Center Stage Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I raised my eyebrow in question. I didn't say anything.

"Cam...I'm really sorry about what I said out there. Even though what I said was my opinion, I should have rephrased it a bit. I hope you aren't too pissed at me."

I walked past him without saying anything. Just as I passed by him I slapped him on the ass.

"No worries, Zack, I need to remember that you are still new at this. It'll take us some time to get used to everything. So I am sorry too. Ok?"

Zack grinned at me.

"I didn't know being friends involved ass smacking. What else should I plan on getting?"

I laughed at him.

"Baby steps, Zack, baby steps."

We headed back into the living room. Ariel was on her hands and knees in front of the couch.

"You can't stay under there forever! I will wait as long as I need to! Your furry little ass will be mine!!!"

It seems that Madison was up to her old tricks again. I wonder what she did this time? I walked around the couch and stood in front of Ariel. She looked up at me.

"Cam, I don't mind playing hide and go seek with your puppy, but NOT when the object to hide is one of my brand new sneakers. I happened to lean over to get my drink from the table and I saw her furry muzzle pop out from under the couch. The next thing I knew my shoe was gone."

Madison certainly wasn't your average dog. She played the normal puppy games, but she seemed to prefer to play hide and seek. It took me about twenty-five minutes to find my keys the other day. As Ariel was going off though I saw Madison come around the other side of the couch behind her. The shoe was hanging out of her mouth. That's one other thing I give the dog credit for. She doesn't destroy anything that she knows isn't hers. She sat down behind Ariel and just watched her. I couldn't help the laughter that bubbled out of me.

"She's right behind me isn't she?" Ariel said with mock anger.

Even Zack was laughing at this point. Ariel spun around and looked at Madison. Madison cocked her head to the side and looked back at Ariel. She let out a little puppy woof and then took off.

"Get back here you little bitch!"

Ariel took off after her like a bat out of hell. For the next five minutes Zack and I watched Ariel chase Madison around the living room. You think Ariel would have just given up, but she was a woman on a mission. Zack looked at me and grinned.

"Do you think we should help her?"

I gave Zack a crazy look.

"Are you fucking kidding? This is too classic."

A few minutes later Ariel stopped behind me and leaned on the couch to catch her breath. You would have sworn the girl just ran a marathon. Ariel glanced around the room.

"Where did she go?"

A quiet bark came from behind Zack's chair. I pointed at his chair and giggled. I heard that specific bark and knew what was coming. I didn't say a word though. Zack looked at his sister and was obviously trying not to laugh.

"Sis...why don't you just stop?"

You could hear the laughter in his voice.

"I'll be a mother fucker."

I heard an OOMPH over my shoulder. I looked back and Ariel was gone. Zack looked at me curiously. I started laughing my ass off.

"I've heard Madison use that bark before...right before she tries to tackle me. I think she just clipped Ariel on the back of her legs."

Zack jumped up and came over to the couch. We both leaned over the back of the couch and looked down. Ariel was sprawled out on the floor on her back. Madison was sitting on top of her. She dropped the shoe right on Ariel's chest. Ariel had started giggling and she was petting Madison.

"This is the greatest dog, Cam!"

Madison let out a bark and leaned down to lick her face.

* * *

It was probably close to midnight and we were all trashed out of our minds. Luckily it was a Friday night though! There is no way I can party like this on a work night. Zack had really started to unwind and we were all having a great time. Madison took turns lying in each of our laps. She loved the constant attention. Ariel stood up and swayed back and forth a bit.

"Cam.... there is no way I am driving home tonight. Can I crash?"

I nodded my head.

"You know where to go, hun."

Ariel headed around the coffee table and planted a big kiss right on my cheek. She staggered down the hallway into the guest bedroom. Zack leaned back against the couch and Madison hopped down off of his lap. She headed back into my bedroom.

"Where is the pup going?" "She is probably turning in for the night as well."

Zack looked over at me.

"Where does she sleep, Cam?"

I grinned at him.

"She sleeps right in the bed with me."

He laughed.

"You are totally going to spoil her. She doesn't hog the covers does she?"

I shook my head.

"Actually she doesn't. Madison's a really good cuddler. She waits for me to lie down and she will push back right up against my chest. Most of the time she is out before I am."

