Is That Really You?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tony155
Tony155
1,227 Followers

Michelle took the package from him and carefully pulled the paper from it, not wanting to rip it. When she opened the hinged box, she gasped with joy. There was nothing on her list that pertained to jewelry.

"They're beautiful, Gary," she managed to say. She took the necklace from the box and held it in front of her eyes. Quickly, she unfastened her necklace and gave her present to Gary. "Fasten it for me," she said to Gary.

He took it from her and after she held her hair from her neck, Gary put it around her neck and fastened it for her. She took out her diamonds and replaced them with the red stoned earrings. Michelle got up and moved to the mantle over the fireplace where a large mirror hung over it. She saw her reflection and the new jewelry and she smiled happily. She twirled back to Gary.

"I love them!" she exclaimed. She stopped short of Gary and stared at him. Everything within her wanted to pull him close and kiss him. In his eyes, she could see the pleasure it gave him to see her happy. That made her love him even more. And now, it was those same eyes which were melting her because there was a look of love emanating from them. She knew he loved her then. Maybe he was not 'in love' with her, but he loved her just the same. She had believed him the first time he said he loved her, but now, she could feel his emotions coming off him. For whatever reason, she had not felt that from him before. Her eyes grew misty as she continued to stare. They were oblivious to anyone else in the room.

"Thank you," she managed to say.

"You're very welcome," Gary smiled. It was he who moved forward and hugged her.

Michelle wished she could have stayed in his arms forever, but Gary cut it short as he pulled back after a few scant seconds. She tried not to show any disappointment as she continued to hold his hand when they sat down on the sofa again.

Chrissy looked on at what had just occurred between her brother and Michelle and could not help but wonder if perhaps she was seeing her future sister in law. It was the non-verbal clues she saw; the way they looked at each other and held the other. It was the same way she had seen her parents look at each other from time to time.

They stayed for another half hour before leaving. As soon as Gary was seated in the car beside her, Michelle pulled his face close and kissed him. It was not a friend's kiss, either. It was a lover's kiss and it was exactly the kiss Michelle meant it to be. It was long and passionate and Gary surrendered completely to her by relaxing and letting the moment happen, although below his waist, he was anything but relaxed.

When she finally stopped kissing him, Michelle giggled at the steamed windows of the car.

"What?" Gary asked.

"The windows."

"Oh," he replied as he noticed them for the first time. He started the car and turned on the defroster. Looking back at Michelle, he said, "I love kissing you."

"Maybe you'll have to do it more often," Michelle grinned devilishly.

"I certainly hope so." He leaned over and kissed her once more before putting the car in gear and driving away.

Within minutes, they were at Michelle's house with all its richness and finery. Every room on the main floor was decorated with ribbons, wreaths, bows and tinsel. It had been a while since he had visited and he was taken aback by the wonder of it. In the living room stood a large and tall Christmas tree decorated in blazing white. Many branches held an electric candle which made it only more beautiful. All around the tree were gifts wrapped in as many colors of the rainbow, innumerable to count at first glance.

"It's beautiful," he remarked.

Michelle shrugged. "Mom goes a little crazy at Christmas."

"I've noticed."

The rest of her family gathered in the room as well. Stephanie noticed Michelle's gifts immediately. "They're beautiful," she said as she examined the earrings. She looked at Gary. "Good taste."

"Let me see," Katie said. She, too, thought they were very pretty. Katie looked to the archway and then to Michelle. With her head, she gestured to the mistletoe.

Michelle smiled and shook her head. "Not yet."

"What are you talking about?" Gary asked.

"Oh, nothing," Michelle said, "just a little sister talk."

"Come on," Olivia said. "We've been waiting for you to arrive so we could start."

"Start?" Gary asked Michelle.

"Opening gifts," Michelle explained.

"Oh."

Much like Gary's family, the gifts were brought out from under the tree and arranged in stacks in front of each family member. Gary looked in awe as each stack was almost more than what his whole family exchanged. Strangely, he felt no jealousy at all. It pleased him that everyone was filled with joy and giving. Lastly, Michelle took a box that had been set aside and gave it to Gary.

"It's not as beautiful as what you gave me, but I hope you like it," Michelle said.

