him hurt for causing such anguish, and for her own pain as she turned on herself, could not bear to look into those eyes.

"No, love. I know because Claire told me what happened." She found it hard to meet those turbulent blue pools but she forced the connection to remain. "I should have listened. I should have believed." A tear escaped to roll down her cheek. "I should have looked past the hurt and into your eyes. I couldn't even look to see if you were lying." More tears quickly followed.

His thumb found the first and brushed it clear. He stopped trying to catch them as more and more flowed after, instead he leaned forward, shifting her head to his shoulder for support. As she cried he slowly maneuvered to sit beside her on the couch, never breaking the physical connection as she cried away her frustration and fear. His strong arms encircled her, protecting her. The warmth of his body enveloped her comfortingly. His presence a barrier against the pain, against the world.

Finally her eyes slowed then stopped. She felt drained, almost empty, but free of the worry. His words were soft as they brushed into her ear from inches away. "I still have a promise to fulfill tonight." Confused she began to look towards him when his hand shifted slightly until it covered her stomach and she remembered his promise. Her body clenched in anticipation. It would be a wonderful end to a troubled day.

12