Zack stood up and grabbed his glass off the table.

"I'm getting another one. You want another rum and Pepsi?"

I nodded my head and grabbed my glass as well.

"Thanks, Zack."

I relaxed back against the couch and lit up a cigarette. A few moments later Zack came back in with fresh drinks.

"Personally I never understood the big deal about cuddling. If you want physical contact with someone then why not just fuck?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Haven't you ever wanted to be close to someone, Zack?"

He looked over at me.

"What do you mean?" I butted out my cigarette and took a swig of my drink. Sweet Jesus he made a strong one. I cleared my throat a little.

"The whole point of cuddling is just to be close with someone. It doesn't have to be a boyfriend. You can cuddle with anyone you care about. It's just nice to feel someone against you. You feel safe...loved."

He looked at me in disbelief. I can't believe this gorgeous man has never cuddled with anyone before.

"Zack...have you ever cuddled with anyone?"

He looked away from me. I could barely hear his voice.

"No, Cameron, I haven't."

It was my turn to feel disbelief.

"Why not, Zack?"

I heard a large sigh from his side of the couch.

"I'm not good with the whole touchy feely stuff. Besides it has never really been an issue."

I turned my body on the couch so I faced him. I put my right leg against the back of the couch. He turned to look at me. I patted my chest. Confusion was written all over his face.

"What?"

"Come here, Zack."

His tongue darted out and licked his lips.

"That's ok, Cameron, I'm fine really."

Fuck this! I leaned over and grabbed his left arm and tugged on him.

"Bullshit, Zack, get your ass over here. I'm making sure you experience this at least once in your damn life." He stood up and stood next to me. He looked really nervous.

"Cam, I really appreciate what you are trying to do, but I don't think..."

"That's right," I interrupted him. "You don't think. Now sit the fuck down. Just lean your back against my chest."

He stood there for another few moments. Zack was obviously debating on what to do. Just as I opened my mouth to say something to him though he sat down. Zack didn't lean back though. He stayed sitting straight up. I reached out and gently pulled him backwards. His back was pressed right up against my chest, but his body was as stiff as a board though. I leaned my head down and whispered in his ear.

"Just relax, Zack, I'm not going to bite you."

I reached up with my right hand and ran it through this thick hair. His head drifted back slowly until it rested against my shoulder. After a few moments I felt his body finally relax and he melted against me. My right leg was bent at the knee and it was pressed between the back of the couch and Zack's body. I felt his hand touch my leg. He rubbed small circles back and forth over my thigh. For someone who never cuddled before the guy was a quick learner! My left arm had a mind of its own as it snaked around Zack's waist. It wasn't long before I realized what a huge fucking mistake I was making. Don't get me wrong though. This felt good. If I was going to be honest with myself it was better than good. It was fucking unbelievable, but I had now put myself in a very awkward position.

The past few weeks at work I couldn't understand why I was putting up with the bullshit Zack kept throwing on my plate. I couldn't stand the son of a bitch. Right? In this moment sitting on the couch with him I realized I wasn't right. I was so far off of being right I was fucking left. I put up with his shit because I wanted to. I wanted to be close to him. Even if it meant he was never going to acknowledge me. Things were different now. Zack and I were actually becoming friends. Was there a possibility something more could happen between us? I had no fucking clue. I knew I wasn't going to be the one to stop this moment though. It might be the only chance I had at holding him like this. Zack's head moved a bit and he nuzzled the back of his head against me face. As I felt him rub against me I felt something else. I could feel it deep in my soul. It was in that one moment that he stole my heart. The complete innocence of it tugged on my heartstrings. This moment was definitely like a dream. Unfortunately it was too much like a dream because it was over so fast.

Zack suddenly shot up off of me and stood up.

"Zack, are you..."

He interrupted me.

"I have to go."

He grabbed his cigarettes and headed towards the door. I jumped up and followed him. As he reached the door I was able to reach out and grab his shoulder.

"Zack..."

He shrugged my hand off of his shoulder, but wouldn't look at me.

"Thanks for the drinks."

Before I could say another word he was out the door and gone. What the fuck was that about? Cameron I think you just fucked up royally.

* * *

"Are you fucking nuts?"

I looked at Ariel and sighed.