Gary smiled. "I'm sure I'll love it." He hesitated for a minute.

"Go ahead, open it," she urged him.

"Guests first," Frank said.

Not being dainty like Michelle had been with her gift, Gary tore the crimson paper from the box and opened it quickly. Inside, he found the Tigers cap and shirt. He beamed with joy as he held the shirt up. "These are great!" he exclaimed. "I love 'em. Thanks!" He leaned over and hugged her.

"I love you, best friend," she whispered softly in his ear so no one else could hear. Gary said nothing, but gave her an extra squeeze.

Soon, the room was filled with paper ripping, laughter, shrieks, and murmurs of thanks. It would be almost an hour before all the gifts were opened, but Gary enjoyed the time immensely. He noticed it was not the expensive gifts that seemed to give Michelle joy, but the simpler ones. A pen and pencil set, a funny tee shirt, or the necklace and earrings he gave her.

Afterward, they cleaned up their mess and put the opened gifts back under the tree. Frank left the room and came back with a digital camera and handed it to Gary.

"We usually set a timer, but would you mind taking some pictures of us?" he asked.

"Sure, no problem," he responded. Frank showed him how to work it and after a few trial photos, Gary began taking pictures of them in various groups and poses. Some had to be taken over again, but for the most part, he did a very good job.

When he finished, Michelle said to her father, "Take some of us, daddy." Michelle took Gary's hand and positioned him in front of the tree where her dad snapped three or four pictures of them together.

When it became ten o'clock, the family retreated upstairs to begin changing for the midnight Christmas Mass at St. Augustine's church. Michelle kept Gary company in the living room since she was already dressed and ready to go. When she was sure they would not be disturbed, she turned to Gary and said, "I have one more gift to give you." She giggled at the thought as she looked down momentarily. "Perhaps it's a gift to each other."

"What are you talking about?"

Michelle stood and pulled Gary to his feet. "Remember when I said all I wanted for Christmas was you under the mistletoe?"

"Yes."

Michelle looked at the archway and then back at Gary. She nodded in its direction. "It's waiting for us."

Without replying, Gary walked with her to the archway and stood directly under the brown and green sprig. He slipped his arms around her waist and looked into her eyes. Michelle draped her arms around his neck and returned the stare. They stood there for a few seconds and took in the magic of the moment. They became one in their own world and saw nothing but the other standing before them.

Seconds later, Gary moved forward slowly and pressed his lips to hers. His kiss at first was soft and gentle like a spring breeze, but he did not take long before his kisses became more passionate. It was not his normal kissing style and it temporarily caught Michelle off guard. She then realized he was not kissing her like a friend, he was kissing her like a man. Sometimes in the past, his kisses would weaken her knees slightly and small butterflies would dance in her stomach. His kiss was doing that and a lot more to her now. Delicious little tingles centered between her inner thighs, much like the time Stephanie had sneaked a Playgirl into the house on one of her trips home from school and showed it to Katie and her.

Michelle stifled a groan and hung onto Gary as her legs grew weaker. Slowly, he pulled away and looked at her. Michelle's eyes were closed and she was smiling dreamily.

Her eyes opened. "Why'd you stop?" she asked softly, almost pouting.

"You were getting a bit heavy," he chuckled. "I didn't want to have to pick you up off the floor. How would I explain that?"

"Who cares? Kiss me again."

Not needing any more direction, Gary pulled her close and kissed her sweetly once more. It was not as deep or as passionate as before, but Michelle felt like melting into his arms. It ended all too soon as Gary pulled back once again.

"Merry Christmas, Shelley," he said softly.

"Merry Christmas to you, best friend," she replied.

One by one, the rest of her family came down the stairs. Although the service was not to begin until midnight, the congregation was invited to come at eleven o'clock to sing Christmas carols with the choir.

After Gary excused himself to use the bathroom, Stephanie pulled Michelle aside and asked, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Why?"

"If I had been kissed like that, I wouldn't be," she winked.

"You saw us?"

Stephanie nodded. "I came down to get something, but I saw you two. He was really putting it to you, wasn't he?

"I could barely stand," Michelle giggled. "I never knew he was such a good kisser."

"Hmm, maybe I'll have to steer him over to the mistletoe myself," Stephanie mused.

"You most certainly will not!" Michelle laughed. "You can't have him."

"But it's Christmas," Stephanie whined. "We've shared things before."

"Not boyfriends."

"True, but we can always start a new tradition."

"I don't think so."

Gary came back with in a few minutes and sensed something was amiss between the two sisters, but he decided to let it go. "I'd better be going," he said to Michelle.

"Going? Where?"

"Well, home. You guys are going to Mass. I can't very well stay here." His family normally went to the morning Mass on Christmas.

"I thought you were coming with us."

"Well, I...we never discussed it."

Michelle turned to her mother. "He can come with us, can't he?"

"Of course he can if he wants to," Olivia replied.

"See," Michelle said, "you can come with us. I'd like for you to come," she added.

"Okay," he relented, "I'll come."

Soon, they piled into their van and were on their way to church. The Mass lasted over an hour and it was lovely. During the service, there came a point when the priest asked everyone to give one another a sign of peace. Normally, it was a handshake between strangers or a small kiss to a loved one, but Gary was in a quandary about what to do. Michelle and her parents would be easy, but he did not know how to approach her sisters. After he shook hands with Olivia and Frank, he turned to Michelle, who smiled at him. They gave each other a short kiss and hug. He then turned to Katie, who moved to him and hugged him close. She felt so much smaller than Michelle as he had to bend down to return the hug. He then turned to Stephanie, who hugged him in much the same way. If he and Michelle ever broke up, and he hoped they never would, he thought he would very much like to date either one of them.

It was well after one o'clock when they finally returned home. "We usually have coffee and cookies after church," Michelle explained, "if you want to stay a while longer." Gary agreed, but he was a bit anxious to get home. His time with Michelle had been priceless, but it was late and he had to be up early.

He had a cup of hot chocolate instead of coffee and few cookies with the family as they gathered in the living room. By two-fifteen, Gary was very tired and ready to go home. After saying good bye to everyone, he gathered his gifts and Michelle walked him to the door. After giving him his coat from the closet, she took one for herself.

"I'll walk you out," she said, not expecting a reply.

Once outside, the chilly December air surrounded them as the Michigan winter was in full force. Their shoes crunched the frozen, hardened snow as they walked. Puffs of steam escaped from their mouths as Gary opened his car and put the gifts inside. He started the car and closed the door behind him as he got out and stood with Michelle once more.

"I had a great time," he said. "Would you believe me if I said this was my best Christmas ever?"

"I'd believe you," she nodded. "It's been my best, too." Her heart was already aching knowing he was about to leave. She really did not want him to go home. She did not want such a wonderful day to end. "I'll cherish your gifts," she added. "They're beautiful."

Gary smiled faintly. It was becoming awkward now when it was time for either one of them to leave. It was getting to the point where they did not want to be apart from each other, even if but for a day. "I hoped you'd like them," he said. "The shirt and cap was great, too," he added.

"Good," Michelle smiled. "If you're not doing anything tomorrow night, stop by. I'm sure the party will still be going on."

"I don't know. We'll have to see how late we stay at my grandparents." He was just now getting used to Michelle's family. He was not sure if he wanted to meet a whole new group of family members.

"Okay," Michelle replied, a bit disappointed. Looking up at the light snowfall descending from the heavens, she said, "Well, I better let you go before we freeze out here."

"I guess so." As tired as he was, he did not want to leave. His thoughts traveled back to when they kissed under the mistletoe. He remembered her sweet lips and the way her body began to respond to his kisses. He remembered howhisbody responded to her kiss. Once again, his underwear became uncomfortable as things began to stir within.

Michelle moved forward and put her hands to his face. Drawing him nearer, she kissed him softly and sweetly. Soon though, her desire to repeat their kiss under the mistletoe overcame her and her kisses became more urgent. With great passion, her lips moved about his, tasting and wanting just a little more. The tingles between her inner thighs were in full force as Gary reciprocated in kind. She forgot about being cold.

His hands moved to her back as he held her against him. The bulge in his trousers were quite evident by then, but he did not care if she noticed or not at that point. He had the distinct feeling she was having the same feelings in her own way just by the soft moans she was emitting.