"Can you please lower your voice? I don't think the people across the street really want to be part of our conversation."

Ariel looked at me with a glare that could stop rush hour traffic.

"I can't believe you broke off your date with Aiden just because you think you might be in love with..."

I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk to look at her. It was a hectic Monday and we were on our way back to office after having lunch at a nearby deli.

"Ariel, I really don't want to go over all this again, okay? Please understand. Trust me I know how fucked up all of this is. I don't even know what is going on. He hasn't talked to me all day. In fact there was enough work on my desk this morning that I haven't even had the chance to go back and talk to him about it. Do you really think I am stupid enough to tell him that I might be falling in...that I care about him?"

Ariel reached over and put her hands on my shoulders.

"Cameron, he is not worth this. He is my brother and I love him, but you are too good for him. I don't want to stand by and watch him break your heart. I wish I could say that he wouldn't do that honey, but we both know his track record. And look at the way he freaked out Friday night. Zack obviously has a lot of issues to deal with. I don't know if he'll ever be able to love anyone. You deserve someone that can love you as much as you love them, Cameron, I just don't think Zack is capable of that right now. I don't think he ever will be."

I hugged her right there on the sidewalk. Why do things in life always have to be so damn complicated? We turned and started back to the office.

"So what exactly did you tell Aiden?"

I sighed and looked at her.

"I told him the truth, Ariel, I didn't have the energy to make up a lie. Besides, Aiden seems like a really good guy. He deserved the truth."

I felt her arm wrap around my waist and she squeezed.

"How did he take it?"

"He was actually really understanding. It turns out he isn't really looking for anything serious right now anyways. He just got out of a bad relationship and just wanted some new friends to hang out with. We might go out drinking sometime. It could be fun."

We headed into CSP's building and rode the elevator up to my floor. Ariel walked me to my office. We walked in to find Aiden there with a shit load of UPS boxes. He grinned when he saw us.

"Hey, you two. I was hoping you would be back soon."

He walked over and shook both of our hands.

"What the fuck is all of this, Aiden?"

Aiden shot Ariel an amused glance.

"I don't know what's in the packages. I just deliver them."

I laughed as he handed me the clipboard to sign. He put a hand on my shoulder.

"How are things going, Cameron?"

I couldn't help the sigh that escaped my lips.

"Not that great, Aiden, today has been the worst..."

The office door opening cut me off. I turned around to greet the person, but my face turned to stone.

"I thought you were advised to never show your ugly face around here again, Lucas."

He looked at me and laughed.

"You're not the boss around here, Cammy, I have an appointment. A good assistant would know that."

I could feel my blood begin to boil.

"Look here, asshole..."

"Lucas!"

The sound of Zack's voice cut me off. My head snapped in his direction. He must have never left his office for lunch.

"I was wondering when you were going to show up. I've been waiting. Let's go back to my office." Without even a glance at me Zack turned around and headed back towards his office. Lucas passed by me with an evil grin. He stopped though and looked at Aiden.

"You must be Aiden. You're a lucky guy. I heard that Cammy here just loves to cuddle."

My body reacted instantly. I shot out to grab the pig and bash him into the wall, but Aiden and Ariel held me back.

"Tsk tsk tsk. You really need to keep that temper of yours in check. If you don't you might not have a job much longer."

Lucas shot me another evil smile and headed off back towards Zack's office.

"What the fuck is that low life piece of shit doing here?"

Aiden and I looked at Ariel. I never heard her this upset the entire time I've known her. She glanced down at her watch.

"SHIT! I'm late for a fucking meeting. Aiden, it was nice to see you again. Cameron, I will be back as soon as this meeting is done. Don't do anything stupid."

Ariel stormed out of the office and slammed the door behind her. If I weren't so pissed off I would have been humming the wicked witch's theme song as she left.

"I wish I could stay too, Cameron, but I've got a shit load of deliveries that need done. Call me later though ok?"

I nodded my head and watched Aiden leave as well. I stalked over to my desk and sat down in my chair. I didn't know how long their meeting was going to last, but I figured I had enough time to think of way to kill Lucas before he left the building. It seems though that fate had other plans. I was stuck in the middle of a phone call as Lucas left. The mother fucker stopped on his way out the door to smile at me and blow me a kiss. I slammed the phone down so hard when the call was done I think I may have broken it. Before I even had a chance to get up the intercom on my desk sounded.