Michelle had to stop herself from reaching down and touching the crotch of her pants. She wanted to in the worst way. The ache, the pleasure he was giving her could only be relieved in one way. It was then she realized she better slow down and back off, which she did. Her soft, feathery kisses returned and they both relaxed.

It was Michelle who broke the seal this time as she stepped back and smiled. The things his kisses did to her! She could not remember being this excited, this sexually charged without pleasuring herself. She knew her fingers would be dancing under covers that night after he left.

Gary was a bit puzzled by the change in tempo and then the end, but he got the picture pretty quickly. Michelle's breathing was still ragged as she looked at him through misty eyes. His own penis was throbbing and begging to come out, but that would come later.

"I'm really lucky," he managed to say.

"Me too."

"I'll try to stop by."

"I'd like that."

They looked at each other for just a few seconds, but in that time frame, they both realized one very important fact; they were in love with each other and nothing could change that. They saw it in each others eyes and they felt it in their hearts. They knew it in their minds and they felt it in their bodies. It was irrevocable and irreversible and it was exactly what they wanted.

Gary reached forward and took her hand. "I love you, Shelley." He had said the same thing many times before, but in her heart Michelle knew it was different this time.

Beaming, she replied, "And I love you, too, Gary."

VI.

School started much too soon once Christmas was over. After having a few weeks off, it was difficult for Michelle and Gary to get back into a routine that did not include being with each other almost every day, although they did try to eat dinner together as often as possible. They did not go crazy on the weekends, either, because they knew their studies came first, but they still had their time together.

And with their time together, they grew closer. In a way, they felt so lucky to have been friends first. They never really went through the awkward stages that some couples face. They felt absolutely at ease with the other from the start and they were comfortable with that. Of course, as with all relationships, they had their differences and arguments, but they were few and far in between and usually were resolved quickly.

It was a couple of weeks after they returned to OSU when they confessed their true feelings for the other. It was a Friday evening after dinner and it had been a tough day in the classroom for Gary. Gina had already gone home for the weekend and Gary was stretched out on Michelle's bed with his head on her lap. She lazily stroked his forehead with her fingertips in hopes of relaxing him. He seemed unusually tense that evening and did not want to do anything.

"Hmm, that feels good," he said with his eyes closed. "I'll give you a couple hours to stop."

"What happens after that?"

"I'll give you an extension."

Michelle laughed and continued to run her fingers around his temples. Little was said as she continued, but this was not unusual. They found they could have a very enjoyable evening together with saying nary a word. She looked down at Gary and had an overwhelming rush of love go through her. All she wanted was to have Gary stay on her lap forever and let her soothe and nurture him. He meant so much to her.

"You know what?" she whispered as she bent forward toward his ear.

"What?"

"I was thinking...."

"That's scary," he interrupted.

"Brat!" she exclaimed as she slapped his arm playfully. "I'm trying to be serious."

"Okay, be serious, but don't stop with your fingers. They feel so good on my forehead."

Michelle smiled and once again began to strum her fingers above his eyes. "I was just thinking about how much I love you and need you." She stopped and continued to gaze at him, not knowing if she should continue.

Gary did not notice anything out of the ordinary as her fingers were still giving him blessed relief.

"But, I think it's going beyond that now," she continued.

"Going beyond what?"

"I love you more than just as a friend. I think I have for a while now."

Gary looked up at her. "I know."

"What? What do you mean?" Her fingers stopped moving.

Gary raised his head from her lap and looked at her. Her statement did not scare him nor surprise him. He was wondering when she would get around to telling him.

"I've known for a while now. I'm guessing it was around Christmas Eve. At least, that's when I started to fall in love with you."

"You're in love with me?" she asked incredulously.

He nodded. "Does that surprise you?"

Michelle thought for a few seconds. "No," she laughed, "I guess it doesn't surprise me, now that you mention it." She smiled devilishly. "You know, your kisses drove me crazy that night. I won't tell you what I did after you went home."

"Probably no different than what I did. Hell, I could barely walk, you had me so worked up!"

Tony155
Tony155
1,227 Followers
1...345678