"Yes?"

"My office. Now."

Before I could say anything else he hung up on me. I stormed back into his office and slammed the door behind me.

"What the fuck is going on, Zack? You owe me an explanation."

Zack was sitting behind his desk and calmly looking at me.

"You are the one that needs to do the explaining, Mr. Prince, what is this I hear about you trying to attack a visitor?"

I tried to take a calming breath, but I was about to go through the roof. Mount Saint Cameron was about to erupt all over the fucking place.

"Visitor? What the fuck are you talking about? You are the one that hated that piece of shit! You were the one who told me it was a good idea to keep him out of the building! What the fuck is your problem?"

Zack stood up and came around the other side of desk. He leaned back against it and crossed his arms over his chest.

"You will NOT speak to me in that tone of voice. Is that understood, Mr. Prince?"

That was the last straw.

"I will speak to you any god damn way I want. And what is the fucking 'Mr. Prince' shit all of a sudden? What is going on, Zack..."

He cut me off.

"Do not call me Zack. I am your boss. I'm not your friend."

His eyes were ice cold. I felt like I had been slapped across the face.

"Well I'll be a mother fucker. They were right about you. I can't believe how utterly fucking stupid I've been. You had me fooled. I'll at least give you that."

I could see the fire that started to burn in his eyes. Fuck him! Let him be angry.

"Who was right?"

I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Don't play stupid with me. You may be a lot of things, but you aren't stupid. You know exactly what I am talking about. Everyone in this whole damn building."

He rolled his eyes at me.

"Like I care about what people say about me? I don't..."

I cut him off.

"Of course you don't care. How could you? That would mean that you would have to have feelings. To have feelings you need a heart. You've made it completely obvious that you don't have that. You're an egotistical, self-absorbed, high handed..."

His quiet voice interrupted me.

"That's enough."

"FUCK YOU! You can't tell me shit anymore! I am so fucking tired of dealing with your bullshit! You fucking push everyone away. You are pathetic. You are nothing. I hope you enjoy being alone. You will be for the rest of your life mother fucker."

I spun around and headed towards the door. I can't believe he is being like this. What the fuck happened to the Zack that was at my place just 3 days ago? I couldn't help the tears that threatened to spill down my cheeks. Tears of anger? No. Tears of sadness? Yes. Tears over a lost love? Definitely. I had finally come to grips with the fact that somewhere along the way I fell in love with Zack. None of that mattered now though. It will never happen. Just as I reached the door the sound of Zack's voice echoed through the room.

"Fuck you, Cameron!"

I spun around to face him. Before I could open my mouth to respond he continued. "What the fuck do you know about anything? You talk about feelings, having a heart, and all that other bullshit. Well if you are so fucking wonderful then why are you alone? Since you're so wise and knowledgeable please explain it to me. You act like you are so much better than me, but you're just like me. You are as alone as I am. So get off your fucking cross, Cameron, we need the wood."

I took a step towards him. Our eyes locked. The tears that threatened me before were now falling down my face.

"Why don't you let anyone in? What are you so afraid of? Are you afraid that you might actually fall in love with someone?"

Zack let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Love is a joke, Cameron, do you expect me to profess my love for you? Is this where the big evil boss finally breaks down and admits he's fallen in love? This isn't the fucking movies. Get a life."

I crossed the space in between us in only two steps. My hands shot out and grabbed him. I slammed his body back against his desk. My lips crashed against his. His mouth opened in shock. I took the opportunity and my tongue darted out into his mouth. If I was going to walk out of this office and never come back I had to do this. I had to at least try. I could feel him start to respond to me, but he roughly pushed me back.

"What the fuck are you..."

I cut him off again.

"Tell me that the night on my couch meant nothing to you. Tell me you didn't feel something that night. Fuck! Tell me you didn't feel something when I kissed you."

He was in shock. Tears continued to stream down my face.

"What?"

I slammed my hand down on the desk next to him.

"God damn it, Zack! If you can tell me that you didn't feel anything that night, or even now, I will walk out this office and I'll never come back. I will fucking turn around and walk out of your life forever, but you need to tell me right now. Has any of this meant anything?"